PDA

View Full Version : LFP 5E "Out of the Abyss" + Homebrew Tuesdays @ 5 MST (DM - Vishera)

Skillkoil
January 31st, 2016, 18:29
**The game is currently full. Please feel free to apply on the game calendar as a backup or reply in this thread but as of now we have all 5 players unless someone drops**

People have been asking where and when they can watch our campaign. You can see us every tuesday at GMT -5, 7 EST, 5 MST @ https://twitch.tv/behindthedmscreen

We are moving our Saturday Game to Tuesday and adding Players. Details Below.

FG License: Ultimate license - players need not purchase a license.
Game System: D&D 5th Edition
Time Zone: Mountain (Arizona, USA)
Day of week and time: Tuesdays, Every week unless most of the party can not attend.
Term: We want to create a long term adventuring group that will last longer than just this one Adventure. We want to build a group of friends that create a story and adventure together!
Text or Voice: Game will be with voice, so headphones and microphone are mandatory. The games are live streamed on Twitch.tv so please have a webcam too. No skype required, we have something else for the audio/video.
Roleplay & Combat mix: Roleplay is highly encouraged. There will be quite a bit of combat as well. The more flavor you put on your actions the better! Expect a 50/50 Mix
Number of Players in game & needed: **EDIT** No slot open at this time, We will do 4 but no more than 5 players. Currently have a Human/Monk, Half-Elf/Druid, Tiefling/Warlock & Halfling Rogue(New) Wood Elf/Cleric(New). Female Players are encouraged to join. We believe that diversity makes the gaming experience that much better.
Character starting level & equipment: Starting level 1-2 depending on when you join the current adventure. Standard starting equipment and gear. Stats are rolled 4d6 and drop the lowest. In front of the GM.
Character restrictions: Standard Races and Classes. However, if you have a particularly good idea and bring it to the GM he may allow it.

About our Illustrious GM:
I have been playing D&D since AD&D came out, and I am fairly familiar with 5e rules. I have been using FantasyGrounds for a few years now but really got into it about a year ago. I am pretty flexible on some of the more confusing rules. I live stream my games on Twitch.tv and I now have a YouTube Channel that I upload the games to as well. Be aware that the games in my stream as of right now are HotDQ and there may be spoilers! That being said, I require my players have headphones and a microphone as well as a webcam. Nobody wants to see your picture, they want to see the person! Also try to keep swearing down to a minimum, as it tends to get obnoxious at times. I encourage roleplay and you may wear anything you feel that suits your character. Play a dwarf? Wear a fake beard or tie on a spaghetti mop! This is just a suggestion and not mandatory.

I DO ask that if you have played/read/seen the adventure Out of the Abyss, please bow out and let someone else who hasn't experienced it play. No point in cheating and ruining it for the others.

You can either reply here or add me on Skype "DM_Vishera".

Our first game started this past Saturday and was a great success. Even though we only had 4 player characters Vishera put on a great game. Since we have decided to move to Tuesday nights we have unfortunately lost our Half-Orc Bard - Gorag. He will be missed. However, with this being the case we have room for 2 lucky individuals to join a group that has the goal of sticking together for a long time and creating a real bond. Help us author the story of this grand group of intrepid adventurers! So here is how we are going to handle this. Between now and 2/9/16 we will be holding interviews with those of you who would like to fill our 2 spots. This allows us to get to know you and you to get to know us and see if we are going to be a good fit for each other. I will hold the preliminary interviews with you and then Vishera will speak to you and make the decision. It's ok if you are new to FG, new to Roleplaying or new to the Rule set. We just want people who are excited to play and want to be a part of that special bond that only people who play Tabletop RP games can have.

So if you are interested please reply here or send a private message to Skillkoil. We will schedule a very casual inteview (don't stress over it) and go from there. We look forward to meeting our new party members soon!

Update** We have filled both spots with a Halfling Rogue named : Daxson Swiftboot and a Wood Elf Cleric named Elrina'r

(Remember if you have played Out of the Abyss please allow those who haven't enjoyed it to apply and bow out yourself)

Rickerdoo
January 31st, 2016, 18:48
I might be interested. I am 48, very unfamilar with FG, but not with DnD. What is the name of your youtube channel? But no webcams sorry.

Skillkoil
January 31st, 2016, 18:56
Unfortunately Rickerdoo we need the webcam feature because we are trying to recreate the tabletop feel of playing with your friends as well as the fact that we stream the gameplay. If you can acquire a webcam then we would be more than happy to speak with you more about it. I am sorry.

Rickerdoo
January 31st, 2016, 19:06
Unfortunately Rickerdoo we need the webcam feature because we are trying to recreate the tabletop feel of playing with your friends as well as the fact that we stream the gameplay. If you can acquire a webcam then we would be more than happy to speak with you more about it. I am sorry.

No worries at all. Have fun in your game!! :)

Skillkoil
January 31st, 2016, 19:11
Thank you Rickerdoo and we wish you the best of luck in your adventures! :)

RageArmor
January 31st, 2016, 19:23
Well to give y'all a little more information the team without the bard is.

Nochtrin the Half-Elf Druid
Jojo the Human Monk
Killgrave the Tiefling Warlock

Rogue
January 31st, 2016, 20:17
I'd like a shot at this with my cleric.

Skillkoil
February 1st, 2016, 01:36
If Tuesday nights are ok with you then we'll setup an interview with Vishera. We have filled the spot for our rogue. I will get with you tomorrow. I would have spoken with you earlier but our interview went right into my 5pm game that I have just gotten out of. See you on TS tomorrow.

Skillkoil
February 1st, 2016, 01:43
Current confirmed party is:

Nochtrin the Half-Elf Druid
Jojo the Human Monk
Killgrave the Tiefling Warlock
Daxson the Halfling Rogue (New)
Erendi'r the Wood Elf Cleric (New)

That completes our party for now unless someone drops out.

Bobbums
February 1st, 2016, 01:45
What time zone is MST? I'd be interested depending on how it lines up with my schedule!

Skillkoil
February 1st, 2016, 01:53
GMT -7 I believe is the international Time Zone for MST or Mountain Standard Time. That is 2 hours behind EST 1 Hour Behind CST and 1 Hour ahead of PST. I hope this helps.

Bobbums
February 1st, 2016, 01:57
Yeah I'm EST so you're doing things at about 7pm My time. I'm interested in joining, but with that being within my work-window I may not be able to participate all the time!

Skillkoil
February 1st, 2016, 02:08
Yeah I'm EST so you're doing things at about 7pm My time. I'm interested in joining, but with that being within my work-window I may not be able to participate all the time!

When you say "I may not be able to participate all the time!". How often during a month would you foresee having to miss part or all of a game lasting from 7pm to 11pm your time?

Bobbums
February 1st, 2016, 02:10
It really just depends when I have to work Wednesdays. Unfortunately I can't afford to miss work or try to schedule work around it D:

Skillkoil
February 1st, 2016, 02:12
It really just depends when I have to work Wednesdays. Unfortunately I can't afford to miss work or try to schedule work around it D:

We definitely understand that work is a priority. Send me a private message with a good way to contact you and I will get back to you as soon as I speak with the DM and other players. I'm glad you are a fellow Critical Role fan. :)

Skillkoil
February 1st, 2016, 16:58
Looking for a Cleric or maybe Paladin. That will finish our Merry Band!

RageArmor
February 1st, 2016, 18:19
Well to be specific, we don't really need a Cleric or Paladin sense i am running the Druid and only taking healing/buff spells, but having one or the other would help greatly because during battle after lvl 4 i will probably more often than not be in my wild form.

edit: Been informed that the gm specifically wants a cleric.

Dekorume
February 1st, 2016, 20:43
Posting this on the Calendar might generate more interest.

As always,

Dek

Skillkoil
February 1st, 2016, 21:15
Posting this on the Calendar might generate more interest.

As always,

Dek

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1825 Remember the DM of this game is Vishera not me. I am only conducting preliminary interviews.

Dekorume
February 1st, 2016, 21:27
Thank you for the prompt response.

As always,

Dek

Skillkoil
February 1st, 2016, 21:28
Anytime and thanks for the suggestion!

i3ullseye
February 1st, 2016, 21:36
PM Sent.

Skillkoil
February 2nd, 2016, 07:20
Thank you all for applying and interviewing. We had quite a lot of interest. For those of you that wish to watch the game live you can find it on https://twitch.tv/behindthedmscreen Every Tuesday at 4 PST / 7 EST. We will be starting the main campaign back up on 2/9/16 and have a 1 shot schedule for tomorrow for everyone to get used to the flow and things. I hope you will come support us and D&D!