PDA

View Full Version : [LFG] 1 Player - Week(end) night game from 7pm CT - 5E

bgrimm42
January 26th, 2016, 01:13
FG License: Ultimate License
Time Zone: Central Time
Day(s) of week, frequency, and time: Opened to: weekly game, bi-weekly, or monthly.
Term: Any
Voice: Fine for voice & video

Game System Preferred: D&D 5E
Game System Experience: Avid player and DM in my youth but took a break before I hit my 20s. Returned about 3 years ago, have been playing mostly 4E & 5E as both a player and DM (mostly DM)
Fantasy Grounds Experience: Average to power user.

Character Type Preferred: I like to play characters that have a story rather than what is the best on paper. That said, I'm not beyond playing characters that fit best in a group and coming up with the story later.

About me:

Going straight to the brass tax, I am a husband and father. My weekdays are consumed with work and my weekends days are spent with my family as much as possible. The evenings are another story, typically my wife and I take a couple of nights off a week to do our own thing and I just so happen would love to spend that time staving off Orcs in the company of like minded people.

Now I do get some fulfillment in this already as I DM for a bi-weekly, in-person, group. However, I would really like being a player and I do not see that happening with my currently group. The good thing about me as a player as I would be more than happy to rotate in as DM, if you as the DM would be interested. I understand the desire to be a player occasionally, plus I have the ultimate license so players can rejoice and join freely. :)

Despite my desire to escape into fantasy worlds, I'd like to consider myself mature. Mature, in that I keep expectations that have been set and communicate if there is an emergency and I could not attend. I'd also like to think that I'm respectful of others and care that all are having a good time. The latter is why I probably have been roped into being a DM as much as I have.

The only real caveat that I have is that I manage a team of crisis managers. The team is global - so I'm technically on-call 24/7. While it doesn't happen often, knock on wood, there may be a time I'm called by my job. Typically the interruptions are brief, like I need to assist one my directs complete a sanity check. Now there are really extremely events that I might have to be pulled away on. On average this is once a month. I could probably still continue to play, trust me on this, though at times I might be more of an NPC than a PC until the storm has past. Again this would be a rare thing, if ever, however I thought it best I give full disclosure.

Please PM if you're interested!

Thank you,

Ben

damned
January 26th, 2016, 02:42
Welcome bgrimm42 - i think youve covered most stuff in your intro.
I do suggest that you actively apply to GMs that are posting games as 5e games in particular do tend to fill up within hours of being posted.
There are games being posted quite regularly so stay active on the forums and introduce yourself on threads that look appropriate :)

xbrizzax
January 26th, 2016, 19:47
You sound a lot like me and my situation of balancing family, work and fun. Maybe there are a few more like us that can get a game going if we can't find an opening in others?

damned
January 26th, 2016, 21:34
Hey xbrizzax a willingness to share the GM load around is always a good thing. There have been a couple of recent groups that formed from players who didnt otherwise find a GM and one or more of the players has put their hand up. GMing can be just as much fun as playing - but it does come with some extra prep work.