PDA

View Full Version : LF 2 Players - Shadow of the Demon Lord, Thursdays 1-5pm CST

willquestion
January 25th, 2016, 22:30
FG License: Full (players need at least Lite)
Game System: Shadow of the Demon Lord

Time Zone: Central Time USA
Day of week and time: Thursdays 1-5pm CST
Start Date: January 28th
Planned Frequency: Weekly
Term: Only 11 sessions.

Text or Voice: Voice ONLY, except whispers to GM
Voice software used: Teamspeak (server info: here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?17071-Voicechat!-Community-TeamSpeak3-Server))

Roleplay & Combat mix: 75/25
Number of Players in game & needed: Have 3 players, need 2 more
Character starting level & equipment: 0 level, use corebook character creation rules except you can choose from the tables instead of rolling if you wish (exception for wealth)
Character restrictions: All ancestries in the Core and in the Demon Lord's Companion. All published paths are accepted.

Details of your scenario: I'm running a group of 4-5 players through a campaign that consists of 11 interconnecting adventures. Each adventure is much like a one-shot that lasts 3-4 hours. The group levels after each session/adventure so you will experience the full level range of the system and end with your character being at the peak of his/her's power. It is an adult oriented dark horror fantasy. (Pass on applying if you have problems with disturbing imagery and/or adult language.) Normally I like to give a small synopsis but with this I want what happens to be a surprise as it occurs.

Voice chat is required and we'll be using Team Speak. You don't need to own the core rulebook since I modded almost the entire book into the Fantasy Grounds. The rules are very simple which makes it easy for those new to the game and also wonderful with keeping it story driven.

Link to Gamecalendar page: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1814

sctorchwoodfan
January 25th, 2016, 23:33
This system looks quite interesting from various reviews. Are you open to someone who does not have the pdf, ....can we generate a character online on fantasy grounds? If so, I am open to joining this afternoon game.

willquestion
January 25th, 2016, 23:37
This system looks quite interesting from various reviews. Are you open to someone who does not have the pdf, ....can we generate a character online on fantasy grounds? If so, I am open to joining this afternoon game.

You don't need to own the PDF. I actually have a mod for everyone to use that has almost the entire core rulebook (ancestries, paths, equipment, spells, rules, etc). I'll be using CoreRPG and you can create the character inside FG when connected to me. I'm fine with leaving my PC online for players to connect to make their characters because the designer made it clear that I can't share mods based on his work without first confirming the person receiving the mod owns the product.

sctorchwoodfan
January 26th, 2016, 00:03
what time would you be available for people to generate a potential character?

willquestion
January 26th, 2016, 00:56
what time would you be available for people to generate a potential character?

I can leave my computer on for players to connect between 8am to 10pm. I can be online to help between 12-6pm, but let me know approximately when you want toso I can plan for it.

Skellan
January 26th, 2016, 01:26
I'd love to give this a shot

damned
January 26th, 2016, 02:39
Just curious - are you also using the MoreCore extension?

willquestion
January 26th, 2016, 05:25
Just curious - are you also using the MoreCore extension?

I haven't decided yet. Right now I'm making the adventure mods without MoreCore so it will be more compatible for other GMs whom I may give it to if they can show they purchased the adventure PDF.

Mask_of_winter
January 26th, 2016, 05:49
You'll need MoreCore for attack and damage strings. It won't affect any module you make.

Skillkoil
January 26th, 2016, 08:01
I have signed up on the calendar and I would love to play. If i'm accepted would you please PM me the host address so I can create my character. I look forward to hearing from you!

-Dallas

Jason_Sunday
December 28th, 2018, 19:09
I love Shadow of the Demon Lord. I have all the books but a mod for Fantasy Grounds would be awesome! Where can one find such a mod?

superteddy57
December 28th, 2018, 23:19
I've made an extension to help track things with MoreCore Ruleset. I haven't tested it with the latest build, but can fix and work out anything you see missing or wish to add. You can download it here:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=25360&d=1542953865

Let me know if you have any questions.

Jason_Sunday
December 28th, 2018, 23:44
I've made an extension to help track things with MoreCore Ruleset. I haven't tested it with the latest build, but can fix and work out anything you see missing or wish to add. You can download it here:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=25360&d=1542953865

Let me know if you have any questions.

I already have the MoreCore extension but thank you any way superteddy57. I am hoping that I can get the core book already created.

damned
December 29th, 2018, 01:00
I already have the MoreCore extension but thank you any way superteddy57. I am hoping that I can get the core book already created.

sharing of things like that is copyright infringement and not permitted
there is a likelihood that we will see a full ruleset in the second half of next year...

Artaron
December 30th, 2018, 14:12
Sounds really good. Sent you a PM

Jason_Sunday
December 30th, 2018, 18:55
sharing of things like that is copyright infringement and not permitted
there is a likelihood that we will see a full ruleset in the second half of next year...

Fair enough. Has that been officially announced?

damned
December 30th, 2018, 22:11
Fair enough. Has that been officially announced?

No it has not. The dev or SmiteWorks will typically announce when they are closer to ready.