PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e Dark One’s Blessing (if killed, killer gain tmp HP)

WilliamCQ
February 1st, 2016, 21:39
I have the--very--bad habit of forgetting to use Dark One’s Blessing, a feature of D&D 5e Warlock (with Otherworldly Patron: The Fiend). I've spammed my character sheet, for when I play P&P, with a reminder for it and I still forget to use the vast majority of the time. I'm hoping using an automated tool, such as FG, can help my PC benefit from that feature.

I started doing web search for it then a site-specific search (for this one), the looked at 5E Effects - Fantasy Grounds Wiki (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/5E_Effects), especially IFT: [condition OR conditional operator] with the conditions trying to piece something in my mind but couldn't manage it. I was willing to even forego the automated temporary HP addition to only adding a useless status (ie: Dark One’s Blessed), that I hoped would catch my eye in the combat tracker but even that was out of my reach.

Here's the feature definition:

Dark One’s Blessing
Starting at 1st level, when you reduce a hostile creature to 0 hit points, you gain temporary hit points equal to your Charisma modifier + your warlock level (minimum of 1).

Thank you kindly for your help

Moon Wizard
February 2nd, 2016, 18:14
This will not be automated by FG, since there are many variables at play, including GM styles.

I would just set up as a separate power at the top of the Actions tab (as the reminder), with a roll action to add temporary hit points.

Cheers,
JPG