Out of the Abyss

FG License: GM has Ultimate
Game System: D&D 5e

Time Zone: Mountain Time
Day of week and time: Wednesday at 5pm for 2-3 hours
Start Date: Jan 27, 2016.
Planned Frequency: Weekly
Term: 'Til the adventure is complete!

Text or Voice: Voice preferred, occasionally if necessary text is okay.
Voice software used: TeamSpeak the FG server

Roleplay & Combat mix: 50/50 some game sessions maybe strictly roll playing.
Number of Players in game & needed: Have 2 players, need 3-4 more.
Character starting level & equipment: 1st level.
Character restrictions:Please create using the standard set (15, 14, 13, 12, 10, 8) Races and classes pertinent to the Forgotten Realms- you can use the Sword Coast Adventurers guide and or the Elemental Evil Players Companion(PHB is a given). For my sanity, no Goliaths or Aarakocra. Please be prepared with a short background of your character- it will become relevant during the course of the early sessions. If you have played this adventure or read about this adventure, please let me know.

Details of your scenario: From the module: Dare to descend into the Underdark in this adventure!
The Underdark is a subterranean wonderland, a vast and twisted labyrinth where fear reigns. It is the home of horrific monsters that have never seen the light of day.
I am expecting mature players that want to play, that want to role play at least a little(I am not the greatest with voices, but I do give a great scary laugh), role the occasional die, and have some fun. I am not interested in min/max players- I DM for the story and what happens. I also do some Theater of the Mind role playing-!
I expect simple courtesy from the players and try my darndest to extend it. No discrimination/homophobia/un-sportsman like conduct will be tolerated. If any of this behavior presents itself, even by myself please bring it to my attention- I do not want to offend or have others be offended. Lastly: If you can't make it, let me know.
If you are unaware, the adventure involves characters and NPC's experiencing mental and physically erratic behavior. Let me know if I or the group needs to modify language or discussion around these narrative descriptions- Bring it to the groups or my attention immediately- if I am not getting it, be blunt.

Lastly, I am not a perfect DM. I am always looking to improve. You will get sick of me saying and asking how is the game going? How would you handle X? I am asking from a sincere desire to create a fun experience for everyone- yes, even when the 5th level Paladin kills my spellcasting baddy before he's able to get a spell off. If you miss a session, xp won't be awarded to your character unless you let the party play your character as you would, no meat shields.

Link to Gamecalendar page: Private

Characters:
RageArmor - Dragon Born/Monk
97Rudder97 - Rogue
Justicesar - Rogue
Conquistadork - Fighter
- Paladin
- ?

Monkn
January 14th, 2016, 04:53
Would like to join this one. I have a Drow mage that has been waiting to be played

Ravilla
January 14th, 2016, 05:16
id like to join if you are ok with someone new to D&D

Dorthan
January 14th, 2016, 06:29
I'm new to both FG and 5E, but if you'd have me I'd love to join. I've played every edition of D&D from Basic through 3.5/Pathfinder, and host a weekly Pathfinder game at my home. I like your focus on narrative and fun rather than min/maxing and mechanics. It's a shame you had to had to spell out that you expect simple courtesy, but I can certainly fulfill that simple request.

I read the synopsis of the adventure, and recognized a name from some of the Drizzt books, so that looks like fun. I've adventured in the Forgotten Realms since 1st edition, managed to get through the Time of Troubles as they changed to 2nd edition, and on PC through various Pools of Radiance, Baldur's Gates, Icewind Dales, and Neverwinter Nights (the MMO, and NWN 1&2) not to mention the new Sword Coast Legends. I'm not familiar with the changes that 4e/5e have brought about on Abeir-Toril, but I can certainly read about them.

What are the other characters playing? I'd like to create one that fits in both role-wise and background-compatibility wise. I'd prefer to stay away from Bard and Fighter/Barbarian as I play those in my Sunday games and the smasher of things with hammers is a bit too focused on one thing and the jack of all trades is the master of none. I'm thinking a wood elf cleric because I like Illydia Maethellyn from SCL or maybe deep gnome/drow something for background flavor.

Jfroloff902
January 14th, 2016, 09:49
I would also love to join this game as well. im pretty new to D&D, however i have played a few 5e games on FG and i feel pretty comfortable with the game and fantasy grounds

IrishBouzouki
January 14th, 2016, 11:49
So... I'd be interested in this one. FYI - if one could judge from your post I actually think you'd be a great DM to play with, you lay all the expected etiquitte on the line and you sound like you are serious and expect and will provide courteous mature behavior within the allowances of in-character RP. The time slot proposed is great for me also.

I have a disclosure in regard to OotA - I am in a OotA campaign that just started. Not a problem for me, I can compartmentalize. But something to consider when selecting your group.

At any rate, I wish you the best in getting your campaign going!

edit - oh, I'd probably prefer play a wizard unless someone else wants to play a main caster like that, in which case I'd prefer to let them do that and I'd play a ranger.

Rimne
January 14th, 2016, 13:33
Never mind,

crb31
January 14th, 2016, 13:50
Wow- that was quick! It looks as though I may have a full group from the above players. I will send PM's tonight about 7pm MST with more info and please reply so I know you are still interested. Also, do keep in mind that the game is set to run on Wednesday as a until finished adventure. Depending upon the decisions the group make it could be a few months to several!
Cal

MTShorts
January 14th, 2016, 22:49
If anyone drops, I'd love to play. New to playing over FG, but not to 5E. Have all the tools, just haven't gotten to use them, yet. Flexible on character type, so can spot fill as needed.

crb31
January 15th, 2016, 15:15
Unfortunately life had other plans for me last night and I couldn't get to the computer- I will have a busy weekend but I think I should be able to get something together before Monday! Take care and and looking forward to getting this started!
Cal

Monkn
January 17th, 2016, 01:24
Just checking if this is still on

rob2e
January 17th, 2016, 22:47
crb31:

I am desperate to play in this campaign. I own it, and want to DM it myself, but I want to play through it first.

I am well versed in 5E and am a MASTER (self-proclaimed) with Fantasy Grounds. I can be counted on to show up consistently and on time.

I do have only one strict rule I live by since playing D&D from 1981 and playing 5E both online and in person from the beginning... That is I won't get into a game that has MORE than 5 player characters. 5 is fine, but 6 or more - no way. If that is your preference for number of players, I am not the guy for your game. If you are however limiting your player base to five or less, great. I WOULD LOVE to be involved.

I am also willing to play any class/race to balance the party. I am not particular.

Hope you'll consider me.

ThanX!

RageArmor
January 18th, 2016, 00:59
I'll join in for that. wanna get back into D&D so this would be great. If able i would like to try out the character i just finished making. A Dragonborn Monk.

crb31
January 18th, 2016, 04:33
Invites have been sent- I am sorry for the delay and some may feel slighted that I can only choose 6 players. I would seriously love to play/run 2 sessions, but the idea has been vetoed by overruling family members.

RageArmor
January 18th, 2016, 04:45
Understandable mate. If it weren't for the fact that i have a bunch of time on my hands i wouldn't have even thought about getting back into D&D. Time is what time gives, if you don't have the extra time allotted for 2 sessions then no one can blame you for it.

Thanks for adding me to the roster. Should be interesting. I do have skype, and anything else i can ftmp sign up for when the time comes.

z3phy3r
January 18th, 2016, 17:53
Would love to be able to join in if you're ok with a newbie to 5e and DnD in general. Have played the usual Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale 1 & 2 and Neverwinter on PC. Read a lot of the books especially regarding the Drow (my favourite race by far) and have done a lot of chat RP's thus I'm quite storyline orientated. Would love to play a drow and try to multiclass as I used to RP a drow and he was quite the scoundrel (and a little bit of a lunatic so would probably either neutral evil or chaotic neutral), mostly looking out for himself and always in search of eternal youth and immortality (I mean come on, who doesn't want to eh?)

Would love to join if there are still slots. Only thing is my timezone is +00GMT and working odd hours (courtesy of working in the hospitality industry) so might have to adjust my timing to play :)

crb31
January 19th, 2016, 02:32
Party seems to be full- I am truly sorry for this and I wish I could arrange to start another one. If something opens up, I will post.