PDA

View Full Version : Teamspeak error

Fencer
February 1st, 2016, 14:19
teamspeak down?

Mask_of_winter
February 1st, 2016, 14:21
Down for me too. Damned must be performing maintenance.

Fencer
February 1st, 2016, 14:21
ok..so its not just me..thanks

damned
February 1st, 2016, 23:38
:( I went to bed about 10mins before this thread (at 0110am) but unfortunately there is a major power issue at the Data Center and the server is still offline.

Fencer
February 2nd, 2016, 15:09
still down 8*(

Griogre
February 2nd, 2016, 20:26
Yeah still down. We used Discord last night. You can get it here if you are looking for something: https://discordapp.com/

Its a free server hosted solution, that seems a bit better than Raidcall.

damned
February 2nd, 2016, 20:37
Server is back up now as of about 2mins ago.

Nylanfs
February 2nd, 2016, 22:00
Hmmm, we need to get some of the NSA employee's playing using FG, then they can make sure the TS server never goes down. :)

Falselight
February 2nd, 2016, 22:01
still down

Wazoodust
February 2nd, 2016, 22:09
I can't connect either

PopinFRESH
February 3rd, 2016, 03:34
Just checked again as well and the domain is still not resolving to a live IP.

PING ts.fg-con.com (199.204.184.179): 56 data bytes
Request timeout for icmp_seq 0
Request timeout for icmp_seq 1
Request timeout for icmp_seq 2
Request timeout for icmp_seq 3
Request timeout for icmp_seq 4
Request timeout for icmp_seq 5
Request timeout for icmp_seq 6
Request timeout for icmp_seq 7
Request timeout for icmp_seq 8
Request timeout for icmp_seq 9
^C

If anyone needs a temporary solution in the meantime feel free to send me a PM and I can create a sub channel for you to use on my TS3 server.

Kind Regards,
-PopinFRESH

damned
February 3rd, 2016, 04:30
Hey guys - sorry - been stuck on jobs on site.
There has been a major issue at the data center. Knocked all their power offline, once power came back online the HVAC couldnt cope. I dont know if HVAC was damaged or the air temp had just risen too high during the power outage or whether its the extra heat that 6500 HP servers generate on startup when they first power on and run at 100% while they self test... details are still thin.

The server was powered on for a period of time but then was shut down by the DC (along with large numbers of other servers) to allow the HVAC to catch up. Its been a pretty big disaster at the DC and their is no ETA as to when this rack will be switched back on again.

Sorry folks.

Fencer
February 3rd, 2016, 12:58
wow..this sure is a pretty long power outage!!!!!

Griogre
February 3rd, 2016, 17:42
Yeah, seems to be a poorly run one if they can't get back on line by now. I still can't connect.

PopinFRESH
February 3rd, 2016, 18:16
Yeah, seems to be a poorly run one if they can't get back on line by now. I still can't connect.

If it is the provider I believe it is, they are a very low-cost & high density provider. I wouldn't say it's poorly run, rather they choose to make certain sacrifices in design to achieve a lower cost. Things like multi-homed tier1 upstreams, and multi-staged N+1 or N+2 redundant power is expensive; also the same goes for redundant cooling systems. As such they don't offer uptime statistics or guarantees.

Kind Regards,
-PopinFRESH

Krimson
February 3rd, 2016, 19:41
I was going to check this out, though it looks like sticking with Hangouts might be the better way to go.

Mask_of_winter
February 4th, 2016, 01:18
To be fair, this was the only significant outage we've had in years/

PopinFRESH
February 4th, 2016, 01:25
To be fair, this was the only significant outage we've had in years/

Hey Mask_of_winter,

by "we" do you mean that you work for the DC, or "we" as in the FG community? Either way, I agree that it's not a big deal especially considering it's something that is being provided to the community as a courtesy from other members of the community.

Kind Regards,
-PopinFRESH

Mask_of_winter
February 4th, 2016, 01:28
Hey Mask_of_winter,

by "we" do you mean that you work for the DC, or "we" as in the FG community? Either way, I agree that it's not a big deal especially considering it's something that is being provided to the community as a courtesy from other members of the community.

Kind Regards,
-PopinFRESH
The community, not DC. I'm a Marvel kinda guy hehe

PopinFRESH
February 4th, 2016, 01:34
The community, not DC. I'm a Marvel kinda guy hehe

Well played sir, I'll grant you advantage on your next saving throw against DC's power outage. Also a Marvel guy myself... looking forward to Deadpool.

Have a good night,
-PopinFRESH

damned
February 4th, 2016, 02:55
The DC had a major fault develop on their power, it caused an outage of something like 6-8 hours. During that time the heat in that part of the DC rose (even though their servers are off the floors above and below are not and there is still a lot of other equipment running). Once the HVAC was brought back on line it had a lot of work to do to bring the temp down to normal levels and with 6500 servers being powered on it could not do that.

It is a major screwup but these things do happen sometimes. They are a low cost DC and for the most part pretty reliable. The issue is still ongoing for a small number of devices. It will be interesting to see if they are able to make changes to prevent this cascading fault from re-occurring as Im sure they have suffered some real reputational damage.

Im sure its the same DC that you are referirng to PoppinFRESH.

damned
February 7th, 2016, 09:11
Sorry folks I didnt update this thread - only the main one - the server has been up for almost 4 days.