PDA

View Full Version : Cannot select a player charactor

Octavious
January 31st, 2016, 02:07
hello ,

This problem just occurred after hosting my first game. Previous to this I could load up FG stand alone go to PC tab select a PC and it would appear on my upper LH game screen showing that I had selected a character. Now I cannot select a character at all . clicking one brings up the character sheet only and does not let me select it as my player to use. I can however connect a second instance to the first using "Join Game" and local host.. I can select a PC for game use using that instance but not the first one.. This is really odd I used to be able to select a PC before I hosted a game but not now .. Any help would be appreciated.

damned
January 31st, 2016, 03:01
Hi Octavious - the GM cannot select the PC and have it appear in the top left hand... only player instances can cause this to happen.
The GM can manage/use/act-for the PCs etc but cannot Own them...

Octavious
January 31st, 2016, 05:19
thank you for the reply . I think I had a stupid attack.. after I posted it I realized what you just informed me of .. sigh . its been a long day ..

damned
January 31st, 2016, 05:29
Nah - there is a lot to learn with Fantasy Grounds. I make mistakes all the time....