PDA

View Full Version : NPC on the Fly

Mask_of_winter
January 22nd, 2016, 02:31
As a GM, one the great things about Savage Worlds is that you can just make up an NPC or Monster on the fly without worrying about balance, challenge rating or building it like a PC. You just give it whatever skill, rating, edge and gear you want.
On Fantasy Grounds things are a bit different since you actually need to have all that information on the NPC entry if you want to benefit from all the fantastic automation made possible from the ruleset.
So I made this small module. It's a cheat sheet with links to library references (from the SW Deluxe only) you would be hunting for in the middle of a game to create an NPC. With a few easy steps you can build an NPC.

I hope this will make your job easier as a GM.

If you have any suggestions about how to make this an even better tool, let me know. I'll see what I can do.

Mask_of_winter
January 22nd, 2016, 03:48
Updated to include link to Monstrous Abilities.

jshauber
January 22nd, 2016, 03:56
Very Cool!!! I don't GM Savage Worlds but a couple guys in the group do so I will be sure to let them know about this.

Hendell
January 22nd, 2016, 04:42
Already got.. appreciate the help Mask

deepdivered
July 28th, 2020, 03:01
i am using swade. it looks like all the links for skills, edges, hindrances etc no longer work. it would be nice if it also had a link to items so you can give them weapons easily.

qdwag
August 5th, 2020, 05:05
Does this module work for SWADE? Thanks for posting by the way.