PDA

View Full Version : Help wanted on making masked parts of the map compeletly black

PogS
February 2nd, 2016, 11:51
Hi all,

I just bought FG and didn't GM on it yet. I am still learning it and preparing my Rise of the Runelords Campaign on it. I thank kane280484 for sending me his campaign module for it. I am in the process of translating it to French. Anyway I'm diverging here.
My problem is the following : I intend to run FG locally and display the maps and tokens etc... on my projector screen on the wall. The problem is that the players will see the unrevealed part of the map as it is not totally blackened in GM view. I installed the Black image mask extension but it is not fully opaque
I searched for solutions but alas I found nothing so far. The only thing I can think of is to resize the map window closely around the players but it is not perfect at all
Do you guys know a workaround for this ?

Thank you beforehand for your help :)

dulux-oz
February 2nd, 2016, 12:01
Hi PogS,

The way we normally do this type of thing is run a 2nd instance of FG as a player and show that instance on a 2nd screen.

2 other things: have you checked out the FG Tutorial Videos yet?

and are you aware of the LPak Extensions (since you said you were translating into French)?

Cheers

damned
February 2nd, 2016, 12:26
Dulux_Oz has good advice. Run a second instance of the client on the same computer and connect to localhost.
The GMs view intentionally applies a degree of alpha transparency or whatever it is called so that the GM can see what they are doing.

PogS
February 2nd, 2016, 12:55
@dulux-oz
Yeah I watched several videos already.
I already installed the French LPak Extension. It's nice even though it is not finished. I wish so hard that the PFRPG ruleset, spells, etc were translated to french as well.

One thing that I noticed from my experience, it is a shame that the link to the page does not change automatically when you change it's title header. See my image. Because of that I cannot translate the campaign completely. Also the story page kane in his campaign module made is not editable :/

One other thing the back image extension sadly is not listed in the extension liste thread on the forums :/

Thanks guys I tried that and i worked perfectly. I'm gonna display my GM FG on my laptop and the "Party" FG on the projector screen :)

PogS
February 2nd, 2016, 13:08
I am interested in translating graphic assets as I am a graphic designer so if you need help please tell me what to do.

dulux-oz
February 2nd, 2016, 13:10
@dulux-oz
Yeah I watched several videos already.
I already installed the French LPak Extension. It's nice even though it is not finished. I wish so hard that the PFRPG ruleset, spells, etc were translated to french as well.

One thing that I noticed from my experience, it is a shame that the link to the page does not change automatically when you change it's title header. See my image. Because of that I cannot translate the campaign completely. Also the story page kane in his campaign module made is not editable :/

One other thing the back image extension sadly is not listed in the extension liste thread on the forums :/

Thanks guys I tried that and i worked perfectly. I'm gonna display my GM FG on my laptop and the "Party" FG on the projector screen :)

Well, its up to the Project volunteers to keep working on it - I don't speak French I'm afraid :)

As far as the actual RPG Data, well, that's something for down the track -the projects only been going about 5 weeks or so, so give 'em a chance.

Your Image issue: its because the data is stored in two places - you've translated one, but not the other. You'll have to change it in the raw data inside the module.

Glad the other thing works for you

Cheers

dulux-oz
February 2nd, 2016, 13:11
I am interested in translating graphic assets as I am a graphic designer so if you need help please tell me what to do.

Download and read the LPak Framework documentation, then have a go - and ask any questions you need to over in the LPak Thread

PogS
February 2nd, 2016, 16:23
Why my previous post was not posted by moderators ? I posted an image in it, must be why. Nevermind.

Thanks, I tried your solution and it worked perfectly :)