PDA

View Full Version : Prepped Campaign for One-Shots

bigbluepaw
January 25th, 2016, 22:14
Hey folks. I have a complex question for you.

I have been developing a one-shot module that I intend to run several times. After spending two hours creating characters in the first run, I've decided to have some stock pre-made characters that players can use. Now, I exported the campaign as a module. I created a new campaign and opened that module to access all of its resources.

So, given all that, here are my questions.

> Can you include PCs when you export a campaign as a module? If so, this would directly address the need.

> However, if not, I was thinking I could do the following. Create the new campaign. Open the module. Create the PCs. Then copy the entire campaign as many times as I run the one-shot.

Any guidance would be welcome.

damned
January 25th, 2016, 22:50
Two ways - copy the whole folder in Windows Explorer and give it a new name - that will have all the PCs in there - or export them as XML and import them to the new campaign that you set up. Ive used both ways successfully.

Trenloe
January 25th, 2016, 23:03
As damned says - either copy the campaign or export/import the PCs. If you use the /exportchar chat command without a PC name it will export all of the PCs into one XML file, then you just need to import that one file. See the "Misc" section here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Chat_Commands

Mask_of_winter
January 26th, 2016, 00:08
It depends which ruleset you're using. With Savage Worlds you can export characters into a modules or as part of modules, with the other rulesets you have to go with what grandmasters Trenloe and Damned said.

damned
January 26th, 2016, 02:46
If you use the /exportchar chat command without a PC name it will export all of the PCs into one XML file, then you just need to import that one file.[/url]

Ooooeeer - thats handy!

Zacchaeus
January 26th, 2016, 11:07
Ooooeeer - thats handy!

Indeed, where would we be without Trenloe, eh damned?