PDA

View Full Version : Dragonborn subraces

Shades228
January 30th, 2016, 09:29
Is there a way to have the Dragonborn subrace abilities automatically added to the character sheet with the core module? I could drag the dragonborn over but I didn't see a way to choose what subrace.

Zacchaeus
January 30th, 2016, 10:33
There aren't any subraces for Dragonborn. I suspect you might mean the Draconic Ancestry?

In which case there isn't an automatic selection process for that - you just need to choose one manually and update any relevant portions of your character sheet.

GBE300
February 1st, 2016, 22:55
Zacchaeus could this be done easy enough to add them in? With each you have an Ancestry which is linked to a specific set of abilities and resists? It would be easier for people to pick and drag then having to do a manual input, but it is a minor issue.

Zacchaeus
February 1st, 2016, 22:57
I don't know 'cause I'm not a programmer but I suspect it wouldn't be all that easy. But you could always head over here (https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/) and make a request.

GBE300
February 2nd, 2016, 05:16
I had issues with the add idea form not submitting, but I sent it through to Moon Wizard and the accompanying text for him to look at. Cheers Zacchaeus, I did not know that existed!

Shades228
February 2nd, 2016, 06:26
It would be nice as it would be able to add the breath under actions and it would be nice to have the DR in defense without having to attempt to create it.

Some of these things may already exist but with my client issues currently happening with PHB it may not be working correctly.

Zacchaeus
February 2nd, 2016, 09:16
No, none of those things are currently automatically added.

There's just too many variables and the character sheet isn't really designed as a character builder.

Shades228
February 3rd, 2016, 06:45
I added the damage resist with an effect. I just have to hope that I remember to click on it every time we enter the combat tracker. Having never run a game yet I'm not sure how much of an inconvenience that will be. The breath weapon was able to be dragged over from the phb and the damage type updated. Just seems that it would be able to be done as traits can be added for other races automatically even if you had to change their damage type.

Zacchaeus
February 3rd, 2016, 09:33
You can put the damage resistance on the character permanently. Once he/she is on the combat tracker the character should stay on the combat tracker forever; no need to remember to reapply the effect.