PDA

View Full Version : Can't make a 4e campaign

CthulhuHalo
January 27th, 2016, 04:07
Okay, so... This is my first time making a campaign, so I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or what, or if there's some kind of bug, but I seem completely unable to make a 4e campaign. It says I need CoreRPG, but I -HAVE- CoreRPG. I don't understand. Some help would be very much appreciated, thanks. I'm wanting to start my first campaign but if I can't fix this then I have no idea what to do... While I'm here, I know this is probably the wrong place to ask this, but I may as well ask this too: How do I make my own homebrew stuff for 4e? Cause I have no idea.

Moon Wizard
January 27th, 2016, 06:16
It sounds like your installation might not have completed correctly, since CoreRPG comes with the standard installation. The easiest way is to probably uninstall and reinstall FG using the installer from the Downloads section of the web site.

You should be able to create a campaign by simply selecting the Create New Campaign button in the launch screen, enter a campaign name, select 4E for the ruleset, and clicking the Start button.

For entering homebrew stuff for 4E, just type in the information you need on the PC sheets for powers, or build the items/NPCs in the campaign item/NPC lists for those record types.

Regards,
JPG

CthulhuHalo
January 27th, 2016, 18:07
It sounds like your installation might not have completed correctly, since CoreRPG comes with the standard installation. The easiest way is to probably uninstall and reinstall FG using the installer from the Downloads section of the web site.

You should be able to create a campaign by simply selecting the Create New Campaign button in the launch screen, enter a campaign name, select 4E for the ruleset, and clicking the Start button.

For entering homebrew stuff for 4E, just type in the information you need on the PC sheets for powers, or build the items/NPCs in the campaign item/NPC lists for those record types.

Regards,
JPG

Uhm, if I reinstalled using the installer from the site, would that even work? I have a steam copy of the game, so I don't know if it'd work or not...

Nylanfs
January 27th, 2016, 20:29
It's the same program the Steam install is just a wrapper that integrates it with the Steam prog.

CthulhuHalo
January 28th, 2016, 01:21
It seems I fixed it by verifying my game cache (verifying the integrity of the game files). Thanks though you two. And thanks for telling me how to make homebrew stuff :D