PDA

View Full Version : NPC creation question

erjohns
February 2nd, 2016, 02:53
I have several encounters that have NPCs with a character class. The NPC creation built in doesn't really cover character classes, is there a way to create a PC and convert it to an NPC?

kylania
February 2nd, 2016, 03:46
Just make the PC and drag it onto the Combat Tracker and set it as Hostile.

erjohns
February 2nd, 2016, 03:53
And then to keep my players from seeing the NPCs

kylania
February 2nd, 2016, 04:06
You'd do the trick where you rclick on your FG icon and start it again. Then connect to localhost as some generic user and claim that PC. You as GM or that user will see the PC, but the player's won't. They'll just see it as an entry on the Combat Tracker.

Jwguy
February 2nd, 2016, 15:25
Personally, I wouldn't mind this trick if it kept the attack and damage rolls in the Combat Tracker (it does for NPCs, but not PCs), and also if there were a way to separate and organize PCs in the Character Select Menu - Groups or Folders or the like.

Alternatively, you can just do what I do, and what I had assumed others did; Make an NPC as per normal and just add data from the classes to their sheet. The NPC sheet supports everything it needs to, in that regard.

Zacchaeus
February 2nd, 2016, 15:47
Personally, I wouldn't mind this trick if it kept the attack and damage rolls in the Combat Tracker (it does for NPCs, but not PCs), and also if there were a way to separate and organize PCs in the Character Select Menu - Groups or Folders or the like.

Alternatively, you can just do what I do, and what I had assumed others did; Make an NPC as per normal and just add data from the classes to their sheet. The NPC sheet supports everything it needs to, in that regard.

For the first I believe that the devs are looking at a reorganisation of the way FG handles data for the forthcoming Unity build so you may well get your wish.

And I agree on your second point. Although it doesn't drag and drop it's easy enough to give an NPC several levels of a character class just by starting with one of the NPCs in the MM like Acolyte or Thug and just adding in the additional attributes that for example a 4th level fighter or rogue might have. And if you do such a thing on a blank campaign you can export them all into a module and have them available in any other campaign.