PDA

View Full Version : Order of Play

Jonkar
January 20th, 2016, 09:27
Hello everyone,

I'm a new player wanting to try my hand at D&D 5e. I've been really excited about the D&D Adventure League after reading about it however I have difficulty finding a game to join. That is mainly because I've been aiming to start with the Lost Mines of Phandelver or DDEX03-01 - Harried in Hillsfar adventure.

I'm wondering, do I have to start with those adventures specifically or can I join any 1-4 adventure? Do you have to follow a fixed order?

Hoping for some help here :)

damned
January 20th, 2016, 12:07
hola Jonkar.
RPGs are sometimes one shots or mini campaigns and sometimes they run for a year or six.
Dont lock yourself into something. LMoP is often run and you are likely to find one session so long as you stay active on the boards.
In the meantime try a one shot of something or even join a campaign.
Try some East Texas University or Deadlands or Pathfinder or Castles & Crusades or Shadowrun - you might find it just as much fun.
As far as 5e goes be patient and it will happen :)

Frankplsr
January 21st, 2016, 05:49
No they don't have to be played in order. You can play in any tier 1 adventure( Levels1-4) to start with. The intro scenarios like DDEX1-01 Defiance in Phlan, DDEX2-01 City of Danger and DDEX3-01 Harried in Hillsfar. Help to introduce a new player to the different story lines and the area around the Moonsea. They also help to show the mechanics of how the game works with short 1-2 hour game sessions.
Frank Lefebvre AL_LC: South Shore Montreal.

Jonkar
January 21st, 2016, 07:09
Thanks guys!