PDA

View Full Version : Effect for increasing damage from a spell (In regards of PFRPG)

Togainu
January 28th, 2016, 08:47
I am trying to make an effect that increases damage from spells. But it seems that the DMG effect is only applied to weapons.

The reason I am looking for an effect that increases the DMG of a spell is the Kineticist class and their Elemental Overflow class feature together with the Metakinesis class feature.

These blast can just like spells be empowered/maximized. Which is why I set them up to be inside the spell part of the action tab. However then I can't seem to find a way to implement Elemental Overflow to adjust the spells damage. I was wondering if this currently is possible or if I have to quick adjust the numbers each time on the spell.

Trenloe
January 28th, 2016, 18:05
As you've found, DMG effects do not apply to spell damage actions.

You could add more damage actions to the spell/ability in question, manually edit the damage entry as required, or move the entry to a weapon which will allow DMG effects to work (but might not cover all the options you need for the spell/ability).

Personally, I'd add a few additional commonly used damage actions to the spell/ability.

Moon Wizard
January 28th, 2016, 19:48
There's also a DMGS effect which should only apply to spell damage.

Regards,
JPG

Togainu
January 28th, 2016, 20:03
Thank you both for the replies.

Glad to see there is also one for spell effects. Didn't know that one existed seeing it is missing on the effects page for 3.5/pathfinder. Thanks for the info there Moon :)

dantedoom
March 6th, 2016, 04:32
There's also a DMGS effect which should only apply to spell damage.

Regards,
JPG

Thanks!! This one isn't in the Wiki!! Helped a lot with a Medium character!