PDA

View Full Version : 3.1.5 Ultimate, Everything Stays Public

Darkreaper
January 25th, 2016, 18:08
Using an Ultimate license with players using a free version, all of my maps, NPCs, and Story entries are listed as Public. I tried to uncheck the P icon and /flushdb. Unchecking the P icon works initially but when I restart the game everything that has been checked off is undone and everything is public again. I have to get into the game early and uncheck all of the public icons everytime I start up Fantasy Grounds. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Trenloe
January 25th, 2016, 18:30
Are these entries created by you in the campaign or are they entries from a module? If from a module, make sure you "block" that module in the library Module Activation screen. Each of the players will then need to clear their cache - click the nuclear button in the top right of the "Join Game" screen.

If they are entries created by you in the campaign, then is sounds like the campaign data isn't saving. Try running FG as administrator (right-click on the startup icon and select "Run as Administrator").

Darkreaper
January 25th, 2016, 21:08
The entries are all created by me. I checked entries from a module I purchased and they seem to be working fine. I ran FG as an administrator manually changed all the settings and /saved the campaign. Then I logged off and back on again running as an administrator and all of my maps. npcs. and story entries were public again.

Thanks for your help though, its always appreciated.

Trenloe
January 25th, 2016, 21:13
This may be related to sharing cascading links, and you may need to make all of the links private again. This thread may help: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?27851-Issue-Unable-to-Unshare-images-and-formatted-text-links

Darkreaper
January 25th, 2016, 21:40
Thanks I will follow that advice. Clearly I am a rookie here so one more stupid question. I never exported any of my own entries into the library. Does this make a difference as it's related to my problem? In other words must a campaign be exported as a module in order to maintain the privacy rights of the entries?

Trenloe
January 25th, 2016, 21:57
I never exported any of my own entries into the library. Does this make a difference as it's related to my problem? In other words must a campaign be exported as a module in order to maintain the privacy rights of the entries?
Exporting into a module won't make a difference to this problem.

Keep asking questions! :)

Moon Wizard
January 25th, 2016, 21:58
I can take a look at your campaign if you want. Just send the zip file of the entire campaign directory to [email protected]

From recent updates before v3.1.5, there should no longer be forced sharing of modules, nor cascade sharing issues.

If you do allow a module to players, they will be able to look at every record if they open it. You can always specifically block to remove.

Also, any links dropped on chat window will be shared.

However, /flushdb should clear all sharing, but does not remove ownership (i.e. PCs and notes).

Getting a look at your campaign will show which modules and extensions are loaded, as well as state of database.

Another workaround is to export PCs and import into new campaign to reset everything else.

Apologies for the rambling. Answering from my phone.

Regards,
JPG

Moon Wizard
January 25th, 2016, 23:58
Somehow the entire campaign database got shared as public, which means that any unsharing would only be temporary. I can't reproduce how this happened, but I'd like to know if anyone figures out how it was done.

In the mean time, I provided a fixed campaign file to the OP.

Also, I found an issue with /flushdb where it had not been updated to work for the latest ruleset changes. It will be fixed in v3.1.6.

Regards,
JPG

Nick
May 11th, 2016, 21:49
I have the same problem here. everytime i start my campaign, everything is public. I only know i haved share a link before. Please help me!

Trenloe
May 11th, 2016, 22:00
I have the same problem here. everytime i start my campaign, everything is public. I only know i haved share a link before. Please help me!
Have you tried the suggestions made above? Posts #2, #4 and #7.

Nick
May 11th, 2016, 23:13
I am from austria, so my english is not so perfect. i didnt understand how to use the /flashdb who is anybody talking about. but i have found out. i put it into the chat and now it works. every "P" is gone. but i didnt understand why it happends.
so long, it works fine again and i am happy. thanks for the help.

mfg Nick

Old-DM
July 18th, 2016, 02:33
I have the same problem with everything being shared after log-off and log-on. I am going to try the suggestions and will let you know if any of them work. I have many created stories, linked to other created stories and tables that may be part of the issue. I only posted this, to possibly help in narrowing down the circumstances surrounding it's occurrence.

p.s. Novice posting in this forum

Solved: Thanks to solutions presented in forum post. I used /flushdb on a second instance of FG2 "player view" and it appears to have worked. My actual players will be back in a couple of weeks and It looks good so far.

LordEntrails
July 18th, 2016, 02:45
Welcome Old-DM. Glad to have you onboard. If the suggestions don't work, let us know :)