PDA

View Full Version : LFP: Need 1-2 players for AD&D 5E, every other Sunday at 1PM MST

UpgraDead
January 30th, 2016, 19:15
FG License: DM has ultimate license with PHB, DMG and MM
Game System: AD&D 5th Edition

Time Zone: MST = Mountain Standard Time
Day of week and time: Sunday starting at 1PM MST
If new game, planned start date: Next Session = 2/6/2016
Planned Frequency: Every other Sunday
Term: Long term

Text or Voice: Voice required
Voice software used: Teamspeak (private server)

Roleplay & Combat mix: Averages 40/60. Depends on the session, though.
Number of Players in game & needed: Currently have 4 players. Need 2 more.
Character starting level & equipment: Coming in at 5th level with starting gold (based on class) + 200gp
Character restrictions: Character creation open to anything in the 5E Player's Handbook. Only potions and scrolls may be bought outside of that.

Details of your scenario:

We are looking to add 1-2 players to our long-running gaming group. Three of us have been gaming together for over a year, and the rest of our group joined up about 5 months ago. We play every other Sunday from 1PM MST in the Forgotten Realms campaign setting. We began this campaign a couple of months ago, but the adventure is designed to take us through level 15, so you are coming in at a good time (you're not too squishy, anymore)!

I have been roleplaying off-and-on since 1994. I have played every edition of Dungeons & Dragons except first, and I have DM'ed for a total of seven years. In addition, I have also enjoyed Shadowrun, White Wolf, GURPS, and Star Wars. There are many experienced players in the group, but don't feel intimidated; we have had new and veteran players in the past.

Feel free to inquire here on the forum, so that the other players in the group can get to know you. Private emails will also be accepted. Tell us about your experience roleplaying and what you are looking for from a group/game. Also, tell me about your favorite gaming moment and anything else you want us to know about you. We have to get to know you somehow!

BarBEARian
January 30th, 2016, 21:11
sent a PM

Justicesar
January 30th, 2016, 22:29
PM sent.

T0mb0l0
January 31st, 2016, 15:30
PM sent.

UpgraDead
February 5th, 2016, 19:32
One position is still open. We are playing a long-term game, and we will interview until we find people who fit well with our group. Please drop me a message or post your reply here.

Rickerdoo
February 5th, 2016, 21:24
PM sent

Hey Guys, I am looking for a game to join. I am fairly new to FG but not to gaming. I have been gaming for 30 years, started with AD&D. I have played RuneQuest, Shadowrun, Middle Earth Roleplaying, as well as others. It seems it is hard to get all my friends together on a regular day face to face. It would be great to find a good bunch of guys to game with here on FG. My favorite gaming moment? My friends and I were adventuring in Sanctuary, using Rune Quest 3rd rules, back in my college days. Not sure if you are familiar with Thieves World setting. But there was a bad as named Tempus who was pretty near immortal. Our DM had a huge Damage resistance up on him all the time. He had been sent to keep a mob under control. Well my buddy and I were standing there, and I picked up a rock. Well after 2 critical roles I knocked him off his horse and did a nice wound to him. :) Well the guards grabbed him and ran. When he was gone the crowd starting asking my name. Well I was playing a character named Zamfiir ( yes he played the pan flute ). I shouted "My name is Rodan Snagbar, master of disguises!!" My buddy was in shock. Because of course his characters name was Rodan Snagbar. :) Best Game Ever!!

Odin
February 6th, 2016, 00:38
Hello UpgraDead,

I'm new to FG (have yet to use it other than playing with the free copy and messing with controls), but i'm a long time D&D/RP player/DM. I started out my addiction playing AD&D back in the mid 90's. I have also played 3.5, 5th, WW, Cyberpunk, Star wars to name a few. I really enjoy the gaming experience, and the chance to meet new people and characters.

I'm looking for a good group to join for a long term adventure, and i hope to have a chance to pick pocket the grou.... i mean, blow the group up with a fireba.. i mean, meet you, thats the one... meet you :).

Bujinn
February 8th, 2016, 22:23
Hey there! If your table isn't already full, I'd be really interested in participating. I'm a long-time tabletop gamer (mostly warhammer fantasy battles) and played the hell out of the infinity engine DnD crpgs back in the day, but never managed to get into a long-running pen and paper campaign (something I am looking to remedy now). My top pnp gaming moment to date has to be when I was attempting to intimidate some thugs in a pub as a halfling rogue. I recited a forgotten realms take on Bullet-Tooth Tony's speech from the movie Snatch, being sure to sound as badass as a halfling possibly could, only to roll a natural 1 on the skill check. Hilarity ensued. A close second would be every time I managed to start and end a fight with a well-placed sneak attack. Some things just never get old.

My ideal group would be one that takes advantage of DnD's freedom to solve problems and cause shenanigans in a creative manner, one where the inter-character banter really flows, and one that doesn't mind a *touch* of setting-appropriate profanity (my last PC was partially inspired by Al Swearengen from Deadwood). I am fun to hang out with, not afraid to make an *** out of myself if it means good role-playing, and am totally willing to follow suit whether your tabletop atmosphere is super serious business or an absolute clown factory. I'm not a power gamer or rules lawyer by any means, but I would want rules to be reasonably consistent. As a bonus, the every other Sunday bit works perfectly for me.

Was hoping to play some sort of rogue/warlock mix, something a little bit Constantine-inspired, but I'm easy. If you still need one more, fire a pm my way.