PDA

View Full Version : Kudos to the development team

Cantstanzya
March 9th, 2005, 20:41
I just found out last week that our DM will be moving to Alabama (from Florida) and we will no longer be able to play D&D. My plans were to develop an app myself but decided to look to see what was available. After looking at several different programs, I must admit that the dice rolling that FG offers is leaps and bounds above the competition and far better than anything I could do myself. In my opinion the dice rolls in pen and paper is what makes gaming so fun. Pushing a button that the other programs offer is dull and I believe would take away from the game.
I have download the demo and played around with it last night. I then got on the messageboards and stayed up until 5:00am reading every entry. I was impressed with how the developers were active in the messageboards and listened to the customers opinion.
Anyone that complains about the cost of the software needs to put it in perspective. If you make $30K per year (the average income in 2002 was 36K) a $20.00 purchase is .0006% of your salary. If there is a team of 5 developers, they would have to sell 7500 copies of the software a year to make the same 30K per year that you make. In other words they only ask for .0006% of your income (on average) so that they can make a living, and what you get in return is endless hours of gaming.
I plan on buying the software but I want to show it to my group first and see what they think. I have some concerns that I will voice in some other topics but wanted to give the development team a thumbs up and encourage them to keep up the good work.

onky
March 17th, 2005, 07:44
I made my purchase of the full license yesterday after playing with the demo for quite some time.... I only could test it with a localhost client connected but it works great...! Thanks for this great tool!:)