PDA

View Full Version : Issue: Unable to Unshare images and formatted text links

Adamfrost
January 14th, 2016, 10:06
Hello Everybody.
I wanted to try the new function to share images and formatted text links introduced in version 3.1.3 but now I've done a mess.
I've opened the radial menu on one random item under the "story" menu and I've clicked the sharing of all links.

Now everything in my campaign has been shared: every link in Story, Items, Maps and NPC is flagged (P).
I've tried to unshare every item, one by one but, when I quit and I reload the campaign everything is shared again. In addition to this, any new thing that I create (Story, NPC, items) is automatically shared (P).
I've tried /flushdb and /save but nothing changes. I really don't know what to do.

Any solution?

Zacchaeus
January 14th, 2016, 11:56
You will need to get your players to also clear their player cache (on the join screen they should see a small folder with a 'nuke' icon on it which if clicked on will clear their cache). When you do your /flushdb make sure that the module is open when you do so.

Adamfrost
January 14th, 2016, 12:39
Thanks Zacchaeus; actually there are no active players in my campaign (in costruction).
I did opened every module in my possession and then /flushdb.
Then I did launched another FG session with the same machine and I did pushed the nuke button.
Reloaded the same campaign and nothing has changed

Zacchaeus
January 14th, 2016, 13:23
Forgive me for saying the obvious but you have tried right clicking and selecting 'make all links private'?

Adamfrost
January 14th, 2016, 14:05
My FG is updated and actually there is no option "make all links private".
Attached the options that i have.

Zacchaeus
January 14th, 2016, 14:26
My FG is updated and actually there is no option "make all links private".
Attached the options that i have.

You need to right click over one of the links not on the sheet itself.

Adamfrost
January 14th, 2016, 14:37
Yeah, i did click over one of the (P) but it is exactly the same

Zacchaeus
January 14th, 2016, 14:52
Sorry, I should have been more precise.

Somewhere in an entry in one of your sheets - probably a story entry you have one or more links. You have right clicked on one of those links and selected share all links. It would seem that all of your NPC's are linked to this sheet and so when you shared all links then you have effectively shared everything linked to that sheet. This is indicated by the small 'P' icon which means that the record is public.

So, what you need to do is find a page which has links on it (your screenshot isn't showing links - that's just a list of NPCs) and then right click over that link and select unshare links.

I've attached a screenshot which might make things clearer. As you can see Story Two and the Aarakocra is linked to Story one - the links are showing green and there is a P next to all the items which are linked to story one but not things which aren't such as the Aboleth

Adamfrost
January 14th, 2016, 15:15
I've attached the complete situation of my campaign.
The only 2 links that i can see are:
1: Story --> Dragon Turtle (story) --> Dragon Turtle (Encounter link).
2: Story --> Pirati (Story) --> another encounter link
If I right click over one of the 5 entries I can't "make all links private". In my screenshot I did right click over "Dragon Turtle" entry in Story Menu.

BTW, how to green link? what does it mean the green color?

Zacchaeus
January 14th, 2016, 15:32
The green links indicate that the links have been shared.

If you have shared links then somewhere in your story or notes you should have the same green links. One other thing you'll need to unlock the story entry in which the links you've shared are in, in order to be able to unshare them.

Adamfrost
January 14th, 2016, 16:42
I've exploded my Story panel.
In the first picture you can see that every sheet is unlocked.
In the second one you can see that, if I right click over the Dragon Turtle encounter link I can "make all links shareable". If I do so the red dragon icon changes into a shield icon (you have a green dragon) and then...
in the third picture, if I right click over the Dragon Turtle encounter link (shield icon) I can "make all links private". If I do so the link returns to be a red dragon icon.
In my Notes panel, all my notes are unlocked and I have no links inside of them.

Zacchaeus
January 14th, 2016, 18:10
I see from your screenshot that you have a variety of other modules and also various extensions. Try closing off all the other modules and also starting the campaign with no extensions. You should get a green dragon not a green shield so something is off with your campaign somewhere I think. I can't think of any other way that you can share everything in a campaign except by sharing all of the links and/or all of the story entries/NPCs etc.

Adamfrost
January 15th, 2016, 14:40
Solved somehow.
Backup of everything.
Reinstalled FG, copied the saved (backup) folders.
Loaded the campaign with fresh FG version = now I have green dragons too :cool:

Unfortunately the main problem was still present =(not removable (P) everywhere).
At this point I think that the file "db.xml" is corrupted.
So I've exported all campaign sheets into a module; created a new campaign and copied all the sheets from the new module into the campaign. Few work to do, I've just lost the images grid, drawings and notes.

Now sharing/unsharing seems working correctly

Thanks for your support and patience

Trenloe
January 15th, 2016, 17:53
Loaded the campaign with fresh FG version = now I have green dragons too :cool:

Unfortunately the main problem was still present =(not removable (P) everywhere).
Sounds like you might have been running on an older FG version at some point (from the fact you weren't seeing green dragons) and this might have caused some data issues regarding the new charing/unsharing in your campaign database.

It's a bit of a pain to rebuild, but glad you got it working.