PDA

View Full Version : LFP D&D 5e Weekend evenings MST, LMoP, PotA, HotDQ, LotCS etc...

Vishera
January 22nd, 2016, 23:50
FG License: Ultimate license - players need not purchase a license.
Game System: D&D 5th Edition
Time Zone: Mountain (Arizona, USA)
Day of week and time: Weekends, More than likely every other Saturday around 7pm but this is flexible based on the group's availability.
Term: Planning on a longer adventure that will take quite a while to work through. Though if everyone wants, I can do a shorter adventure.
Text or Voice: Game will be with voice, so headphones and microphone are mandatory. I will be live streaming my games on Twitch.tv so please have a webcam too. No skype required, I have something else for the audio/video.
Roleplay & Combat mix: Roleplay is highly encouraged but not enforced. There will be quite a bit of combat as well. The more flavor you put on your actions the better!
Number of Players in game & needed: 5 slots open, I will do 4 but no more than 5 players.
Character starting level & equipment: Basic character starting eq. will be used.
Character restrictions: Depending on which adventure we play, I will then go into detail about character class/race restrictions.

I have been playing D&D since AD&D came out, and I am fairly familiar with 5e rules. I have been using FantasyGrounds for a few years now but really got into it about a year ago. I am pretty flexible on some of the more confusing rules. I live stream my games on Twitch.tv [See The Highlights Here (www.twitch.tv/behindthedmscreen/profile/highlights)] and I now have a YouTube Channel [Check that out here (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTLrxFp5-Le-6pvxP2TEQ6g)] that I upload the games to as well. Be aware that the games in my stream as of right now are HotDQ and there may be spoilers! That being said, I require my players have headphones and a microphone as well as a webcam. Nobody wants to see your picture, they want to see the person! Also try to keep swearing down to a minimum, as it tends to get obnoxious at times. I encourage roleplay and you may wear anything you feel that suits your character. Play a dwarf? Wear a fake beard or tie on a spaghetti mop! This is just a suggestion and not mandatory.

Once I get some interest we can decide on which adventure to play. I currently have the adventures: Lost Mines of Phandelver, Hoard of the Dragon Queen/Rise of Tiamat, Princes of the Apocalypse, and a few shorter adventures. I DO ask that if you have played/read/seen the adventure we choose, please bow out and let someone else who hasn't experienced it play. No point in cheating and ruining it for the others.

Let me know who's interested! I am looking at starting within the next week or two, so no big rush. You can either reply here or add me on Skype "DM_Vishera".

RageArmor
January 23rd, 2016, 03:16
I wouldn't mind joining in.

I am free on both saterday and sunday just let me know which, aswell i am free anytime during the afternoon.

If able i would prefer to play my Dragonborn Monk as i originally rolled him and not with the standard stats. If not i can make do with the Standard stat set up.

Timezone: CT -7
FG License: Free
Voice: i prefer skype, if accepted in i will add you.

I have played quite a bit of 2E, and forgotten realms, along with Vampire the masquerade, and Shadowrun.

The original stat rolls
STR: 15 (with bonus from race)
DEX: 19 (with bonus from feat)
CON:10
INT:7
WIT:10
CHA:10 (with bonus from race)

Vishera
January 23rd, 2016, 03:44
Looks good. I typically go with 4d6 drop lowest. Add me on Skype: DM_vishera

Aggromal
January 23rd, 2016, 03:50
Sent you a request on Skype: I_Found_Mayo

RageArmor
January 23rd, 2016, 03:56
Looks good. I typically go with 4d6 drop lowest. Add me on Skype: DM_vishera

I did it how my first D&D character was made, 6 rolls of 4d6 taking the highest 3 numbers + 2 rolls of 3d6 changing out 2 of the rolls for the two new ones. That's how my first game master had us roll for stats. and it works for me, mostly cause it gives better chances of having interesting stats. I already have my character sheet on FG completely finished and exported (using it for another session set on wednesday.) There is alot of extra information in the notes section that is pretty much just there to help me remember ****, like what the dice rolls are for the breath attack, and jumping distance.

MidasKing
January 23rd, 2016, 04:36
I'd like to throw my hat in. I was introduced to D&D 5e about five months ago when I was invited to a real life group and have fallen in love with the format. I've been gaming a long time, but the creativity and freedom that D&D brings is beyond what any video game or mmo can offer. I don't know much about previous editions, but I'd say I know 5e quite well (having read everything I can get my hands on). I'm new to FG as well, but I'm reading and watching a lot. I hope to get acclimated very quickly.

As far as schedule goes, I'm in Oregon, so Pacific Standard Time. Saturday evenings are good for me in general, but the later we start the better. I have a family and two young kids, so 7pm PST or later would be ideal. That being said, if we get going with this, I'll make it work. I do have a mic and webcam.

Of the adventures you mentioned, I prefer PotA but would be ok running anything. I am familiar with the overall HotDQ storyline, so that would be my last choice. Regarding classes, I'll play anything as well. Casters are my first choice, followed by melee, then healers. But I'll pick anything to fill in the needs of the group. Please let me know if you need anymore info. Thanks!

RageArmor
January 23rd, 2016, 18:32
Should prove to be interesting.

Vishera
January 23rd, 2016, 23:32
All slots are full but feel free to add me on Skype in case we have a player drop out.