PDA

View Full Version : NPC "forge"

epithet
January 19th, 2016, 18:19
With the release of the SRD, and the inclusion of a selection of monsters and non-player persons in it, I'm wondering if it would be possible to create an NPC generator similar to the item forge. I'm imagining it as selecting a template (bruiser, arcanist, shanker, priest, etc.) then adding traits and actions from a list. If the generator could check your math regarding challenge rating, that would be even better. For example, if you select the bruiser template and add a great club action, you might not be hitting your target damage for the CR, so the generator could highlight the CR in red so you'd know you had to add a multiattack action or bump up the STR. If everything adds up right, the CR could be highlighted in green.

While the target CR should be user-input, it would be helpful if the generator displayed a calculated offensive and defensive rating, so the user would know what needed to be tweaked.

Anyway, it's just a thought. I'm sure it would take a fair amount of work, and y'all probably have plenty to do as it is, but it would be a helpful tool.

Zacchaeus
January 19th, 2016, 18:51
This has already been suggested. Vote for it here (https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=99079).

JohnD
January 19th, 2016, 19:47
Great idea. :ninja:

In case you're interested, here's the discussion that went around that submission; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?26697-NPC-Forge-Creator . For what it's worth, at that time I think some of the people who jumped into the thread thought I was talking about making PCs (or didn't know the difference between PCs and NPCs in FG), not NPCs.

Roohlas
February 10th, 2016, 09:33
I have an ultimate lisence too, sometimes i let my players do their (roleplay) a litle hard core and go beyond the adventure i made for them, so.... sometimes im surprised and i must use new npcs and new locations, in the wilderness you can drop some orks or goblins but in the city.... what? you must use npcs with their spells their personality and powers, (they must be unique). An npc forge is more than necesary, you put Race Level Class and poof your npc ready in the npc file! Developers made a very good job here but npc generator and tokens of furniture and walls to make fast maps will make the dms be realy fast even for the most exacting roleplayer!

JohnD
February 10th, 2016, 16:01
Well go ahead and vote!