PDA

View Full Version : Looking For 1 Player 5E Thursday Evening EST

geewaagh
January 26th, 2016, 15:25
CLOSED Thanks everyone but our slots are full. I will PM you if there is a drop out.

FG License: Standard
Game System: D&D 5E
Time Zone: EST
Day of week and time: Thursday 7:30PM-11:00PM
Planned Frequency: Weekly
Term: Longterm ongoing campaign looking for a fill in

Text or Voice: Voice
Voice software used: Skype

Roleplay & Combat mix: 50/50
Number of Players in game & needed: 4 existing players, 1 new player and looking for 1 more
Character starting level & equipment:New Characters start at 2nd level

We are an existing group looking to expand our members. We are a gaming group of five but unfortunately two members are forced, due to work, to drop out, temporarily. One will be available every other week and the other will be out for the next few months.

The game is a homebrewed campaign involving the fracturing alliances between elvish and dwarvish kingdoms. Players suspect the region is heading towards all-out war. This is a mature game with some dark themes. Player alignment is expected to be good or neutral (leaning towards good). We are both heavy on roleplaying and heavy on combat and heavy on fun.

For story sake, the new characters will come from a small town and the heroes (current players who have established a name for themselves) are looking for recruits. That means that starting, new players will start are level 2. The heroes are currently 4th level BUT due the XP scale the new recruits should level quickly and will catch up to main group while they are still at level 5.

The current players include a wayfinder (rogue specializing in outdoor and archery) and an elemental monk. Semi-regular player is a life cleric (and will be in party as NPC alternating weeks). The player that needs to drop out for a few months is a halfling wild magic sorcerer. I am open to any class but would prefer a balanced party and not have duplicate roles.

There are a few house rules we use to make it a little grittier, but nothing earth shattering. Only thing to really get use too is short rest = one day and long rest = one week. This is more story than mechanics, as the “adventuring day” is the same. We still do roughly 6-8 encounters before long rest. The increase time helps stories and gives reason for downtime. (good for RP)

I would encourage anyone interested to look through the adventure logs and wiki at obsidian portal and read the story thus far.
https://war-of-grudges-5e.obsidianportal.com/wikis/main-page

If you are serious gamer and want to join a fun campaign that meets on a weekly basis and don't mind the company of some old school gamers then this may be the group for you.

lordart12
January 26th, 2016, 17:30
I would love to join you in this adventure. I am new to D&D 5th Ed. so if this doesn't bother you I would love to join. I have experience playing other roleplaying systems, but have never been able to find a game for D&D 5th Ed. I would be able to be at ever session. I have read the story and it seems like it is exactly what I am looking to join. I am looking for a long term roleplaying commitment not a short game, so I am in it for the long run.

IrishBouzouki
January 26th, 2016, 18:41
I'd be interested in this. I would like to get in an ongoing homebrew game that fits my schedule. Maybe I could do the wizardry for your party until your sorceror comes back from being ensorcelled by his work?

edit - Oh, and I actually have a 2nd level High Elf Wizard that started in a FG Daze game and leveled up to 2nd level at the end. If you want to check him out let me know. Would be cool to have a chance to continue him.

Squeekit
January 26th, 2016, 19:05
Would also like to throw my hat into the pot.

Thanks

Dorthan
January 26th, 2016, 19:23
Greetings, programs!

I have been recruited by the Silver Dragon to defend the High Mountains from The Corruptor and the Demon Hordes.

Ok, enough bad 80's homages.

I'm new to 5E, but I am an old school gamer. I started in 6th grade with Basic D&D, moved on to 1st edition in middle school and high school. My first online/PbP game was as a 2nd edition Bard using Prodigy, if any of you are old enough to remember the online days before the internet (my dad got a second phone line just for the modem.) Anyway, I've played many (MANY) game systems, but I always find my way back to D&D. I played a bunch of 3/3.5, but I've never played 4th edition. I host a weekly Pathfinder game at my home on Sundays.

I have the full FG license with some of the 5E content so I can make just about any character, including the Forgotten Realms stuff.

I'd love to play a Bard or Wizard if you'd have me. I majored in viola performance in college so I'd like to think I bring a little something special to the table as a musician, and my favorite branch of philosophy is epistemology, so I think that would be fun for the Wizard side.