PDA

View Full Version : Half-Elf Variant

X-baby longshot
January 19th, 2016, 19:14
Looking to find out if my Book is correct or if FG is correct.

Specifically under page 116 of the book copy of Sword Coast Adventures it stats:
Some half-elves in Faerun have a racial trait in place of the Skill Versatility trait. If your DM allows it, your half-elf character can forgo Skill Versatility and instead take the elf trait Keen Senses or a trait based on your elf parentage:

Under FG it stats:
Some half-elves in Faerun have a racial trait in place of the Skill Versatility trait. If your DM allows it, your half-elf character can forgo Skill Versatility and instead take the elf trait Keen Senses and a trait based on your elf parentage:

Thus the question is, should this be or, or should it be and? I can’t find a post or errata on this.

kylania
January 19th, 2016, 19:28
https://www.sageadvice.eu/2015/11/18/scag-half-elfs-keen-senses/

The half-elf's Keen Senses option in the SCAG is, alas, superfluous. Take one of the juicy options below it.

X-baby longshot
January 19th, 2016, 19:34
So if the text is FG is incorrect they need to fix the programming because when you add Variant you gain both a keen senses and a Trait.

Zacchaeus
January 19th, 2016, 22:15
Ok, we'll put it back to the way it is in the book. The author TASAgent and I made the decision that the OR was incorrect since why trade two skills for just perception. But since the powers that be have ruled otherwise it'll be updated in due course.