PDA

View Full Version : Purchasing Question

Trio14
February 2nd, 2016, 02:24
I plan on buying FG tonight. I have a question about the "packages"

Does the Ultimate Package come with the game or is it only DLC? Do i need to purchase the game then get the Ultimate Package?

Thanks!

Moon Wizard
February 2nd, 2016, 02:38
You can purchase the Ultimate version directly through the FG Web site, or it is available as an upgrade to the standard license if purchased through Steam.

The Ultimate version does not come with any of the DLC. The difference between the Standard and Ultimate license is that players joining a game hosted by an Ultimate license can use the Free/Demo license.

Frameworks for many systems including 5E, Pathfinder, and more are included with the standard install. This includes all the sheets and mechanics to play without any of the game data.

Game data for Pathfinder and 3.5E that are available as OGL are also included with all licenses.

Game data for 5E that is available in the Basic Rules or SRD are included with any paid license (Standard or Ultimate).

Additional frameworks and OGL data are available through the community on the forums and wiki.

Hope that answers your question.

Cheers,
JPG

Blahness98
February 2nd, 2016, 02:39
You are purchasing a license for Fantasy Grounds. This is not a "game" per se. This is a tool that simulates a desktop so you can play RPG games over the net.

All flavors of FG will include the base rule sets (CoreRPG, 3.5, Pathfinder, 4e, 5e) and the relevant base SRD with the exception of the demo license. That one is missing the 5e SRD content. To determine what you want, take a look at the buy page (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/buyFG/) and scroll all the way to the bottom where it breaks down what you are getting per license.

The DLC is generally adventure modules, token packs, map packs, new rule sets and other things that make life easier as a DM, but all things you can enter yourself with time and practice. There is also stuff on the forums you can add in that is either OGL based or extensions that add to the experience.

Trio14
February 2nd, 2016, 02:44
Thanks! Best go with the Standard i think.