PDA

View Full Version : Can't Import Local Characters

Skillkoil
January 25th, 2016, 02:09
I cannot Import Local Characters into any game I join. i can import them in the manage character area but not in any campaign. Am I saving them incorrectly? Please help. I am a subscription user by the way.

Trenloe
January 25th, 2016, 02:29
Click the Import button in Character Selection once you've joined the game: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Character_Management This will show you your "local" characters. You will only see the characters that were created in the exact same FG ruleset.

Skillkoil
January 25th, 2016, 02:41
They are 5e Characters for a 5e game. I know how to import and i've added them to my local characters in character management, but they still won't upload in another person's 5e Campain

Trenloe
January 25th, 2016, 02:45
They are 5e Characters for a 5e game. I know how to import and i've added them to my local characters in character management, but they still won't upload in another person's 5e Campain
Can you provide a screenshot of character selection screen after you've pressed the import button - the title of the window will have changed to "Import Local Character".

Trenloe
January 25th, 2016, 02:55
You can try it on your own computer. Start up a 5E campaign, then start up a second instance of FG and "Join Game" with a Host Address of localhost Then try using Import Local Characters from within the second (player) instance of FG.

Skillkoil
January 25th, 2016, 04:13
Here is a screenshot. I did as you asked and joined as localhost

Trenloe
January 25th, 2016, 04:21
Here is a screenshot. I did as you asked and joined as localhost
Cool. So what happens when you click on one of those PCs?

damned
January 25th, 2016, 05:01
Make sure the xml file is saved in the ...\Fantasy Grounds\campaigns folder and the 5e importer will find it there...

Trenloe
January 25th, 2016, 05:03
Make sure the xml file is saved in the ...\Fantasy Grounds\campaigns folder and the 5e importer will find it there...
The OP is referring to importing their PCs from manage characters directly into the game when they join. You don't use XML for this - it is all built in via the FG interface.