PDA

View Full Version : LFG - 1 Adult Player LF Sunday Morning/Weeknight Game CST 5E/3.5/PF/4E/Twilight2013

tullifarian
January 19th, 2016, 02:35
FG License: Full
Time Zone: Central Time USA
Day(s) of week, frequency, and time: Sunday morning starting early and running until 2-3 PM would be absolutely perfect for me. That's what I'd really prefer the most, but I understand that's probably a tough sell. It's just a time that I don't have any distractions or obligations. Failing that, weeknight evenings will work as well for me, though I can't stay up too terribly late, and Tuesday evenings aren't ideal. I'd love a weekly session, but every other week or some other frequency would work as well.
Term: Long term is the goal, but really chemistry is what matters most and so starting off with one module or campaign goal in mind makes the most sense so that the GM, the group, and I all have a feel of whether we want to continue playing together.
Voice: I can voice chat, will use whatever voice software the group uses - I tend to speak about my character and his voice in the third person, with less frequent bits of first person.
Game System Preferred: Really any D&D version, with 3.5/PF or 5E being my first preference, 4E behind it, and then 2nd edition behind that. I'd also love the completely unlikely possibility of a twilight 2013 game that uses the full optional combat timing rules.. Call me a glutton for punishment.
Game System Experience: D&D back to the red box, with almost no 5E experience but some research and interest in it. Have read up a fair amount on pathfinder but not played it - It's similar enough to 3.5 that I'd have no issues there. Have played MERP(A rolemaster derivative), Twilight 2000 v1, v2, and Twilight 2013, Star Frontiers... Umm.. That's about it.
Fantasy Grounds Experience: Moderate as a GM, moderate as a player.

Character Type Preferred: Interesting utility characters that are effective but in subtle ways are my favorite. A wizard that never kills anything but keeps the battlefield on lockdown, or a fighter that soaks hits and protects his allies, or a buffer that makes everyone else kill better tend to be my favorites. I don't like to play healbots or characters that don't interact with the enemy, and I don't have any need to post huge damage numbers. I tend to multiclass most of the time because I find that the gaps in between classes are the most interesting for me - A Barbarian/Rogue in the vein of Conan, or a Wizard/Thief who delights in clever uses of magic, or a Paladin/Bard who sings Gregorian chants while beating down evil are the sorts of things I enjoy.

About me: I'm a mature adult who enjoys getting together and taking control of a situation in a way that real life doesn't often allow. I like to be effective - I'm not a power gamer, nor am I going to try to break the system to be some little god creature, but I will try to make a character that is successful in the role it has - I want to be a hero doing heroic things in fantasy. I like a good puzzle, I like a good fight and tossing some dice around to see how things turn out, and I love a good story. I think that the players have a story to tell as much as the DM does, and I think the greatest skill a DM can have is in building a story that lets each and every player feel like they've written their own chapter instead of having it dictated to them. That said, i'm here to enjoy the stories around me even more than my own and I'm not here to take over a game or make sure everyone can see how clever I think I am.

Please, toss me a private message or post here and let me know if there's a spot for me. I'm fine with whatever audition or trial period your group might have - I even prefer that sort of thing. I don't want to get into a situation where either party is disappointed - I just want us all to have a good time.