PDA

View Full Version : I am old DM, but a new DM to FG, looking to run a 5e Greyhawk Campaign

poobah_1
January 23rd, 2016, 14:26
FG License: Full license
Game System: D&D 5E
Module Name: "The Curse of Iggwilv"

Time Zone: GMT -6
Day of week and time: Thursdays starting at 7pm.
New game, planned start date: mid-Feb 2016
Planned Frequency: Biweekly, once every two weeks.
Term: Long term.

Voice: Teamspeak

Number of Players in game & needed: need 6 players, maybe more.
Character starting level & equipment: 12th -15th level, I will approve characters. I don't want to have to roll up 15th level characters. I would like to see developed characters with adventure logs and legit Magic Items. Alternatively, I will make the s-4 tournament characters available and advance them to 15th level 5e equivalents.
Character restrictions: Only core races and classes.

Details of your scenario: CY 620, Greyhawk. Southern Yatils.

It has been 50 years since a team of adventures discovered the Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth. Its treasures plundered and its chief denizens defeated. This adventure seeks to follow up with some additional details and intends to carry the story forward through an eventual on-going campaign set in Greyhawk in CY 620.

Background:
Mordenkainen, though his agents, sponsored a group of adventures to investigate if Iggwilv did indeed possess several fantastical ancient artifacts. Among them:

Daoud’s Wondrous Lanthorn
The Demonomicom of Iggwilv
Prison of Zagig

After the heroes found the caverns and defeated most of the monsters guarding central laboratory they did indeed find the Great Treasure of Iggwilv - “Whose Lot was Hunger Tragic”. Drelzna, the daughter of Iggwilv and Lerrek, a fearsome and beautiful vampire of exceeding cruelty and power was defeated.

The adventures were able to subdue her material form, and she escaped into gaseous form and fled to the deepest depths of the caverns. After regenerating her form, she could not return to the central chamber due to the powerful charms laid outside the central chamber. She instead returned to the deep caverns, slept and plotted revenge.

Link to Gamecalendar page: Have not yet set it up...still seeing how much interest there would be for this type of higher level campaign

damned
January 24th, 2016, 02:20
Welcome Most Excellent Grand poobah_1!

If you need any help the forums are full of people who will help ease your learning curve.
There are many Greyhawk fans here Im sure you will get a great group together quickly!

Jakken
January 24th, 2016, 07:02
I'm a new player with a basic understanding of how things work, I would like to join if you have room

poobah_1
January 24th, 2016, 14:23
@damned - thanks for the vote of confidence. The hard part is finding higher level 5e characters with a greyhawk backstory. I am converting the s-4 tournament characters and I am having am issue with the innate powers of some of the magic items. (i.e dancing swords that detect evil and shifting doors). Maybe the item forge can help

@Jakken - I wont discourage anyone from giving it a try. When I get the calander page up I will send you a PM so you can get the list early.

JohnD
January 25th, 2016, 04:25
Get your calendar up.

damned
January 25th, 2016, 05:27
JohnD is a big fan of the realms and a long time GM... who wants to play methinks!

Skillkoil
January 25th, 2016, 12:34
I have been waiting for a higher level campaign! I have a Warlock ready to go! Also I can help you with the scripting for items and powers if you need it.

poobah_1
January 25th, 2016, 16:41
Calendar page is up....

poobah_1
January 26th, 2016, 03:08
So if you have a player character you want to use. PM me and I will let you know the e-mail address you can send it to. Otherwise, I advanced the tournament characters up to 12-16 level and interested players can elect to play one of those.

I am about a month from starting, but we can have a few background sessions for players to get the characters approved and set up correctly. There is a good amount of background material to read as well. I would suggest starting with Oerth Journal #13 - Lerrek's Tale.

GoblinTown
January 26th, 2016, 04:51
Just found it in the calendar, and added myself as an applicant. Would it be possible to see the tournament characters that are available if that isn't too much work?

I am pretty new to 5e but have been making my way through the PHB and would like to choose/be assigned one of those if possible so i can get familiar with it and read up on everything needed well beforehand (if I am ok to join, that is)

Looks very interesting.

poobah_1
January 26th, 2016, 16:20
Link to calendar page

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=1812

djacob91
January 29th, 2016, 10:17
If you are still looking for players, I would be interested in playing. I could join with my level 13 dragonborn pally.