PDA

View Full Version : LFP: 3.5e Forgotten Realms Campaign - rich environment, LE party

brochr
January 14th, 2016, 06:06
_
We are an established group looking for 1-2 players to join a campaign that has just started....PM if interested or want to learn more.

SCHEDULE & TOOLS

FG License:
GM has Ultimate

Game System:
D&D 3.5 (also occasionally some Pathfinder - we have a PFRPG campaign on hold)

Time Zone:
Central Time USA (but it's an international group)

Day of week and time:
Tuesdays starting at 8 pm, usually hard end at midnight

Frequency:
Weekly, with occasional breaks when scheduled.

Term:
Long term campaign.

Text or Voice:
Voice preferred, but open to text

Voice software used:
Teamspeak, scheduling by Facebook message.

Gaming Tools:
We use many add-ins to enhance the game (languages, effects, locations etc), and Obsidian Portal for the logs & wiki

THE GAME

Roleplay & Combat mix:
Usually 1/3 investigation & negotiation, 1/3 combat and 1/3 intrigue

Number of Players in game & needed:
We have 2 players (monk, magic user and a stealthy type on the bench) need up to 2 more

Character starting level & equipment:
2nd level with a Forgotten Realms starting package plus 1d10 gold. [packages are described on pp28-32 of the Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting]

Character restrictions:
Only official 3.5e & Forgotten Realms source books for races, classes, spells, feats etc. (i.e no home brew or Ebberon). Lawful evil alignment

Play Style:
This campaign puts the players in a turbulent environment.

Team work is essential.
Role playing skill is more important than rules knowledge. We often return to commonsense analysis to decide situations, rather than rules as written.
Hack & slash will probably get you killed
A sense of humour is a must (it's a game after all!)

We are open to players new to 3.5e/Pathfinder/D&D if they are looking for immersive stories and are willing to learn. Luckily Fantasy Grounds helps this a lot.

Scenario:

The game is set in the Moonsea (https://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Moonsea) region in DR 1374. The party was taking a ship across the Moonsea from Hulburg when they were caught in a tempest. The battered and damaged ship limped into the harbour at Melvaunt (https://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Melvaunt) and the party came ashore. Here they have plunged into the schemes and machinations of this frontier city....

For a change, the party are lawful evil alignment with dreams of establishing their own power base and competing with the other interests in the region. Melvaunt itself is controlled by a small number of "great families" who manipulate the city and commerce to suit themselves. Other powers in the Moonsea region (Zhentil Keep, Mulmaster, Thay) have their own designs. To survive in this environment the party must work closely together and have shared goals (hence the fixed player alignments).

The campaign has just started and the current players have reached level 2. New players will be brought in at a similar level and we will talk on Teamspeak before we play the session to bring you up to date.

We have set it just after the "current" date in the 3.5e Forgotten Realms source books and this material is considered part of history. The aim is that out-of-character knowledge is useful in-character (but doesn't spoil any surprises).

House Rules:

We use some house rules, added to increase role play and so the characters "grow" in a realistic way:

- player "knowledge" skills: Knowledge points are excluded from normal skills allocation. They are assigned by the GM based on your character story (initially) and campaign experience (subsequently)
- negotiating with vendors: When selling treasure or buying gear you will enter into a negotiation. Your relationship with the other party will influence what sort of a deal you get, as will some good old luck....
- identifying treasure and magic items: Most treasure items will be unidentified when you find it (e.g. some red gemstones, a vial with a green liquid). Examining or assessing the items will give you more information and you will slowly build up a body of knowledge to make it easier the next time.

The Overlord
January 15th, 2016, 15:56
Sounds interesting, count me in.

brochr
January 15th, 2016, 22:17
All slots filled - thanks all

damned
January 15th, 2016, 22:28
Ooops! I just linked you to a couple of new players! Good news brochr :)

z3phy3r
January 18th, 2016, 23:32
Hiya,

I'd love to join the game, I've had very limited experience FG wise but have played a lot of Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale 1 & 2, and Neverwinter Nights as well as the MMORPG Neverwinter. I've also read a lot regarding Forgotten Realms particularly the drow (my favourite race by far). I have also done chat RP's playing a drow. I started him off as a Lawful Evil somewhat of a charming scoundrel character already a guild master of a mercenary guild, with a hidden goal of attaining eternal youth and immortality (driven to near insanity by the ambition ending up Chaotic Neutral). I'm quite storyline driven so I'm always looking to help drive and make the storyline more interesting. Only thing is my timezone is +00GMT and with working in the hospitality industry, availability might vary at times.

z3phy3r
January 18th, 2016, 23:44
ah bugger just seen that all slots a filled...sorry bout that