PDA

View Full Version : Pins on the map

Outsider418
February 1st, 2016, 22:02
Good afternoon.

Sorry for all the basic questions, I'm still a beginner. I'm running a D&D 5e campaign just in case that's important :)

I was reading the guide on the Wiki about maps and they mentioned pins. I want pins for my map but I cannot figure out how to set them up. On the Wiki it says:

Add Pin: Drag and drop any shortcut link while the pin layer is enabled.

So how do I create a shortcut link? If there is a YouTube video or another part of the Wiki that missed, even better :)

Thanks

ianmward
February 1st, 2016, 22:15
To enable the pin layer you can either enable it using the radial menu or, as I do, temporarily enable it by holding down the <ctrl> key.

So to see the pins, hold down <ctrl> key and to create a new pin, drag a shortcut link onto the map whilst holding down <ctrl>.

Zacchaeus
February 1st, 2016, 22:40
Good afternoon.

Sorry for all the basic questions, I'm still a beginner. I'm running a D&D 5e campaign just in case that's important :)

I was reading the guide on the Wiki about maps and they mentioned pins. I want pins for my map but I cannot figure out how to set them up. On the Wiki it says:

Add Pin: Drag and drop any shortcut link while the pin layer is enabled.

So how do I create a shortcut link? If there is a YouTube video or another part of the Wiki that missed, even better :)

Thanks

Hi Outsider,

You create a link on a map simply by dragging a story entry or an encounter onto the map and drop it. It will create a link to that story or encounter. (at least this is what happens in 5e - but I think it should work like that in any CORE based ruleset).

damned
February 1st, 2016, 23:16
The bit you drag is the little icon that opens the item up - it might be a dragon head or red circle or brown shield etc...

Outsider418
February 3rd, 2016, 20:55
Got it, thanks guys!!