PDA

View Full Version : Module Export Issue

Jiminimonka
January 24th, 2016, 17:40
Hi,

I have created a module (Mines of Madness from the PDF), and exported it using /export. The module has been created, but it does not appear in the Library list or anywhere else in FG. Any idea what could be stopping it from working. The export is successful with no errors.

EDIT: I renamed the file to .zip and had a look - it has all the images, and 2 files - db.xml and definitions.xml.

OK - I disabled some extensions and now it works - I will check them one by one see if the error occurs again.

Moon Wizard
January 24th, 2016, 18:05
Just checking, did you click the checkboxes next to the record types that you wanted to export?

Regards,
JPG

Jiminimonka
January 24th, 2016, 19:30
Yes, I did that,and also dragged the items individually over a second time. I disabled some addons and then exported and it works fine now. The module shows up with all addons/extensions on or off, so maybe one of those interfered. But its probably a user error, namely moi!

Zacchaeus
January 24th, 2016, 20:19
Yes, I did that,and also dragged the items individually over a second time. I disabled some addons and then exported and it works fine now. The module shows up with all addons/extensions on or off, so maybe one of those interfered. But its probably a user error, namely moi!

Most of the time you don't need to drag items over unless you only want to export a selection of the items, NPCs etc. If you tick the 'Personalities' box in the export dialog it will export all of the NPCs in the NPCs list that's in your campaign. Same goes for all of the other entries like Story, Images etc.

Trenloe
January 25th, 2016, 03:06
The module has been created, but it does not appear in the Library list or anywhere else in FG. Any idea what could be stopping it from working.
Did you load up a different campaign (for the same ruleset) and did you then go into Module Activation and open your recently created module?

Jiminimonka
January 25th, 2016, 06:48
Did you load up a different campaign (for the same ruleset) and did you then go into Module Activation and open your recently created module?

Yes. I looked at the FG tutorial video and David Colville and followed the instructions.

Moon Wizard
January 25th, 2016, 17:48
If you are still having problems, you can zip up the entire campaign folder and send a dropbox link to [email protected]

I can use the campaign, and try an export locally to see if there is a data issue.

Regards,
JPG

Trenloe
January 25th, 2016, 18:01
As an FYI - you usually need to restart FG to see new modules in the module activation window. Or at the very least exit a campaign and reload.

Jiminimonka
January 25th, 2016, 23:33
Thanks for the help everyone. Got it sorted now.