PDA

View Full Version : 5E Homebrew Wednesdays nights

Streetd0g
January 17th, 2016, 07:00
Starting a weekly Homebrew session that is going to be on Wednesday nights around 8pm central. Have 3 players already, no class's picked quite yet. Would like to have around 4 to 6 players that are going to be here consistently every week. Do not apply if you cannot be here consistently. That being said there is life outside of the game so if there is a missed day that happens that is not going to get you kicked out of the game. It is going to be a mix of RP and combat, obviously not 50/50 all the time because that would be impossible. The mix will happen depending on how the story will be told between my players and I. I am a newer DM, but I am very well versed in 5E. The world will be fairly magical, but that does not mean you are getting magic items left and right. Risk and reward are more my style and you will be rewarded justly for things you have done. Outside of the game I will take questions as much as the players want, but while in game things will remain as much as in character as possible. I will make decisions and they will be respected. Failure of this to often will eventually get a player removed from the session. All that being said I want nothing more than for our sessions to be fun, I just want a well organized session that all the players can enjoy. If you would like to apply for the session, please fill out the following information.

Example---
Character type: High elf wizard or dragonborn fighter preferred
Time zone: central
Experience: Been playing 5E for around a year

Once I get the other players set I will figure out the starting date. The sessions will run for around 3 hours, but if players and I one night would like to play longer then the session can go longer for that night. Characters will start out at level 1. This will be a long term campaign, pretty much as long as players show up I will continue to DM for them and make content for them.

randomlimbs
January 17th, 2016, 07:43
Character type: Would prefer to play a monk (shadow), though other classes might be interesting
Time zone: CST
Experience: Been playing bi-weekly in 5E for over a year. (have off-and-on experience with previous editions as well)

Shouldn't be a problem to commit to the time slot. And I'm up rather late anyway, so if the sessions run a bit over, also not an issue. I assume we'd use some form of VoIP (skype, TS, Vent, Mumble, etc), and have a good headset.

Rimne
January 17th, 2016, 12:47
I'd love to join your group!
I'm dependable for long-term play, and I'm flexible as to both when we play and for how long. I'm at CET, but that won't be a problem.

Character type: human fighter (eldritch knight), human wizard (evoker), human rogue (arcane trickster), human ranger (hunter), elven/half-elven wizard (bladesinger) or human paladin (vengeance) preferred.
Time zone: CET, but not a problem.
Experience: Been playing 5E two sessions. Been playing a slew of other rpgs on-and-off for 20 years, including dnd from 3.5 to the original.

sammyp03
January 17th, 2016, 21:29
I'd be interested!
I'm well versed in 5E

Tie fling bard or some type of martial character
Mountain time

3.5 experience 10+ years
5e experience a little over a year

rob2e
January 17th, 2016, 22:39
I'd be interested!

Been playing 5E since the start. D&D since 1981. Master of Fantasy Grounds.
Pacific Time

And I can play any class/race to fill out the party. I'm willing to be whatever is needed.

RageArmor
January 18th, 2016, 02:37
well I wouldn't mind joining in.

Character type: Chaotic/Good DragonBorn Monk. Of Green Dragon Descend. Name: Norath Nijja. Background: (Outlander: Tribal Nomad)
Time zone: Mountain Time -7 hours
Experience: Use to play second edition, and alittle in forgotten realms, in addition to that i use to play some VTM (Vampire the Masquerade), and Shadowrun. 0 experience with 5th, however i pick things up rather quickly when it comes to games, and espcially when getting back into games i have the hand books and manuals on hand.

Edit: I have been accepted into a Campaign on Wednesday at 5pm MT, which will last 2-3 hours. If that wont work for your time frame that's fine.

vgsmart
January 18th, 2016, 03:44
Sounds like you have enough interest but I'd be game and the time slot fits my schedule well. Bring me along, it'll be fun! :D

Character type: I've been itching to play the 'underpowered' beastmaster for some reason. Not even taking the "I'm a gnome riding a crab!" method... though... now that I wrote that it sounds great! :P
Time zone: Pacific
Experience: 3 months of 5e, 20+ years of D&D and other RPGs.

Goes off to ride a crab, sideways, into battle. Bet they didnt see THAT coming.

Streetd0g
January 19th, 2016, 01:25
I do unfortunately at this time have a full party. Sorry for any others that wanted to join. If I end up having an open slot in the future I will try to get in touch.