PDA

View Full Version : Flicker Issue

Batman13
January 16th, 2016, 13:48
I emailed Doug about this issue a few months and did not get a resolution. Infact he sent me links to other websites that were not helpful. So I figured I would ask the community.

Only parts of the interface can be see when I mouse of them. The rest of the time, they are black. I can not get the software to go fullscreen. Windowed or fullscreen the software sits right above the bottom taskbar. This may be common, but videos I see online do not show the bar. Any ideas on how to fis it?

Yes... my hardware and software are all up-to-date and working fine.

Moon Wizard
January 18th, 2016, 09:51
This is usually the result of an issue with the graphics driver and the libraries that the current engine of FG uses (DirectX 9). It has something to do with the partial redraws not being handled by the library and driver combination.

One workaround is to use the Mac/Linux compatibility flag in the FG Settings, which forces FG to redraw the entire screen for every frame instead of attempting partial redraws.

Another workaround has been to create an application specific graphics driver profile, and adjust settings to remove advanced settings until a setting is found which causes the issue.

Regards,
JPG