PDA

View Full Version : LFG Newbie

Arimoth
February 1st, 2016, 14:09
Hi everyone I'm totally new to FG (just bought it). I've Played D&D in my teens and SWRPG D6 in my 20's and loved both campaigns. That said I'm 45 now and don't remember the mechanics of either so assume I know nothing. I live in West Virginia (EST) and am available any time but Tues. nights and Sun. mornings. Also assume I need to sleep from midnight to 9 am.

All I have is the FG software, a Star Wars Saga Revised Rule Book, and a willingness to learn. As far as games are concerned I would like something in the Star Wars universe but am open to any game system really. I've downloaded the 3 Community Star wars paks and the Dresden files pak from the forum in order to look at char sheets and whatnot.

I've watched the character creation video that FG has but can't do that without a GM. I would like to play during the day, afternoon, or evening regularly. Any groups or GM's willing to adopt me?

Mask_of_winter
February 1st, 2016, 14:18
Welcome to FG! Best advice I can give you is to apply directly to GMs posting campaigns or one-shots. You will find those in the same category you posted your ad. Games fill up rather quickly and GMs don't usually bother to go through player ads to recruit because players respond directly to their ad. Visit daily and you should find something pretty soon, especially if you're open to any system. Many great systems, settings, GMs and players on here.

Good luck to you!