PDA

View Full Version : NPC spellcasting & purchased module content

HavocSmurf
January 22nd, 2016, 00:17
Hi, I watched a great tutorial video from June, which showed NPC spell casters in action from the Monster Manual. It was mentioned that these features were going to be pushed to the other content over time. I just purchased FG's standard licence, the deluxe players handbook and the Rise of Tiamat module all through Stream. During testing I have noticed that the monsters provided with the module, for example the Mage, do not appear to have active spells as selectable Actions either in the combat tracker or the character sheet. I was able to drag and drop a Fireball spell from the players handbook to the Mage character sheet spell listing. It then shows up as a usable action on the combat tracker, but the saving throw function does not appear to function correctly. I select my targets and hit the Dex Save string, but it comes up with a null result. If I roll the fireball damage, it affects the targets, but does not account for a saving throw. I was wondering if this feature is yet to be enabled through the module, or has the module been updated, but not passed along to Steam? This functionality was one of the reasons I opted to bring my players into the Fantasy Grounds software and I'd really like to find out how to get this working. I have been checking the software update daily, but still have this issue ( 3.1.5 and 3.1.6 ). Let me know if there is a solution or perhaps a time frame for this. Please and thanks!

Zacchaeus
January 23rd, 2016, 09:01
You have found an error; I'll cue that up for a fix. Thanks for reporting.