PDA

View Full Version : Gnome Cunning

crb31
January 27th, 2016, 20:28
Is there already language for this effect on FG somewhere?
thanks in advance
Cal

Zacchaeus
January 27th, 2016, 21:00
There isn't currently a way to automate this since Fantasy Grounds can't know that there is an incoming magical attack. (It only recognises melee and ranged as attacks per se)

You could create an effect ADVSAV: intelligence, wisdom, charisma with a target of self and Expend? on next action and place it on the character just before they make a save. But it's just easier to click the ADV button I think.

crb31
January 27th, 2016, 22:34
thank you- that is what I needed to know.

bnickelsen
November 14th, 2016, 03:52
There isn't currently a way to automate this since Fantasy Grounds can't know that there is an incoming magical attack. (It only recognises melee and ranged as attacks per se)

You could create an effect ADVSAV: intelligence, wisdom, charisma with a target of self and Expend? on next action and place it on the character just before they make a save. But it's just easier to click the ADV button I think.

Any chance that Magic attacks are recognized yet?

Moon Wizard
November 14th, 2016, 06:54
No, this has not been implemented. It is fairly complex, so we haven't had a chance to implement. Too many other irons in the fire currently.

Regards,
JPG

mdrichey
April 11th, 2019, 19:31
Apologies for the thread necromancy (this is the first Google hit for "fantasy grounds" "gnome cunning"). It looks like there is currently a Gnome Cunning effect built into the ruleset. Can this be added to the 5e Effects page (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/5E_Effects) on the wiki?

mdrichey
April 11th, 2019, 19:35
Apologies for the thread necromancy (this is the first Google hit for "fantasy grounds" "gnome cunning"). It looks like there is currently a Gnome Cunning effect built into the ruleset. Can this be added to the 5e Effects page (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/5E_Effects) on the wiki?

Furthermore, it appears that gnome PCs get advantage on int, wis, and cha saves vs. magic even without the effect in place.

Zacchaeus
April 11th, 2019, 19:54

Furthermore, it appears that gnome PCs get advantage on int, wis, and cha saves vs. magic even without the effect in place.

Indeed Gnome Cunning is now built into Fantasy Grounds and when you select the race you will automatically get the Gnome Cunning feature which acts just as it says in the race description. It isn't an effect as such; in that it isn't something which you can build as an effect. It is something which works in the background. Therefore it isn't in the effects section of the Wiki.

mdrichey
April 11th, 2019, 20:00
Indeed Gnome Cunning is now built into Fantasy Grounds and when you select the race you will automatically get the Gnome Cunning feature which acts just as it says in the race description. It isn't an effect as such; in that it isn't something which you can build as an effect. It is something which works in the background. Therefore it isn't in the effects section of the Wiki.

It appears to be built as an effect as well. If you just enter the words "Gnome Cunning" as a new effect in the CT, it works, regardless of creature. I tested it on both a non-gnome PC and an NPC.

mdrichey
April 30th, 2019, 19:32
It appears to be built as an effect as well. If you just enter the words "Gnome Cunning" as a new effect in the CT, it works, regardless of creature. I tested it on both a non-gnome PC and an NPC.

Hi, just checking back in on this. Since Gnome Cunning is an actual effect that can be added to any PC or NPC in the combat tracker, can it be added to the wiki?

Zacchaeus
April 30th, 2019, 20:50
Hi, just checking back in on this. Since Gnome Cunning is an actual effect that can be added to any PC or NPC in the combat tracker, can it be added to the wiki?

Added

mdrichey
April 30th, 2019, 21:05
Added

Thank you. I see you added it under the NPC automation section -- should it not be added under modifiers as well? Similar to magic resistance.

Zacchaeus
April 30th, 2019, 22:14
Magic Resistance shouldn't really be where it is I think since it isn't technically a modifier but a trait. But it was added a while back before the NPC section was added.

Moon Wizard
May 1st, 2019, 00:11
Zacc,

Feel free to reorganize.

JPG