PDA

View Full Version : [LFP] Wolves in the Borderland - One Shot

Mask_of_winter
January 19th, 2016, 08:26
https://i.imgur.com/ibEUKFC.jpg

“Nobody goes into Black Forest willingly. Only those that’s taken, and they don’t be returning.”

- Old Borderlands Saying

The story is simple: Fort Vanguard, a small but sturdy fortification, stands on the very border of Black Forest. The lord of the Fort, Commander Voorhess, has a beautiful daughter named Kara, who was captured by Caled raiders three nights ago while on her way to visit her father. Her retinue of three soldiers and a slave girl were also captured. The raiders took their captives back into Black Forest, beyond the Godaxe.
Being short of men, Commander Voorhess has ordered you, the Border Wolves, to pursue the raiders and rescue his daughter. You know the truth: you have been chosen because any other man in the small garrison would have refused such a dangerous mission.

Black Forest is dark and silent and, although you constantly feel you are being watched, nothing hinders your advance. After pursuing them for two days, you have now located the raiders in a small Caled village...

Date/Time: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Wolves+in+the+Borderlands&iso=20160123T2145&p1=179&ah=3&am=15
FG License required: None
DLC Required: None
Information: This One Shot game for Fantasy Grounds is beginner friendly. Both to Fantasy Grounds and the Savage Worlds (https://www.peginc.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Test_Drive_2015.pdf) system. I will teach all you need to know to play this, you will not slow anybody down. You will have fun. You will need a headset/mic and Fantasy Grounds installed on your computer. The pre-gens (characters on the poster) will be waiting for you. The selection will be on a first come first served basis.
Where do I sign up? 15 mins before the hour I will create a channel entitled "Wolves in the Borderland" on FG's TeamSpeak channel (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?17071-Voicechat!-Community-TeamSpeak3-Server). The first 5 players to get in will receive my server address to log on to my table. On the hour (15 mins later), we start. I will run the game for a minimum of 3 players.

stoto
January 19th, 2016, 12:58
I love it! Even your posters are amazing

Squeekit
January 19th, 2016, 18:11
This is so enticing! You've already begun to build the suspense, i love it!

Mask_of_winter
January 20th, 2016, 01:39
Thanks guys! I hope to see some of you Saturday night.

Mask_of_winter
January 20th, 2016, 15:50
Here are some screeshots of the skin I made for the game and a couple character sheets.

Squeekit
January 20th, 2016, 20:19
Oh I like it! I so hope I end up being one of the 5

Bane Root
January 20th, 2016, 23:01
Looks amazing. I'm signed up for damned's Dungeon World one shot on the 23rd. It is at 630am EST for me, but I will try to also get in on this game.

MidasKing
January 21st, 2016, 21:14
D&D 5e player, but new to FG. I'm really looking forward to this. Hope I get in!

Wind Serpent
January 22nd, 2016, 01:06
Looks intriguing... not 100% sure I can make it in time, but I certainly will try.

Mask_of_winter
January 22nd, 2016, 01:09
Looks intriguing... not 100% sure I can make it in time, but I certainly will try.
Would be great to have you Harald, if not perhaps you can make it to this time? https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?27790-LFP-Checking-Interest

Mask_of_winter
January 23rd, 2016, 05:13
Just a reminder this game is a go. Again, read the original post carefully. Thanks again for your interest. I look forward to it.

MidasKing
January 24th, 2016, 06:04
Thanks for the great game, Mask. It was a lot of fun popping my FG cherry. Hope to see you around again.

Mask_of_winter
January 24th, 2016, 06:17
Thanks for the great game, Mask. It was a lot of fun popping my FG cherry. Hope to see you around again.
You did great man. It was a pleasure gaming with you. I hope to see you around as well and hopefully see you submit a game for the community to join at some point.

Mask_of_winter
January 24th, 2016, 06:24
Screenshot of the game, rescuing Kara, the commander's daughter from Caled warriors in the Black Forest: 12806

Bane Root
January 24th, 2016, 07:06
Agreed. Great game, great GM, great players. It was the perfect intro to FG for me.
Thanks Mask, sorry I had to depart so abruptly, my two month old daughter can be so inconsiderate sometimes...

Mask_of_winter
January 24th, 2016, 07:09
Agreed. Great game, great GM, great players. It was the perfect intro to FG for me.
Thanks Mask, sorry I had to depart so abruptly, my two month old daughter can be so inconsiderate sometimes...
I understand. Thanks for sticking around as late as you did. Good luck with your campaign!

Squeekit
January 24th, 2016, 07:14
The talking bat swarm immortalized.

Thanks to Masked for a great job DMing and good game everyone.

Hendell
January 24th, 2016, 17:30
Thanks for running this Mask was a lot of fun.

Gertak
January 24th, 2016, 22:23
Yep, thanks Mask was a good game with a lot of fun. Lots of good interaction from the players was also huge enjoyment for me.

Wind Serpent
January 25th, 2016, 01:11
Would be great to have you Harald, if not perhaps you can make it to this time? https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums...cking-Interest

I got on a bit late and the channel was already full... sounds like I missed a great game!

Unfortunately, my ftf gaming groups meet on Saturday, so I'm usually unavailable Saturday mornings (or, indeed, at any time on Saturdays) - otherwise I'd be happy to join any of the campaigns you're considering in the thread.

Mask_of_winter
January 25th, 2016, 01:28
I got on a bit late and the channel was already full... sounds like I missed a great game!

Unfortunately, my ftf gaming groups meet on Saturday, so I'm usually unavailable Saturday mornings (or, indeed, at any time on Saturdays) - otherwise I'd be happy to join any of the campaigns you're considering in the thread.

Yes, the channel filled up rather quickly. Hope you got some good gaming done this weekend my friend!

MidasKing
January 27th, 2016, 20:12
You did great man. It was a pleasure gaming with you. I hope to see you around as well and hopefully see you submit a game for the community to join at some point.

I just submitted one! This will be my first time DMing, so I'm kind of nervous. But I've done a bunch of prep work, so I'm hoping it turns out alright :)

Mask_of_winter
January 28th, 2016, 00:33
I just submitted one! This will be my first time DMing, so I'm kind of nervous. But I've done a bunch of prep work, so I'm hoping it turns out alright :)
I saw that, that's fantastic! Good luck to you!