PDA

View Full Version : Absolute Newcomer LFG

Hifilia
February 1st, 2016, 17:23
I have never played a DnD tabletop in my entire life, but i have always been interested but living in small town such as mine with biggest cities that may or may not have a community to join in miles away from where i live its been hard to even find one IRL.

I just picked up the Demo on Fantasy Grounds on Steam after i met a another user from Steam forums with a Ultimate license something(?), he/she was nice enough to go trough the process of character creation with the 3.5E rule set, so i have a Elf Bard character ready that i would like using as my first time. ^^

I see there is numerous of games up looking for players, but i am not sure what the Demo allows me to do or its limits, and which of the current open games looking for players are the most "Newbie Friendly", like small sessions and such to digest how DnD works. I've only seen so many various videos with no experience at all, still digesting information and can be lost at times since so much to read, but trying.

Edit: Sorry forgot to read the LFG rules. I rarely spend times on forums so i always overlook it by accident, i can edit my whole post if required. ^^;

----- My Timezone is: Central European Time (CET) GMT+ 1, from Sweden. -----

kylania
February 1st, 2016, 17:44
Welcome Hifilia!

Can't help you with 3.5 or CET, but welcome all the same. :)

Ellspeth
February 1st, 2016, 17:45
Heya good to see someone else as new as I was just a year or so ago. With the demo license you can join any game with DM's that have an ultimate license, those who have a full license can only host other licensed players. Most DM's looking for players will specify which they have. Good luck finding a game and welcome to the community.

Hifilia
February 1st, 2016, 18:23
Thanks for the welcome, and that's good to know i can join any game that have ultimate license, i hope i find a game though as i check back here from time to time. ^^

ElkieLeenen
February 1st, 2016, 21:01
I don't have an ultimate license or even a group, but I'm in the same time zone as you.
So if there's a GM with an ultimate license around in the same timezone, I'm interested too!