PDA

View Full Version : Newb Questions

Kharnov
January 23rd, 2016, 12:44
Okay, so I just purchased the $39.99 FG License and $14.99 Call of Cthulhu Ruleset from Steam tonight and I have some a few questions. What exactly can I do with the $39.99 license FG that I could not do with the Demo? Am I able to add new portraits and new tokens to my FG folder? Speaking of that, what folder do I use to do this? I have a folder under the /Program Files (x86) / Fantasy Grounds but the only folder in it is one marked campaigns that has a 5e demo campaign in it. With no folder named portraits or tokens listed in it. I also seem to have a folder /Progam Files (x86) / Steam / SteamApps / common / Fantasy Grounds that seems to only contain a readme Files saying congrats for downloading FG and FG Launcer and FD updater in it. If I am to add a folder for portraits or tokens where would I do that? Can I GM games with this License if others have spent the $39.99 or do I have to upgrade to Ultimate to GM anything? Also, how do I create a character with it? I saw a cool tutorial for inporting an xml file character but what if I want to make a guy from scratch?

Kharnov
January 23rd, 2016, 13:48
Seems I just needed to do some more research on the site here, it answered almost all of my questions for me. Figured out the tokens and portrait thing, and the comparison between the licenses. Still not sure on how to create a character from scratch yet. Will keep digging.

dberkompas
January 23rd, 2016, 14:46
@Kharnov,

The only way I know to create a character from scratch, is to open the character sheet and start typing.

Or you can drag/drop things from the manual.

Some of the fields are generated automatically from values you put in, but there's nothing like Hero Lab if that's what you were hoping to find.

BoomerET

damned
January 24th, 2016, 02:57
Call of Cthulhu is a fairly low simple ruleset - it does not have all the bells and whistle of the 5e system for example but its fully functional (I see a bug being updated in the 3.1.6 release due in the next couple of weeks). Have a look at https://www.fg-con.com/free-downloads for some free tokens and portraits that might be suitable for your CoC games.

To create a Character you do have to manually edit/update the entries based on the supplied CoC rulebook which should be found by going to Library -> Modules -> and activating the various CoC books that show. You can then see these in the Library and for the adventure I think under Story.