PDA

View Full Version : About tables

Topdecker
January 17th, 2016, 05:12
Ok, I picked up a PDF title from ASSASSIN GAMES named "Random Urban Encounters" which I found to be more than good enough for a conversion to FG.

I started by setting up a d100 table and plugged in all the result names. Then I created a story tab and added the 99 individual story entries and dropped a link to each story snippet onto the chart.

When I roll, I get something that looks like this:

https://www.kilgore.co/tim/fg_tables.jpg

GM: ? <icon>

I am a little worried that this will be shared with players, firstly.

Anyhow, is there a better way of handling / presenting this table? I'd honestly prefer for it to just open the linked story element and keep the chat window a bit cleaner.

Thanks!

JohnD
January 17th, 2016, 05:38
Log in to yourself as a player via starting a second instance of FG on the same computer. Use "localhost" as the alias. You will see what a player sees.

Topdecker
January 17th, 2016, 05:44
Thanks, JohnD, that eliminated the visibility fears

PopinFRESH
January 17th, 2016, 08:54
Hello Topdecker,

Ignore me :) I didn't look hard enough at your post, it seems that it's setup that way already and you were saying roll and it auto-open the corresponding story entry.

~~~ I believe you can also include the story links within your table so that when you roll the d100 for your encounter it will print the message you showed with a link so you can just click the link and then share it. ~~~

-PopinFRESH

Andraax
January 17th, 2016, 14:43
If there is a question mark in front of the chat entry, only the GM sees it. You can middle click on those entries and it will then be displayed to the players.

Topdecker
January 17th, 2016, 15:37
Hello Topdecker,

Ignore me :) I didn't look hard enough at your post, it seems that it's setup that way already and you were saying roll and it auto-open the corresponding story entry.

-PopinFRESH

No, it doesn't auto-open the corresponding story entry. I hoping to find out if this was possible.

As it is now, you roll and it places the link in the chat window and then you can click the link which opens the matching story.

Topdecker
January 17th, 2016, 15:38
You can middle click on those entries and it will then be displayed to the players.

Thats good to know! I appreciate you taking the time to point it out.

Zacchaeus
January 17th, 2016, 15:44
No, it doesn't auto-open the corresponding story entry. I hoping to find out if this was possible.

As it is now, you roll and it places the link in the chat window and then you can click the link which opens the matching story.

No it won't auto-open but once in the chat you can click to open or drag it anywhere e.g. you could drag to a player to share that entry or to a story etc.