PDA

View Full Version : Script Error: [string "scripts/LauncherProperties.lua"]:171: bad argument #1 to 'star

RageArmor
February 2nd, 2016, 21:25
I am getting this system error message every time i try to get on the server for a game, I am running on a non-steam version of FG

Script Error: [string "scripts/LauncherProperties.lua"]:171: bad argument #1 to 'startClient' (string expected, got boolean)

I have looked around on the house of healing already. Have tried the following. "Run as administrator, update, uninstall reinstall, complete wipe from the computer and reinstall, connecting to the ip address, and a total restart of both my computer and internet modem."

What do i do to fix this?

UPDATE: I just installed FG on my room mates computer and it is allowing me in the server, so it is something about this specific laptop that is preventing me from connecting.

saved screenshots

when trying to use the alias and when using the External IP

Edit: the solution that fixed my problem was, Thank you to Trenloe.

Make sure you have C:\Program Files\Fantasy Grounds set as the "App Directory" in the FG settings window.
Close FG.
Open Windows task manager and make sure there are no "FantasyGrounds.exe" processes running. If there are, kill them (end task).
Open C:\Program Files\Fantasy Grounds in Windows explorer and delete all files in this directory.
Download the FG installer from here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/downloads/
Right-click on the downloaded file (FGWebInstall.exe) and select "Run As Administrator"
On the updater screen that appears, click the "Settings" button and make sure the "App directory" is still C:\Program Files\Fantasy Grounds and make sure you have your FG website username and password entered in the "Fantasy Grounds Store Purchases" section. Click OK to exit the settings screen and go back to the updater.
If the updater doesn't automatically start, click Update.
Keep an eye on the update screen, you should see it adding various files which will appear in C:\Program Files\Fantasy Grounds (basically adding back in the files you deleted in step 4 above).
Once the updater is complete it will automatically start FG. Try to join the game at this point.

Moon Wizard
February 2nd, 2016, 21:31
I have only seen this intermittently, but I believe it is usually related to having incorrect values in the user name or host name field when joining a game.

The user name should be any name that identifies you when you connect to session. This is different than your character name.

The host name should be the external IP address (Ex: 68.180.194.243) or alias (Ex: huge fairy ogre ugly) provided by the GM. If playing on a local network, you would use the local IP address instead (Ex: 192.168.0.10).

If fixing that data does not work, please post a screen shot of your Join Game screen with the values you are using. (Just press PrntScrn key on Join Game screen, click on the folder button in upper right, and post the newest screenshotXXXX.png)

Regards,
JPG

Trenloe
February 2nd, 2016, 21:32
Please provide the exact steps you are taking.

RageArmor
February 2nd, 2016, 21:35
Please provide the exact steps you are taking.

steps to what? get on the server. I open up fantasy grounds, click on the previous server listing for the one i've been playing on, and try to connect. Until now, that has always worked.

RageArmor
February 2nd, 2016, 21:37
I have only seen this intermittently, but I believe it is usually related to having incorrect values in the user name or host name field when joining a game.

The user name should be any name that identifies you when you connect to session. This is different than your character name.

The host name should be the external IP address (Ex: 68.180.194.243) or alias (Ex: huge fairy ogre ugly) provided by the GM. If playing on a local network, you would use the local IP address instead (Ex: 192.168.0.10).

If fixing that data does not work, please post a screen shot of your Join Game screen with the values you are using. (Just press PrntScrn key on Join Game screen, click on the folder button in upper right, and post the newest screenshotXXXX.png)

Regards,
JPG

Not playing a local game. We are in the same country, but still not the same game. I have tried using both the External IP, and the Alias. One results in that error message, the other results in it saying "Network Error During Host License Check"

Trenloe
February 2nd, 2016, 21:38
steps to what? get on the server. I open up fantasy grounds, click on the previous server listing for the one i've been playing on, and try to connect. Until now, that has always worked.
Exactly - we need to know when you get the error and what you're doing to get the error. "get on the server for a game" could mean a few things to different people.

As Moon Wizard mentions above, check the player name and hostname you're using to connect.

RageArmor
February 2nd, 2016, 21:39
Exactly - we need to know when you get the error and what you're doing to get the error. "get on the server for a game" could mean a few things to different people.

As Moon Wizard mentions above, check the player name and hostname you're using to connect.

The error happens when it's trying to connect to the game, but before downloading the files needed to join

Trenloe
February 2nd, 2016, 21:40
I have tried using both the External IP, and the Alias. One results in that error message, the other results in it saying "Network Error During Host License Check"
Which (alias or IP) gives the LauncherProperties.lua error and which gives the host license check error?

RageArmor
February 2nd, 2016, 21:43
Which (alias or IP) gives the LauncherProperties.lua error and which gives the host license check error?

the ip. the alias gives me the error message listed above.

Trenloe
February 2nd, 2016, 21:46
the ip. the alias gives me the error message listed above.
After you get the error for each one, click the folder icon in the top right and open console.log from the Windows Explorer window that appears.

Please copy/paste the results for each connection attempt (one with the IP and one with the alias) here so we can try to debug further.

RageArmor
February 2nd, 2016, 21:51
After you get the error for each one, click the folder icon in the top right and open console.log from the Windows Explorer window that appears.

Please copy/paste the results for each connection attempt (one with the IP and one with the alias) here so we can try to debug further.
The Alias one
[02.02.2016 21:48:42] Runtime Notice: Initializing DirectX
[02.02.2016 21:48:42] Runtime Notice: Initializing COM
[02.02.2016 21:48:42] Ruleset Warning: Font (ft-heading): Could not load font file (fonts/Poor-Richard.ttf)
[02.02.2016 21:48:42] Ruleset Warning: Font (ft-heading): Windows replaced specified font face (Poor Richard) with (Arial)
[02.02.2016 21:48:44] Runtime Notice: Fantasy Grounds starting
[02.02.2016 21:48:48] Runtime Notice: Resolving alias
[02.02.2016 21:49:09] Network Warning: Unable to update host alias data - connecting to host
[02.02.2016 21:49:09] Script Error: [string "scripts/LauncherProperties.lua"]:171: bad argument #1 to 'startClient' (string expected, got boolean)
[02.02.2016 21:49:11] Network Notice: Client connection cancelled

The External IP one
[02.02.2016 21:50:36] Runtime Notice: Initializing DirectX
[02.02.2016 21:50:36] Runtime Notice: Initializing COM
[02.02.2016 21:50:36] Ruleset Warning: Font (ft-heading): Could not load font file (fonts/Poor-Richard.ttf)
[02.02.2016 21:50:36] Ruleset Warning: Font (ft-heading): Windows replaced specified font face (Poor Richard) with (Arial)
[02.02.2016 21:50:38] Runtime Notice: Fantasy Grounds starting
[02.02.2016 21:50:53] Runtime Notice: User 'RageArmor' attempting connection to <redacted>'
[02.02.2016 21:50:56] Network Notice: Client unable to connect to host - Could not connect to the host. Check the address and try again.

Trenloe
February 2nd, 2016, 21:53
[02.02.2016 21:50:53] Runtime Notice: User 'RageArmor' attempting connection to <redacted>
2226 is not valid. I'm guessing that should be 226?

RageArmor
February 2nd, 2016, 21:54
2226 is not valid. I'm guessing that should be 226?

yeah sorry didn't notice that i typed an extra 2 in there

This is the message for that.
[02.02.2016 21:50:36] Runtime Notice: Initializing DirectX
[02.02.2016 21:50:36] Runtime Notice: Initializing COM
[02.02.2016 21:50:36] Ruleset Warning: Font (ft-heading): Could not load font file (fonts/Poor-Richard.ttf)
[02.02.2016 21:50:36] Ruleset Warning: Font (ft-heading): Windows replaced specified font face (Poor Richard) with (Arial)
[02.02.2016 21:50:38] Runtime Notice: Fantasy Grounds starting
[02.02.2016 21:50:53] Runtime Notice: User 'RageArmor' attempting connection to <redacted>
[02.02.2016 21:50:56] Network Notice: Client unable to connect to host - Could not connect to the host. Check the address and try again.
[02.02.2016 21:51:16] Runtime Notice: Resolving alias
[02.02.2016 21:51:20] Network Notice: Client connection cancelled
[02.02.2016 21:54:15] Runtime Notice: User 'RageArmor' attempting connection to <redacted>
[02.02.2016 21:54:37] Network Notice: Client unable to connect to host - Network error during host license check.

Trenloe
February 2nd, 2016, 21:58
[02.02.2016 21:54:15] Runtime Notice: User 'RageArmor' attempting connection to '<redacted>'
[02.02.2016 21:54:37] Network Notice: Client unable to connect to host - Network error during host license check.
I can connect OK with this IP address (your GM should have seen "FG Tester" connecting).

This appears to be an issue with you not being able to access the FG server for alias resolution or free/ultimate license validation. This might be some local security software stopping access to the FG servers, or the FG servers may have blocked your IP address range (unlikely as you're in the US). Try temporarily disabling any security/firewall/anti-virus apps you have.

RageArmor
February 2nd, 2016, 22:07
I can connect OK with this IP address (your GM should have seen "FG Tester" connecting).

This appears to be an issue with you not being able to access the FG server for alias resolution or free/ultimate license validation. This might be some local security software stopping access to the FG servers, or the FG servers may have blocked your IP address range (unlikely as you're in the US). Try temporarily disabling any security/firewall/anti-virus apps you have.
Nope tried turning the firewall completely off and stuff gave me the same thing.

Trenloe
February 2nd, 2016, 22:13
Nope tried turning the firewall completely off and stuff gave me the same thing.
Something's blocking it. Are you on a network that might block? i.e. work, university/college, public network, etc.?? If it's your home network and you have access to the router, see if there might be some firewall/security blocking your network access. If that passes OK, email [email protected] with your Internet IP address (so they can check if you're being blocked) and reference this forum thread.

RageArmor
February 2nd, 2016, 22:17
Something's blocking it. Are you on a network that might block? i.e. work, university/college, public network, etc.?? If it's your home network and you have access to the router, see if there might be some firewall/security blocking your network access. If that passes OK, email [email protected] with your Internet IP address (so they can check if you're being blocked) and reference this forum thread.

Just tried that, and unfortunately i have no clue if port forwarding would work or not since with the cable provider i'm with doesn't allow advanced access to the router unless you are not renting.

Vishera
February 2nd, 2016, 22:23

Im the DM of the game, and yes I saw "FG Tester"

Trenloe
February 2nd, 2016, 22:30
Just tried that, and unfortunately i have no clue if port forwarding would work or not since with the cable provider i'm with doesn't allow advanced access to the router unless you are not renting.
Port forwarding is used if you are the GM, not the player. Although, there may be something else in the router setup/security that is stopping you accessing the FG server for alias resolution/ultimate license validation. You might need to get in touch with your ISP to see if there is some block. But, before that, email support as I mention above, so they can check if your IP address is being blocked. If they say it isn't, ask them for the IP address and port number of the FG server used for alias resolution/ultimate license validation and cask your ISP if they are blocking communication to that IP address and port.

RageArmor
February 2nd, 2016, 22:39
Port forwarding is used if you are the GM, not the player. Although, there may be something else in the router setup/security that is stopping you accessing the FG server for alias resolution/ultimate license validation. You might need to get in touch with your ISP to see if there is some block. But, before that, email support as I mention above, so they can check if your IP address is being blocked. If they say it isn't, ask them for the IP address and port number of the FG server used for alias resolution/ultimate license validation and cask your ISP if they are blocking communication to that IP address and port.
It is actually something going on with this specific computer, i just installed fg on my room mates computer and it runs as normal. So now i just have to figure out what is blocking on this computer.

Trenloe
February 2nd, 2016, 22:41
It is actually something going on with this specific computer, i just installed fg on my room mates computer and it runs as normal. So now i just have to figure out what is blocking on this computer.
Cool - good to know it's just that computer. Please report back if you find out what the issue is.

RageArmor
February 2nd, 2016, 23:16
Cool - good to know it's just that computer. Please report back if you find out what the issue is.

gotta correct that again, it's something with the program. Cause when i exited out on the other computer, it came up as saying "Program is not installed correctly" then had me click the install with recommended settings, and now that computer is doing the same thing as on the lap top.

edit: also when i check on both computers now in the control panel for uninstall programs Fantasy Grounds doesn't show up.

Trenloe
February 2nd, 2016, 23:34
What security/anti-virus are you running?

RageArmor
February 2nd, 2016, 23:51
What security/anti-virus are you running?

I tried turning every one of them off, including the built in firewall.

edit: Also when i click the uninstall program in the start menu, it says "unable to find installed items do you want to uninstall anyways?"

Trenloe
February 2nd, 2016, 23:59
I tried turning every one of them off, including the built in firewall.
One of them may have blocked correct installation of FG. Turn them all off, and try re-installing from the FG installer. Run the installer as admin - right-click and select "Run as Administrator".

Which security/AV apps are you using? Norton has been known to block the FG update application before, others may be blocking a portion of the installation.

RageArmor
February 3rd, 2016, 00:05
One of them may have blocked correct installation of FG. Turn them all off, and try re-installing from the FG installer. Run the installer as admin - right-click and select "Run as Administrator".

Which security/AV apps are you using? Norton has been known to block the FG update application before, others may be blocking a portion of the installation.
Did exactly as you said, and it still didn't work.
All i know is there is one called Microsoft Security Essentials

Trenloe
February 3rd, 2016, 00:12
I'm stumped. If it worked once on one of the computers then it's unlikely that the router/FG is blocking your IP address and it's probably something on your local computer's setup that's causing the block.

Right-click on the network icon in the Windows taskbar (bottom right) and select "Open Network and Sharing Center". Does your network connection show as Private or Public?

RageArmor
February 3rd, 2016, 00:15
I'm stumped. If it worked once on one of the computers then it's unlikely that the router/FG is blocking your IP address and it's probably something on your local computer's setup that's causing the block.

Right-click on the network icon in the Windows taskbar (bottom right) and select "Open Network and Sharing Center". Does your network connection show as Private or Public?private

though i just tried changing it to public and i still get the same error message.

Trenloe
February 3rd, 2016, 00:18
Please provide (attach to this thread) a screenshot of your settings window? (blank out the license key before attaching)

RageArmor
February 3rd, 2016, 00:25
Please provide (attach to this thread) a screenshot of your settings window? (blank out the license key before attaching)done

Moon Wizard
February 3rd, 2016, 00:29
We also had at least one case where a content filter (a child safety filter in that case) was blocking or changing the request for license check or alias resolution.

JPG

RageArmor
February 3rd, 2016, 00:32
We also had at least one case where a content filter (a child safety filter in that case) was blocking or changing the request for license check or alias resolution.

JPG

There is no child safety filter on this computer.

Trenloe
February 3rd, 2016, 00:44
done
At what point did you change the app directory from the default of C:\Program Files (x86)\Fantasy Grounds? I'd recommend changing it back to this and running an update. There are probably exceptions in Windows Firewall that are pointing to FantasyGrounds.exe in C:\Program Files (x86)\Fantasy Grounds and not in C:\ProgramData\Fantasy Grounds, which should only be used for the data directory, not the app directory.

RageArmor
February 3rd, 2016, 00:49
At what point did you change the app directory from the default of C:\Program Files (x86)\Fantasy Grounds? I'd recommend changing it back to this and running an update. There are probably exceptions in Windows Firewall that are pointing to FantasyGrounds.exe in C:\Program Files (x86)\Fantasy Grounds and not in C:\ProgramData\Fantasy Grounds, which should only be used for the data directory, not the app directory.

none, this lap tow doesn have a program files (x86) it just has programfiles. As for whether or not it is changed to program files (x86) it's set to that on the other computer and still gives the same result.

Trenloe
February 3rd, 2016, 00:55
OK, so change the app directory to C:\Program Files\Fantasy Grounds and run an update.

Have you installed through Steam or through the FG installer?

It might be worth running the installer again (download from here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/downloads/) and run the installer as Administrator, select the default

RageArmor
February 3rd, 2016, 00:57
OK, so change the app directory to C:\Program Files\Fantasy Grounds and run an update.

Have you installed through Steam or through the FG installer?

It might be worth running the installer again (download from here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/downloads/) and run the installer as Administrator, select the defaultThrough the FG installer, as for running the installer again, it just brings me to the FGupdater.

Trenloe
February 3rd, 2016, 01:01
OK, so change the app directory to C:\Program Files\Fantasy Grounds in the settings window and then run an update. The idea of this is to get the FG installation back to the default directories.

RageArmor
February 3rd, 2016, 01:03
OK, so change the app directory to C:\Program Files\Fantasy Grounds in the settings window and then run an update. The idea of this is to get the FG installation back to the default directories.

Already did. Still nothing. At this point i'm starting to think that the onyl way i will be able to get it to work again is if i completely wipe the whole computer, but i wont do that.

RageArmor
February 3rd, 2016, 01:29
I'm thinking that it might have smoething to do with the updater. Cause this didn't start happening until i checked for updates earlier today.

RageArmor
February 3rd, 2016, 01:46

another update, i just had an idea of trying to create my own campaign server, and when clicking the external IP it comes up as error, and when clicking the Test connection, it comes up with failure.

Vishera
February 3rd, 2016, 04:02
another update, i just had an idea of trying to create my own campaign server, and when clicking the external IP it comes up as error, and when clicking the Test connection, it comes up with failure.

failure on test connection is almost always a router issue

RageArmor
February 3rd, 2016, 04:05
failure on test connection is almost always a router issue

Well if that's the case then i'm completely buggered cause my cable company is being a total **** about it.

Vishera
February 3rd, 2016, 04:23
lamesauce.. have a spare router? is it cable or DSL?

RageArmor
February 3rd, 2016, 04:25
lamesauce.. have a spare router? is it cable or DSL?
no and it's cable.

Vishera
February 3rd, 2016, 04:30
and they said they wont open that port for you?

RageArmor
February 3rd, 2016, 04:31
and they said they wont open that port for you?

To be specific they said "it is our policy to not allow advanced access to the router for members only renting."

Vishera
February 3rd, 2016, 04:36
ask them to do it for you then, allow port forwarding on 1802

RageArmor
February 3rd, 2016, 04:38
ask them to do it for you then, allow port forwarding on 1802

It will have to be tomorrow.

Trenloe
February 3rd, 2016, 04:55
Note: you only need port forwarding if you will be the GM. The connection test is only for GMs. If you're not going to be a GM then you can ignore the test connection failure.

RageArmor
February 3rd, 2016, 04:57
Note: you only need port forwarding if you will be the GM. The connection test is only for GMs. If you're not going to be a GM then you can ignore the test connection failure.

But the thing is, the problem i'm having connecting to others, and creating a game could be connected.

Trenloe
February 3rd, 2016, 05:00
But the thing is, the problem i'm having connecting to others, and creating a game could be connected.
Maybe, but you don't need port forwarding if you're just going to be a player, and running the connection test is only relevant for port forwarding. So ignore that for now. The GM connectivity is a whole other layer on top of what you'll need to be a player.

Vishera
February 3rd, 2016, 05:01
right I keep forgetting that.. well still the ports may be closed for future hosting.. but I still cant figure out why you were able to connect to my game just fine tons of times and then all of a sudden this. hmmm

RageArmor
February 3rd, 2016, 05:03
All i know is, on this laptop i checked for updates and that's when everything went to hell. Then on the other computer, it said it wasn't installed properly and did an update then went to hell. Which is why i'm thinking that it possibly has something to do with the FGupdater. I mean these are two different computers, with two different security systems installed on it.

Trenloe
February 3rd, 2016, 05:08
What operating system/s are you using? Version and whether 32-bit or 64-bit?

Vishera
February 3rd, 2016, 05:09
have you tried a DHCP release

RageArmor
February 3rd, 2016, 05:10
What operating system/s are you using? Version and whether 32-bit or 64-bit?
This laptop is a windows vista, the other computer is i believe 64-bit windows 8.

RageArmor
February 3rd, 2016, 05:16
have you tried a DHCP release

just tried it, same result.

Trenloe
February 3rd, 2016, 05:39
On the Vista PC, try the following:

Make sure you have C:\Program Files\Fantasy Grounds set as the "App Directory" in the FG settings window.
Close FG.
Open Windows task manager and make sure there are no "FantasyGrounds.exe" processes running. If there are, kill them (end task).
Open C:\Program Files\Fantasy Grounds in Windows explorer and delete all files in this directory.
Right-click on the downloaded file (FGWebInstall.exe) and select "Run As Administrator"
On the updater screen that appears, click the "Settings" button and make sure the "App directory" is still C:\Program Files\Fantasy Grounds and make sure you have your FG website username and password entered in the "Fantasy Grounds Store Purchases" section. Click OK to exit the settings screen and go back to the updater.
Keep an eye on the update screen, you should see it adding various files which will appear in C:\Program Files\Fantasy Grounds (basically adding back in the files you deleted in step 4 above).
Once the updater is complete it will automatically start FG. Try to join the game at this point.

Trenloe
February 3rd, 2016, 05:48
And just to confirm - you're using a Free FG license, correct?

RageArmor
February 3rd, 2016, 05:53
On the Vista PC, try the following:

Close FG.

Holy balls in a vice grip, it worked. I'm connected to the server i needed to connect to earlier today. Thanks mate. I'm going to have to bookmark this just incase it happens again. I was getting really pissed and worried that i would have to quit D&D again so soon.

Vishera
February 3rd, 2016, 05:55
I knew trenloe would come through with an answer!

Trenloe
February 3rd, 2016, 05:56
Holy balls in a vice grip, it worked. I'm connected to the server i needed to connect to earlier today. Thanks mate. I'm going to have to bookmark this just incase it happens again. I was getting really pissed and worried that i would have to quit D&D again so soon.
Fantastic! :)

I reckon that one (or more) of the FG files had some form of security block, so it was best to delete the old ones and download new ones while running the updater as Administrator.

RageArmor
February 3rd, 2016, 06:01

I reckon that one (or more) of the FG files had some form of security block, so it was best to delete the old ones and download new ones while running the updater as Administrator.
I am currently testing to be sure it stays that way, by leaving the server and returning, closing the program and returning, and finally restarting the computer then returning. If it's still there after restarting the computer then it's all grande. I had that gut feeling that it had something to due with the updater.

RageArmor
February 3rd, 2016, 06:10

I am currently testing to be sure it stays that way, by leaving the server and returning, closing the program and returning, and finally restarting the computer then returning. If it's still there after restarting the computer then it's all grande. I had that gut feeling that it had something to due with the updater. Just finished it's test and i am now 87% sure the problem is fixed. It is at-very-least working again.

You're good people.

Chorpa
February 14th, 2016, 22:57
Had a friend who was gonna connect and create a character today. We encountered just this problem with the same error message but on Windows 10. At first we tried all the other methods that seemed to have worked in the future but since this error message was a first we where a bit stomped. I found this post and another post that lead me back to this one. The alias he was using to connect to was using quiet grave flayed goblin. Had another Alias before that but didn't work so generated a new one in the troubleshooting process. According to the FG the External IP adress is 46.236.110.3. We tried following the recommendations in this post but that didn't work either. We solved the situation so he used a Spreadsheet shared over Google Drive to create his Character and since we don't have a game until Saturday (27th February) we are hoping to be able to solve the problem until then. Anyone have any other suggestions than what have already been posted here for Vista since it doesn't seem to work for this guy.

RageArmor
February 14th, 2016, 23:04
Had a friend who was gonna connect and create a character today. We encountered just this problem with the same error message but on Windows 10. At first we tried all the other methods that seemed to have worked in the future but since this error message was a first we where a bit stomped. I found this post and another post that lead me back to this one. The alias he was using to connect to was using quiet grave flayed goblin. Had another Alias before that but didn't work so generated a new one in the troubleshooting process. According to the FG the External IP adress is 46.236.110.3. We tried following the recommendations in this post but that didn't work either. We solved the situation so he used a Spreadsheet shared over Google Drive to create his Character and since we don't have a game until Saturday (27th February) we are hoping to be able to solve the problem until then. Anyone have any other suggestions than what have already been posted here for Vista since it doesn't seem to work for this guy.
I'm guess that you're the host of the game. So a question to you is, do you have your router set to portforward on port 1802? If so, the only other thing i can think of is to have your friend go into the settings, have it set to what ever it was set to as default and try the steps i laid out in the first post, only with his computers default locations.

Chorpa
February 15th, 2016, 01:00
I'm guess that you're the host of the game. So a question to you is, do you have your router set to portforward on port 1802? If so, the only other thing i can think of is to have your friend go into the settings, have it set to what ever it was set to as default and try the steps i laid out in the first post, only with his computers default locations.

Yes I am the host (Ultimate License). Have set up the router way back and checked the port forwarding is still there (had the port problem when I just had gotten the program before I figured out what port to open). Also had another player who connected earlier today to create a character without problems. We tried the steps you got (at least he said he tried em) and didn't seem to work. I am pretty sure the problem is with his computer since this is the first time I do encounter this problem and play two games weekly over FG. It is late here in Sweden now but we have the whole week to try to solve the problem. I figured I would start here since you problem was with the same error message he got.

Btw missed when you logged into the server. Sorry about that. :o

RageArmor
February 15th, 2016, 01:04
Yes I am the host (Ultimate License). Have set up the router way back and checked the port forwarding is still there (had the port problem when I just had gotten the program before I figured out what port to open). Also had another player who connected earlier today to create a character without problems. We tried the steps you got (at least he said he tried em) and didn't seem to work. I am pretty sure the problem is with his computer since this is the first time I do encounter this problem and play two games weekly over FG. It is late here in Sweden now but we have the whole week to try to solve the problem. I figured I would start here since you problem was with the same error message he got.

Btw missed when you logged into the server. Sorry about that. :o
Okay, well let's start off by finding out exactly what y'all have done so far to try and fix it. Which methods have you done and please be specific.

Edit: You should also try pming "Trenloe" he was the one that helped me figure out what was wrong.

Gowther
December 21st, 2018, 01:27
I am currently facing the same issues and am a first time user. error code reads "Script Error: [string "scripts/LauncherProperties.lua"]:171: bad argument #3 to 'startClient' (string expected, got nil)

Moon Wizard
December 21st, 2018, 01:42
I've seen this issue happen intermittently, but nothing we've been able to pinpoint or recreate. Try closing and restarting FG.

Regards,
JPG