PDA

View Full Version : Legacy of the Crystal Shard Maps

Zacchaeus
January 16th, 2016, 11:55
The Legacy of the Crystal Shard adventure is now available from the store (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.xcp?id=WOTC5ELCS) and if you haven't seen this adventure yet then you really need to have a good look at it. Personally I think it's the best one yet.

The one thing that it doesn't have for FG users is enough battle maps; in fact there's only the one.

However Zacchaeus' Crystal Shard Map module solves this problem. With over 30 maps and a number of player handouts this module should cover every possibility that the adventure offers. The module comes with a guide which relates the maps to the encounters that inspired their creation using the same numbering system in the adventure itself. To use the pack download the module from the link below and place it in your modules folder; then just open it up as normal in the same campaign that you will be running the adventure from.

The maps are, of course, usable in any campaign and if you unzip the module you can extract the maps for use in any other ruleset as well.

Have fun :)

Download the map pack here. (https://www.dropbox.com/s/2ubplwcb76764w5/Legacy%20of%20the%20Crystal%20Shard%20Maps.mod?dl= 0)

FSHSchmo
January 16th, 2016, 19:08
What software do you use to make your maps?

Zacchaeus
January 16th, 2016, 19:15
Campaign Cartographer with the Dungeon Designer and City Designer add ons and all of the Symbol Sets.

(someone didn't read the acknowledgements in the module :) )

FSHSchmo
January 16th, 2016, 22:11
Campaign Cartographer with the Dungeon Designer and City Designer add ons and all of the Symbol Sets.

(someone didn't read the acknowledgements in the module :) )

Guilty as charged :(

Moepsii
January 17th, 2016, 21:55
Nice work thanks for keeping us up to date.

hawkwind
January 18th, 2016, 12:33
nice one

Dazzar
January 31st, 2016, 02:36
Thanks very much Zacc this has been a frustration searching for maps, I really didn't feel like building them.

shemantis
January 31st, 2016, 16:17
Thank you for all the maps you upload!

Jade Priest
March 5th, 2016, 19:08
myself and a friend purchased FG and purchased Legacy of the Crystal Shard then found this forum about the maps but we still seem to be missing a battle map, the very first one city gates. Am I wrong is it in this set? I looked for a picture of it to create my own but have not been able to find anything...

ddavison
March 5th, 2016, 19:52
If you go to Story > 0.10 Prelude: Arrival in Bryn Shander, there is a link to Gates of Bryn Shander - Battle Map. It has a gated entrance for the battle map. If you open up the Adventure module (DM Only) and got to Images & Maps in your Library, it is called "Gates of Bryn Shander".

Jade Priest
March 5th, 2016, 21:37
We found that one but when we try and open it in game it is all grey no map

Zacchaeus
March 5th, 2016, 21:47
There is a map there and the link is working for me so the problem looks like it's at your end.

Can you try right clicking on the Legacy of the Crystal shard module (open the library and then click the modules button and find the module in the list). You should get a radial menu and if there is an option there to do so select 'revert changes'. Let us know if that helps.

Jade Priest
March 5th, 2016, 22:21
Zacchaeus that worked thanks a lot.

Zacchaeus
March 6th, 2016, 08:58
Zacchaeus that worked thanks a lot.

Jolly good.

Doctordrew
March 11th, 2016, 04:53
Zacchaeus thanks for the maps. They work great. I am new to FG and these will be a great resource as I get started. Thanks!

knilch
March 21st, 2016, 23:59
Awesome - thx a lot. Just wanted to run this tomorrow in Fantasy Grounds and thought "just buy the package" but ... ups - no maps except the first. You saved my day :)

damned
March 22nd, 2016, 01:05
Hi knilch and welcome. The official modules contain ALL the official content - which sadly doesnt always have maps for all encounters. Awesome community members like Zacchaeus and others often do share their owns maps though :)

SheckyS
July 16th, 2016, 02:04
I'm interesting in running this module, but I'm curious about something. It only goes from Level 1 to 3. Is there a natural follow-up module or more parts in the series?

Varsuuk
July 16th, 2016, 04:55
It's not just a module, it is also a Campaign setting with both implicit and explicit hooks for future adventuring.

That said, those 1-10 modules make me shiver... I recall playing for a couple years regularly before hitting 9th ;) Things change of course. There are pros and cons to both approaches. But I expect either is easily adjusted ;)

Zacchaeus
July 16th, 2016, 11:45
I'm interesting in running this module, but I'm curious about something. It only goes from Level 1 to 3. Is there a natural follow-up module or more parts in the series?

Yes, you could use LotCS as a precursor for any of the other WotC adventures, Out of the Abyss, Horde of the Dragon Queen, Curse of Strahd or Princes of the Apocolypse.

DimeLes
February 15th, 2017, 21:22
I know I'm late to the table with this one, but I also would like to send a sincere THANK YOU for providing this bundle. I was comparing LotCS with HotDQ and really wanted to run through the story of Legacy...But didn't want to have to create every map beforehand. You have made my decision simple and I will be purchasing as soon as I hit the 'Post Quick Reply' button!
Thanks again!

Cybinja
September 8th, 2017, 20:11
thank you so much for this! I just made a post inquiring if there was missing maps in the adventure. This helps enormously thank you!

Patou
October 14th, 2018, 14:45
Snatched! Very nice!!

Booker Grimm
May 28th, 2019, 09:53
Thanks Zak, only bought the product the other day and haven't even started running it. These will come in useful. Many thanks.

Squeak
November 4th, 2019, 19:45
Many thanks!

graziano.girelli
November 5th, 2019, 09:26
Thanks for the maps!!!

Matrim78
April 13th, 2020, 03:09
I can't seem to get this down load to work. I down load it to drop box and then try to drop it into fantasy grounds and it comes up with an error msg. Any advice?

Squeak
April 13th, 2020, 09:13
Matrim78

I am sure that someone far more proficient in FG will come along soon, but until then perhaps the information and links from this thread might help:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?46731-Common-Folder-for-Maps

Zacchaeus
April 13th, 2020, 10:19
I can't seem to get this down load to work. I down load it to drop box and then try to drop it into fantasy grounds and it comes up with an error msg. Any advice?

Are you putting the module in the FGData/modules folder? What error message are you getting?

Matrim78
April 13th, 2020, 23:29
Are you putting the module in the FGData/modules folder? What error message are you getting?

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_campaigndata.lua"]:18 addimageFile: Unsupported image file type specified

Matrim78
April 13th, 2020, 23:51
Zacchaeus. I was doing it wrong and your info lead me to the answer. Thank you very much.

Ranthalas
April 19th, 2020, 12:09
Thank you so much for this! Just started the campaign the other day and was noticing the absolute lack of any worthwhile maps for it. This is a life saver!

Zacchaeus
April 19th, 2020, 13:03
Jolly Good Ranthalas and welcome to FG.

The Decepticon
May 12th, 2021, 03:39
Thank you for these maps! Very, very helpful

vaughnlannister
May 16th, 2021, 23:10
Love these maps Zacchaeus!! :) and the adventure mod obviously :p!!