PDA

View Full Version : LFG - D&D 5e (open to 3.5e as well)

divilspawn
January 19th, 2016, 22:19
FG License: Demo
Time Zone: PST USA
Day(s) of week, frequency, and time: Saturdays OR Sundays flexible time of day. The aim is bi-weekly on Saturday or Sunday for approximately 4 hours, though the session length can be flexible. Sunday's are preferred. After 9PM on Friday nights would be available on occasion as well.
Term: Long term
Voice: I've used just about every voice platform for gaming available. I prefer Skype but will use whatever the GM prefers.
Game System Preferred: 5e. I don’t have any FG DLC.
Game System Experience: AD&D 2nd Edition, D&D 3/3.5
Fantasy Grounds Experience: New to FantasyGrounds.
Character Type Preferred: Whatever fills out the group the best. I'm most experienced with a Cleric and have an idea for a rogue I'd like to try out.

About me: I have two kids and as such am looking for a group that sometimes life may get in the way of gaming. Sundays are ideal because often the children go to church with grandma meaning I can play without taking time away from them. This is another reason for this being an every other week preference.

damned
January 20th, 2016, 02:18
Hola divilspawn - have a look at this one shot by the awesome Mask_of_winter - it promises to be lots of fun.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?27929-LFP-Wolves-in-the-Borderland-One-Shot

Also - you are unlikely to find a 5e game with only a LFG post - you will have a much better chance of getting in a game if you regularly browse these threads and post on any new games that match your availability. Introduce yourself on those threads and express your interest.

divilspawn
January 20th, 2016, 03:08
Thank you, I will definitely try to get in on that; and read up on Savage Worlds.

I appreciate the incentive to post and respond more. I'm currently trying to sort through the forums and read up as much as I can so as to not post something redundant or otherwise useless. In the meantime I dropped this here figuring it's better than nothing.

Getting a reply at all, and in under 12 hours is truly amazing to me. At this rate I'm going to be in trouble for playing too much in just a couple of weeks ;-)

JohnD
January 20th, 2016, 04:10
damned is right - the best thing you can do if you want to play 5e is take the initiative and approach DMs who post available spots. If you wait for them to come to you, you'll never get a spot because they will fill up. Now, if you are looking at one of the non-juggernaut rulesets, DMs will be taking more of an initiative to approach people looking for a game, so keeping your options open is also a good thing... it's better to be in a game than not.