PDA

View Full Version : Where do I get the actual 4e modules for powers and such?

CthulhuHalo
January 28th, 2016, 02:18
I'm currently setting up a 4E campaign, and I need to find all the modules that have powers, items, races, classes, etc, I need to find all of this stuff, but I have no idea where it is. I saw there's some kind of "4e parser" or whatever, and tried that, but I needed to make an account for DDI and subscribe. Which wouldn't be a problem if the freakin subscribe page actually EXISTED. Which it does not for whatever illogical reason WotC thought of. So my question is this: What in the heck am I supposed to do? This is my first time being a GM, and I'm lost. I don't even fully understand how FG works, or how to create homebrew races and classes (aside from personally creating the powers themselves into the actual charsheets, but that's not gonna work too well), but that's another matter entirely for another post.

Thanks for any help, and if I posted this in the wrong place, sorry.
~~Halo

Trenloe
January 28th, 2016, 03:10
Without the DDI subscription and the 4E parser you are left with having to manually enter the powers, races, classes, etc. into the PC sheets manually.

Some of the example characters in the repository might help you get started: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?16460-4E-Character-Repository

damned
January 28th, 2016, 05:00
CthulhuHalo without the module data you *might* want to try using 5e or 3.5e instead.... I know you want to play 4e but your learning curve will be easier using a ruleset that has some content available.
Otherwise add the content in as Trenloe suggests but only add content in that you need and when you need it. Dont spend your life copying in stuff that you will never use.