PDA

View Full Version : Is it hard to change a Story Mod to a Library Only Mod?

willquestion
January 22nd, 2016, 11:10
I'm making a mod for 'Shadow of the Demon Lord' that holds a great deal of character data: spells, paths, equipment, etc. This mod shows as tabs in FG as well as in the Library as "Story", "Items", etc. I haven't used an XML editor before but know some HTML. Is it difficult to change this mod into a well layed out Library only mod?

damned
January 22nd, 2016, 11:20
There is no simple conversion from this style to the other...
Learn how to use Par5e....

willquestion
January 22nd, 2016, 11:44
I figured a 5th edition parser would have issues working with this system. It's highly simplified.

willquestion
January 22nd, 2016, 11:54
I was hoping that I can open up the mod I currently have and change some code to where it shows up only in the library, rename the options so it's not just "story", and specify a few specific links. I've already put about 20 hours into it. Would it be easier to just start from scratch or edit the mod in an XML editor?

Also, I'm going to try the 5e parser and see what happens.

damned
January 22nd, 2016, 12:31
Have a look at the Par5e tool - there is a CoreRPG option. Now it has a bug - a pretty big one -

Par5e for CoreRPG outputs
<text type="string">
while Fantasy Grounds is expecting
<text type="formattedtext">
and so the module loads but no content is displayed....

You need to do a find replace on your common.xml...

Valarian
January 22nd, 2016, 12:41
You can export the work as a module, to make it reusable, but it will still show in the Story, Item, Images menus when opened. The module will show up in separate categories to the Story, Items, Images in your campaign.

Use the /export option to create an adventure module.

damned
January 22nd, 2016, 13:01
yeah - on reading Valerians post I wonder if I misunderstood you?
if you dont want it to appear as stories then Par5e is imo the best way forward.
if you are ok where it is - do as Valerian says and just export it for later re-use.

willquestion
January 22nd, 2016, 15:04
I'm going to have to try a few things. The good news is the designer gave me the go ahead to share modules with those that can show proof of purchase of the material the module is based off of. I hope he'll make official stuff, but we'll see.

willquestion
January 22nd, 2016, 15:09
I'd prefer it to be only in the library. If the parser doesn't work well with it then I'll just let it chill in the story section.

Trenloe
January 22nd, 2016, 17:49
I'd prefer it to be only in the library. If the parser doesn't work well with it then I'll just let it chill in the story section.
If you're prepared to do some XML editing of the module XML file then you should be able to remove the story entries and leave the library entries. You can PM me a link to the module if you want and I'll give some guidelines on the steps to make it work (I won't distribute and will delete after looking at it).

willquestion
January 23rd, 2016, 12:03
Thanks Trenloe. It may take me awhile to wrap it up but I'll contact you when I'm done.