PDA

View Full Version : Interest in 2nd run of (CORE) Quest for Perfection series?

cmdisc
January 13th, 2016, 07:09
This is just a test thread to see if there is enough interest in having another run of the Quest for Perfection 3-parter as CORE games. I am limited to GMT evenings, but can settle on just about any day of the week. If possible, I would like to find a specific day and time we can revisit either every week or every other week to go through these 3 scenarios. Each scenario is related to, yet independent of, the others, so your character IS NOT locked in while we run through these. If you've done some of them, but not all, feel free to consider tagging along (for no credit) with a character or pregen in the ones you've already done, IF there is space available.

I'll toss up a mention in the Game Announcement thread to make sure enough people see this. If we get enough general interest, I'll open a campaign and link it here for signups.

Calendar sign ups here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1789

AxitMaster
January 13th, 2016, 07:25
Hi this is something I would be interested in playing, just depends on the selected day and times. Being in GMT playzone evenings suit me very well, especially if on a weekday night.

Looking forward to this.

SumoOnion
January 13th, 2016, 18:12
Hello, I'd definitely be interested in this. Every GMT evening suits me fine.

Hope this gets enough interest!

Myrddin
January 13th, 2016, 20:38
I'd certainly be up for this. I can do GMT evenings except Friday evenings.

cmdisc
January 13th, 2016, 22:01
Garnering some interest so far. Just so people know, this is part of an ongoing 3rd season campaign that Blackfoot and I are looking to GM from time to time as schedules allow. The focus right now is on the first part that is Pre-Tournament. Some Evergreens and a few other filler scenarios will be inserted to help bring people's CORE characters up in level so that the Post-Tournament scenarios can be run that take us through the Hao Jin Tapestry at later levels.

If CORE is of interest (either as a new player who doesn't want to get bogged down the all the expanded rules or as an old player that likes the challenge of building simple), this is definitely something to consider.

Plus if there are any other GMs that want to jump on board, you can PM either myself or Blackfoot and we can go over the scenario framework that we've been putting together for this.

Dorthan
January 14th, 2016, 00:51
I'm new to both PFS and FG, but I'd love to give them a shot. I host a weekly PF game at my home so I'm quite familiar with the ruleset, and have been itching to give both PFS and FG a try. I haven't done a Core only character since the Core Rulebook first came out, so this should be fun! I'm available any time Saturday, even for a spontaneous game, but on weekdays I'd need to get a specific weekday and time locked in before hand. I'd prefer to play weekly, but every other week is certainly fine as well.

Vladlock
January 14th, 2016, 03:02
i would be down to play, just a matter of working out the logistics for day and time. I can make most any time sun-tue work.

cmdisc
January 14th, 2016, 18:51
I put a calendar link up on the OP for those that wish to sign up. When I get a chance to look over my schedule, I'll suggest some dates and times. Probably looking at 7pm or 8pm GMT times. And Sundays, Mondays, and Tuesdays seem to be workable for most everyone who has posted so far.

kwarner1986
January 14th, 2016, 18:52
I would be interested, pending time and date again. Most likely won't be able attend unless it's a weekend, but I won't rule anything out.

Dorthan
January 14th, 2016, 20:24
Sundays won't work for me, that's the day I host my weekly game at my home, but any other day of the week is fine.

Farnaby
January 14th, 2016, 22:29
I'm definitely in

Rose Claymore
January 15th, 2016, 00:44
I am very interested! This is one of my favorite story arcs and I have yet to play in a core game. Right now, my preferred days and Saturday or Sunday. I have another game I'm signed up for Saturdays but if this won't interfere with it that's my day off and I'd be happy to play in both. Weekdays would be a bit of a trouble for me but if the time works out I might manage.

cmdisc
January 16th, 2016, 21:44
I tossed some dates up on the calendar linked in the OP. The times are tentative and can shift an hour earlier if needed.

Right now we have a total of 9 people. I know 3 of you have been waiting a while for a 2nd run of this, so you will get priority; Syaoran0503, AxitMaster, and Farnaby. The rest we can slot in as we're able depending on who can make what times on the calendar.

If you're not able to make this due to schedule or limited space, no worries. Blackfoot and I will be running several more Season 3 and Evergreen CORE sessions to help earn folks some XP.

And again if any other GMs out there want to join us in helping to run these sessions, you can PM either of us and we'll share the tentative schedule of scenarios we've put together.

cmdisc
January 18th, 2016, 18:37
With 6 votes in so far it looks like Sunday or Tuesday are tied for overall best options. I'd like to give it another few days to see if it tips one way or the other. Otherwise I'll have to make a call by this Thurs and start asking for XML/Chronicles.

Dorthan
January 20th, 2016, 05:04
Something came up and I won't be able to join you folks. Happy gaming!

cmdisc
January 20th, 2016, 09:56
Sorry you can't make it, Dorthan. Another time perhaps. Lots of games always running on and off here.

As for the calendar, it looks like it is tipping heavily in favor of Sunday the 24th. We currently have 5 at "Yes" and 1 at "No", with 2 not having voted.

Myrddin
January 20th, 2016, 18:39
Shame, Sunday is the only day I can't make as I am already running a game. Never mind, I'll try and catch you a game another time.

cmdisc
January 20th, 2016, 21:56
Yeah, sorry to hear that, Myrddin. I was hoping it might work for you, but we'll have lots of other sessions ahead focusing on Season 3. :)

cmdisc
January 21st, 2016, 12:28
Looks like we had 2 people drop. There are currently 3 with YES, 1 NO, and 1 undecided for Sunday. If we don't get any other interest, I'd rather reschedule and try for more players than run with an NPC to fill out the table. I'll call it by Sat morning GMT one way or the other and put up more dates if I have to.

cmdisc
January 23rd, 2016, 09:06
Ok, with 9 potentially interested but 4 having to drop and only 3 saying Yes to Sunday, we will need to reschedule. I've put more dates up on the calendar to see if we can get a sizeable table.

Rose Claymore
January 23rd, 2016, 21:08
I'm looking forward to it. I've been interested in building up my Core character since the program started and have yet to find any games for it.

cmdisc
January 24th, 2016, 18:17
Saturday the 30th is looking promising with 3 votes so far. I'll toss up another post in the Game Announcements since most of our original group have dropped from the calendar thinking the game would be today.

HoloGnome
January 24th, 2016, 19:46
If you give a mouse a cookie, is it a Pest for Confection?

cmdisc
January 24th, 2016, 19:55
If I'm giving a mouse a cookie, then I have an infestation problem and a very unhappy wife.

bsktballchmp85
January 25th, 2016, 01:20
is there a way I can get into this game on Saturday the 30th? what time would it be for the eastern time zone of the U.S. and I haven't played pathfinder in a few years so need a refresher as to how everything works online here with fantasy ground, sending player sheets and where to get an empty one to fill out for a new character and how team speak works again

Myrddin
January 25th, 2016, 01:37
Yep, that works for me. I'll prep a char this week and get it to you cmdisc.

cmdisc
January 25th, 2016, 07:35
is there a way I can get into this game on Saturday the 30th? what time would it be for the eastern time zone of the U.S. and I haven't played pathfinder in a few years so need a refresher as to how everything works online here with fantasy ground, sending player sheets and where to get an empty one to fill out for a new character and how team speak works again

Certainly. The game runs at 8pm GMT/UTC time. Eastern is -5 GMT so that would put you at 3pm local time and I'd expect the game to run 4-5 hours depending on our pace. If this works for you, the first thing to do is go back to Page 1 of this thread, click on the link to the calendar in the first post, and sign up there.

Do you have the Demo or Full License for Fantasy Grounds?

kwarner1986
January 26th, 2016, 14:11
I would play this Saturday, but xazil, victor, and bk might get upset if I ditched my GM duties to play PFS.

bsktballchmp85
January 27th, 2016, 02:03
I have the full license and I have signed up now I know there is something in particular I have to mark off before making my character and who do I send it to when im done?

Dorthan
January 27th, 2016, 02:30
If it's on Saturday, I'm back in if you have an opening :)

cmdisc
January 27th, 2016, 06:16
If it's on Saturday, I'm back in if you have an opening :)

Certainly do. :)

cmdisc
January 28th, 2016, 18:18
Ok guys. Sorry I've been lax with communications recently. I had one of my kids in the hospital for some tests because of some inflammation in his abdomen. He's all good, but 2 nights in the hospital saps my attention. :)

We look like we're a go for Saturday. Kyle can't make it (sorry Kyle), but we have 5 others interested, 4 of which have voted Yes on the calendar. If you can start sending me XML files (and your last Chronicle if necessary), we'll be good.

If anyone wants a pregen, there are several floating around on this board that you can snag or let me know what you're looking for and I'll see if I can dig it up. If you want to build it from scratch, go for it.

In either event, I'd like all XMLs to me by Saturday morning GMT if possible so I have time to go over them and get them loaded for you.

Any questions, let me know. :)

bsktballchmp85
January 29th, 2016, 00:38
how o I attach the file on here or can I email it to you

cmdisc
January 29th, 2016, 07:58
If you click on "Go Advanced" at the bottom of the Quick Reply window and then scroll down a bit, you'll see a "Manage Attachments" button. Click on that and follow the prompts (Browse for the file, then upload it). You'll need to know where the copy of your .xml file is on your hard drive. So when you export it from the game, make sure to stick it somewhere you'll remember (desktop, specific folder, etc). If you're not sure how to export it, take a look at the PM I sent you and see if that helps. Otherwise let me know.

Dorthan, your character came through ok. I'll look over him later today and let you know if anything is off. But at first glance it looks fine.

damned
January 29th, 2016, 11:32
Hey cmdisc I hope the little one is back on his feet soon!

cmdisc
January 29th, 2016, 15:55
Hey cmdisc I hope the little one is back on his feet soon!

He's back home and doing well. Thanks! :)

bsktballchmp85
January 29th, 2016, 21:39
hey cmdisc let me know if you get this character and do I still need to try and add this guy to fantasy grounds or is there a way you can do it? with having this? I will try and get it started

cmdisc
January 29th, 2016, 22:13
hey cmdisc let me know if you get this character and do I still need to try and add this guy to fantasy grounds or is there a way you can do it? with having this? I will try and get it started

When I open the file I'm getting a blank character sheet. If you open up Fantasy Grounds and click on Manage Characters, you can use that to create a new character using the PFRPG ruleset. You will have to manually enter much of the data, but it's pretty straight forward. Then you can export it to your desktop or wherever. If you can get the basics done, I can get on TeamSpeak about an hour before the game and we can go over things and get your guy finished up then.

If you use Hero Labs, there are some videos on Youtube that explain how to export them correctly so that Fantasy Grounds can read the file. I'm not familiar with that since I just use Fantasy Grounds to create and then export all my characters that I build.

bsktballchmp85
January 29th, 2016, 23:16
so after a few hours last night and a couple more tonight I finally figured out how to import character to fantasy ground only thing I have a question on is my spell list ill be on an hour early tomorrow to get that situated cmdisc I will send you my cell number in a pm so you can shoot me a quick text letting me know you got this and its all good

Myrddin
January 30th, 2016, 03:30
Trevik Ashokee, Ranger 1 .xml and portrait attached.

Looking forward to the game tonight!

bsktballchmp85
January 30th, 2016, 03:52
absolutely should be fun

Dorthan
January 30th, 2016, 05:11
Yeah, it took me a while to figure how to import the Hero Labs file into Fantasy Grounds, but I'm so glad I figured it out. I have tons of characters on Hero Labs that I can easily import. I just read they have 5E support on Hero Labs now, so that will be useful for any 5E games going forward.

Rose Claymore
January 30th, 2016, 06:00
It looks like I applied some GM credit to my core character and she's level 2 now, so I either have to decide what she'll be or play a pregen and start new. I'm pretty sure I'm just gonna stick with paladin though. If so I'll have her uploaded in a few hours along with a scan of her last chronicle.

Rose Claymore
January 30th, 2016, 06:18
Or scratch that... I just double checked the game calendar saw the game starts 6 hours earlier than I had thought so I'm gonna need to bow out. I can probably accommodate for future games provided they are still on Sat or Sun and I can correctly not the start time. Sorry for the short notice.

cmdisc
January 30th, 2016, 06:54
Sorry to hear that Dust Raven. But yes, if the time still works for you in the future, we can certainly pick you up for Parts 2 and 3. I'd like to stick to the same day/time if that works for everyone and do Part 2 on the 13 Feb (the 6th is no good for me). Then maybe we can finish up with Part 3 either on the 20th or 27th. More on that later, though.

I have 3 PCs set and ready to go. Farnaby, get me your 2nd level Pali as soon as you're able and we're all set. I know how she can be a little forgetful at times. :p

cmdisc
January 30th, 2016, 18:55
Server is up. Alias is in my Signature block. I'll be on TeamSpeak in a little bit in case anyone has any questions. Will just be AFK for a few.

cmdisc
January 31st, 2016, 00:56
Good run guys. Poor Layni was in the crosshairs a bit and things were looking scary at one point. But you all pulled through. Nice job working together. :)

The next date is up on the calendar. If we can get a group of 4-5 together again, things should run smoothly. If there's a problem with the date/time, we can look at shifting it around a bit in either direction if that can work for people. We have time to zero in on it.

If anyone wants me to hold off on their Chronicles, let me know. Otherwise I expect to get them done and everything reported within the next 48 hours.

Thanks for playing!

bsktballchmp85
January 31st, 2016, 00:59
here is character with all spells and end of chronicle wasn't sure if I needed to send it again

Myrddin
January 31st, 2016, 01:24
Thanks for running cm. Great playing with you all. I thought I had made all Sales & Purchases before logging, but I also want to switch the rope from hemp to silk to save weight. Updated end-of-game .xml attached. No adjustments yet made to the char sheet for any of the items noted in the Notes tab (except ammo already deducted).

Dorthan
February 1st, 2016, 02:56
Thanks for the run, I had fun. Looking forward to the next one.

Rose Claymore
February 1st, 2016, 04:48
I'll be at GengisCon in Denver on the 13th and 14th and won't be available online. On the upside, I get to run (and play a little bit) of Bonekeep.

cmdisc
February 1st, 2016, 14:11
Actually shortly after putting up the 13th, I'm seeing that there might be an issue for me. Does anyone have a problem with the 12th at the same time?

Edit: I put up a time for both the 12th and 15th as possible alternates if the 13th doesn't work out. Another option is to start about 4pm GMT on the 13th instead of 8pm.

Edit (again): Ok, now the 13th might actually be workable. Things are still up in the air, but I'll know for sure closer to this weekend. :/

Myrddin
February 1st, 2016, 18:50
I don't mind at all if we drop the 13th as I'm not entirely sure I can make that date anyway, yet. I could probably make the 15th, but not the 12th.

cmdisc
February 1st, 2016, 19:07
Ok. Chronicles are just about done and ready to report. I'm getting a few things from the Paizo site that we need to clean up.

If I've sent you a PM, there's an issue with or question about your character.

bsktballchmp85
February 2nd, 2016, 03:03
hey cm I re did my character like you told me to do and had to change a couple things cause of the different builds but this site is saying I don't have authorization to attach my new character to the sheet page. not quite sure what you want me to do now maybe it is something with the site at this time ill try again tomorrow too just in case it is. and wasn't sure what you meant by my name being brian harding 336. yes that is my name but not sure where it is that you are seeing it

cmdisc
February 2nd, 2016, 06:44
bsktballchmp85, I sent you a PM explaining what you need to do. It doesn't have to do with your Fantasy Grounds character sheet. It has to do with the character you have registered at the Pathfinder Society website. When you created him, you accidentally registered him as a Society character. He needs to be deleted and recreated as a Core character since he was built as and played in a Core game.

Don't worry though. You're not the only one to ever have done that. :)

cmdisc
February 2nd, 2016, 21:45
Myrddin, I sent you a PM. Get back with me when you get a chance.

cmdisc
February 3rd, 2016, 19:00
Game has been reported. Chronicles attached. If you have any issues, let me know.

Dorthan
February 3rd, 2016, 19:24
Thank you!

bsktballchmp85
February 3rd, 2016, 20:34
didn't it use to cost one prestiege point for a clw wand?

cmdisc
February 3rd, 2016, 20:47
1PP buys a single item worth up to 150gps. 2PP buys an item worth up to 750gps....which is the price of most 1st level wands.

Myrddin
February 7th, 2016, 11:57
Just to confirm, I can't make the 13th as I was already scheduled to run a game for which all players are still confirmed. Sorry. Any chance this game will move to the 15th or any other day that week?

cmdisc
February 7th, 2016, 13:42
I have added the 14th to the calendar. We can see if that works for people. Otherwise we can look at the following week(end) to see what works best.

cmdisc
February 10th, 2016, 19:43
Saturday and Monday are both shaping up as possibilities, although either means one of the original 4 is out for Part II. We can go with one of these or hold off and try again for the following weekend. I'll put up those dates and give people a chance to vote.

If you weren't along for Part I, I'll need your xml file of your character and any most recent Chronicle (if you have one). The subtier looks to be running at 1-2.

Edit: Remember this is a CORE game.

Farnaby
February 11th, 2016, 08:32
Sorry but I had to change some dates as they've moved my shift from late to early.

cmdisc
February 12th, 2016, 19:31
Not a problem, Farnaby.

I'm going to have to cancel the 13th myself. I auto-failed my Fortitude save on a stomach bug going around and it's put me out of commission for a few days. I'm on the recovery side of things (5 lbs lighter I might add) but still weak. So I wouldn't be able to do the Scenario any justice. I see based on the calendar that next Sat/Sun holds potential (the 20th/21st). We can look at those and hope to find something that works and then follow up in a weekend or two with Part III.

cmdisc
February 12th, 2016, 23:00
Doh. Had to delete the 21st as a possibility. Gaming conflict that day.

IrishBouzouki
February 13th, 2016, 21:01
Hi everyone.

I'd like to bring Cūthalion Aearoncrist, a brand new Human 1st level Ranger. He likes to poach game in the forest with his bow, and he likes to relax over a hearty brew in the tavern and watch and listen to the crowd as the folks come and go. And he enjoys wagering the local toughs for a game of skill or chance, chess and arm wrestling are his favorites. He treasures the claymore his dearly departed father passed down to him and he enjoys getting the chance to test himself with it by sparring with the few he counts among his friends.

another edit - Attached xml and portrait (copied from the web). He's registered for PFS Core on Paizo. Hopefully I did all that correctly.

Despite owning a ton of the hardcover books, I have never actually played in a Pathfinder game, let alone a PFS game. I have Hero Labs with some PF stuff for it. I was read up on Pathfinder and the PFS format a couple years ago, need to touch base with it again and figure how to approach it on Fantasy Grounds. I have played maybe 10 games on Fantasy Grounds mid-January to mid-February in other systems (mostly 5E but also Savage Worlds and Dungeon World).

cmdisc
February 13th, 2016, 23:11
Welcome, Irish. Glad to have you along. This particular set of Scenarios that I'm running are using the CORE rules. So the only sources you'll need for this one would be the CRB, the Character Traits Web Enhancement, and the Season 7 Guide. It's also important to make sure you have your character registered on the PFS site as a CORE character. If you have any questions on that you can either post them here or just send me a PM.

Myself and a few other GMs are focusing on Season 3 scenarios right now depending on interest in CORE games. This set of scenarios is a trio that are related to each other, but they also act as stand-alones like any PFS Scenario. So even though we've already done Part I, it's ok to hop in or out of them as needed. They don't have to be completed all together or in any particular order. :)

cmdisc
February 17th, 2016, 19:38
Looks like we're good to go for Saturday. The original run time is from 8pm GMT to about 1am. I'm going to need to start an hour later at 9pm GMT, but I only expect this scenario to run 3-4 hours. So we'll stay within the normal window that's generally expected.

I'll have the server up a few hours before we begin, so feel free to hop in when you need to. Once I'm around, I can answer any questions you may have. The Server Alias for the server and the TeamSpeak info are all in my signature block.

Any questions before that, let me know. :)

Myrddin
February 20th, 2016, 15:38
Char xml attached updated with purchases etc after last game. See you later.

bsktballchmp85
February 20th, 2016, 15:48
here is my character updated after last mission

cmdisc
February 20th, 2016, 17:17
Server is up. I didn't get a chance to check the thread until just now and am heading out until gametime. So I don't have the updated characters loaded. I can do that once I'm back. If you log in before then, just upload your character or make whatever changes you need to.

I expect to be back in about 3 hours or so with gametime set to start at 9pm GMT.

bsktballchmp85
February 20th, 2016, 17:44
hey could you throw my new character in there since I had to remake it after the last episode? I can revamp the spells a little bit but still not sure how to add the amount of time I can cast them if you could show me when I get home I have to go out for about 2 hours or so right now but I will be back on for game time

Dorthan
February 21st, 2016, 02:23
Thanks for the game, had a blast once again. That first combat, though... Make your sacrifices to the dice gods before next session.

IrishBouzouki
February 21st, 2016, 02:35
Thanks everyone, it was a fun game and the group was good company to play with. And... I finally got to play Pathfinder, yay! I will surely look forward to the next session in this series.

cmdisc
February 21st, 2016, 10:07
Congrats on your first PFS game, Irish. :) I'll be posting Chronicles and reporting the game in the next few days. If anyone needs to change anything from how they had their characters, let me know by PM and I can make sure it gets into the Chronicle.

I've put dates up for people to vote on to see if we can finish up this 3-parter. I've put down 7pm GMT as the tentative time, but we can shift that around an hour or so as needed. Hopefully we can find something that works for everyone.

Myrddin
February 22nd, 2016, 00:44
Thanks for the game cmdisc and thanks to the players for a great time...despite the references to Trevik's non-existent sister! Hope we manage to find a slot to run the third one together.

bsktballchmp85
February 22nd, 2016, 01:34
hey cmdisc ive revamped my character to make it a little more fun for me plus I have some purchases for new equipment sold some items back and bought a new mithral shirt any questions just ask because a lot is different with this guy

cmdisc
February 23rd, 2016, 08:34
Chronicles are finished and posted. Let me know if you need anything changed.

I see on the calendar that I have at least 1 NO vote for each day I put up. I'd like to see if we can get the 5 of you together for this. If you don't mind, go ahead and post here every day that you can be available between now and March 15th. Just a string of numbers is fine (ex, Feb 28, 29, March 4, 5, 8, 9). If we find a few days that match up for everyone, then we can decide on those. Remember that we are talking about evening GMT, so sometime around 2pm Eastern USA, give or take an hour.

If we can't get that to line up, I can consider an afternoon GMT on a weekend. More on that later as needed.

Dorthan
February 23rd, 2016, 18:02
Thanks for dealing with this logistical nightmare.

I'm normally available only Saturdays PST at that time, so Feb 27, March 5, and March 12. Given enough notice (just a couple of days) I can be available any day except Sundays (Feb 28, Mar 6, Mar 13.)

IrishBouzouki
February 23rd, 2016, 23:52
Now thru March 15... start time 2pm USA Eastern (GMT-5)
Preferred... February 28, March 6, 13
Able with enough notice... February 26, 29, March 1, 4, 7, 8, 11, 14, 15
Able with enough notice and have to keep it well under 4:30 duration... March 2, 3, 9, 10
March 5 is very iffy for me even though at the time I voted it looked possible, probably should just say it is unavailable for me

I *was* the last minute entry though and I don't want to make the schedule impossible to put together for you, I still appreciate the chance to play last game and any time I can

bsktballchmp85
February 24th, 2016, 02:17
just give me enough notice ill take some time off from work

cmdisc
February 24th, 2016, 21:06
The 26th is too soon. But what do March 4th, 11th, 14th, or 15th look like to everyone? Any day there that works for everyone?

Dorthan
February 24th, 2016, 21:44
I won't be able to make the 15th, but the rest of the days are acceptable.

IrishBouzouki
February 24th, 2016, 21:55
Any of those 4 dates in March will work with enough notice so I can get the day off.

cmdisc
February 24th, 2016, 22:48
Ok. I put the 4th, 11th, and 14th up on the calendar. Guess we'll see once everyone weighs in.

Myrddin
February 25th, 2016, 02:15
Thanks cmdisc for trying to accommodate us all. I have added my response to revised calendar dates. Unfortunately, I cant make Fridays, but the Monday looks fine ...7pm will be a bit tight as I usually don't get back from work until around that time. My full available dates as follows: Feb 29 Mar 1,2,3, 7, 8, 9, 10, 12, 13, 14, 15.

cmdisc
February 25th, 2016, 06:13
If Farnaby can do the 14th, then we're good to go. It's a bit of a ways out there, but we'll go with what we can find.

I also tossed the 7th and 8th up there (looks like I overlooked those). The start times for all these dates are flexible so we can always push it back an hour to 8pm GMT if we need to.

cmdisc
February 26th, 2016, 17:23
Looks like the dates aren't lining up here. I can't remember if I had the 3rd, 9th, and 10th up or who might have said No to those already (but I'm thinking we've already tried one or two of those). But those are going to be the last options before we either try to push things later into March or go ahead with someone missing out.

I've added 3, 9, and 10 to the calendar just to see if it makes a difference. As always the starting hour is flexible so we can move things around a little if we can find the right day.

cmdisc
February 26th, 2016, 22:25
I should add that I think we can hammer this scenario out in about 4 hours with a short break somewhere in the middle. Certainly 4.5 hours with the chatter before and after.

...now to get Irish and Farnaby on board for the 9th or 10th and we have a session.....

cmdisc
February 27th, 2016, 07:41
Ok. Well the votes are in and we have a choice to make. Since not everyone can make the dates, one option is to push off until later in March if we think that will help. I'm not sure if it will or not.

The other option is that we go ahead for the 8th. Farnaby, this means you'll be left out of Part 3...yet again. But as a consolation prize, I can offer to run this again as either Standard or Core (your choice) and I'll post it in the Game Announcement thread for a day in later March that works for you. Just let me know your availability and I'll get it together. I can easily whip up a little intro summation for people joining who haven't played Parts 1 & 2 so everyone is on board with the storyline.

Any thoughts on this? Personally, I'm more partial to the 2nd option. I have no problem offering this again for Tom and a few others as opposed to holding off another few weeks without any guarantees and then running up against the CON.

cmdisc
February 27th, 2016, 07:43
Also, the games are posted for 7pm GMT. We can move that around as needed on the 8th (or even go with the 7th if that makes a difference to someone). I can start as early as 6pm or as late as 9pm.

Farnaby
February 27th, 2016, 12:01
Yeah, no problem. I'll take you up on that offer.

bsktballchmp85
February 27th, 2016, 14:37
ill play both I could always use the experience for my character its so hard for some reason to actually get into a game

cmdisc
February 27th, 2016, 17:21
ill play both I could always use the experience for my character its so hard for some reason to actually get into a game

The rule of Pathfinder Society is that your Character can only ever gain credit for a specific Scenario once (either for playing through it as a Player or for running it as a GM). So although you (the Player) can get credit for a Scenario four times in total (once for playing Standard, once for playing CORE, once for GMing Standard, and once for GMing CORE), you would have to apply those credits to 4 different characters.

That said, you can always play through a Scenario more than once if the GM allows, but you can't get any credit for it. So you're burning up your gear items (potions, arrows, wand charges) and not getting any XP or Gold in exchange for the fun of playing the game.

cmdisc
February 29th, 2016, 08:52
Ok, we are a go for Tuesday, March 8th. The calendar has the start time at 7pm GMT, but we can move that as needed. Just let me know if we need to shuffle the time around.

Farnaby, I'm going to put up an announcement soon for Friday the 11th to run this again as CORE and will generate a new Discussion thread dedicated to that. Hopefully we can get some interest. The 25th will be our fallback if response is lacking.

Myrddin, I know you voted NO for the 11th. If that changes for any reason, we can shuffle things around a bit as needed.

bsktballchmp85
February 29th, 2016, 17:14
This is just a test thread to see if there is enough interest in having another run of the Quest for Perfection 3-parter as CORE games. I am limited to GMT evenings, but can settle on just about any day of the week. If possible, I would like to find a specific day and time we can revisit either every week or every other week to go through these 3 scenarios. Each scenario is related to, yet independent of, the others, so your character IS NOT locked in while we run through these. If you've done some of them, but not all, feel free to consider tagging along (for no credit) with a character or pregen in the ones you've already done, IF there is space available.

I'll toss up a mention in the Game Announcement thread to make sure enough people see this. If we get enough general interest, I'll open a campaign and link it here for signups.

Calendar sign ups here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1789
I want in to the core game I have a lvl 1 sorc

cmdisc
February 29th, 2016, 17:40
I want in to the core game I have a lvl 1 sorc

You've already run Geltonk through Parts I and II of this and I was assuming you wanted to keep him for Part III on the 8th. Do you want to bring your Sorcerer instead? I'd recommend you stick with Geltonk and let him have the complete set. But it's your choice.

FYI, a player can only play through a CORE scenario once for credit. So once you've run Geltonk through all 3 parts on CORE you can't run another CORE character through those scenarios.

bsktballchmp85
February 29th, 2016, 19:11
Oh I'm sorry my sorc is non core thought you meant that that's why I said I'd jump in for the second time

cmdisc
March 4th, 2016, 08:34
I see there has been a change on the Calendar. Tues is no longer any good. But Wed and Thurs the 9th and 10th still work (with Farnaby taking part in the run on the 11th).

Wed, 9th March: Myrddin, bskballchmp85, IrishBouzouki, and Dorthan
Fri, 11th March: Farnaby +

Everyone good with this?

IrishBouzouki
March 4th, 2016, 12:27
I can do that, will put in vacation request change today.

Dorthan
March 4th, 2016, 16:43
Sounds good

Myrddin
March 5th, 2016, 00:45
That should be fine. Could it be an 8pm GMT start, please? Otherwise, I'm not guaranteed to be back from work.

bsktballchmp85
March 5th, 2016, 00:47
im still trying to switch my day that I was leaving work early since we just switched the day and I had today off. I sent my boss a message but have to wait till Monday to see what he says

cmdisc
March 5th, 2016, 08:27
Myrddin, yes we can move it to 8pm GMT if the others are ok with that. I don't see a problem.

bskballchmp85, if you can do Wed, great. If not, an option is for me to run an NPC with the other 3 and you hop in with Farnaby on Fri, the 11th.

cmdisc
March 5th, 2016, 20:32
Just a quick update, d1wright, who has already played this, is willing to hop in to help round out a table. He can do both Wed and Fri. So bskballchmp, if you would rather do Friday, d1wright can jump in to keep the Wed table at 4 and then join you and Farnaby (with maybe a NPC) for a legal table on Fri.

If you'd rather stick with Wed, then we have 4 there and Farnaby and d1wright can run on Fri as long as we can get one more person to jump in (2 preferable).

I have no problem with people playing this multiple times to help with table size. Just remember that you won't be getting credit more than once.

bsktballchmp85
March 5th, 2016, 20:34
Talk to boss Wednesday is a go and if you need another for Friday I could probably do that depending on time

cmdisc
March 7th, 2016, 07:07
Still tracking 4 for Wed. If you've played your character since our last session (or made any changes/fixes), I'll need the updated xml (and latest Chronicle sheet if necessary). I know Geltonk falls into this category. Get that to me as soon as you're able. Otherwise I have everyone else loaded and ready.

I'm only tracking Farnaby and d1wright for Friday's game. So bskballchmp or anyone else who's up for another round of this on Fri (for no credit obviously) is welcome.

d1wright
March 7th, 2016, 16:34
You're asking yourself, "Why play the same scenario I just played and for no credit? And, my character could actually DIE in a no credit scenario!"

Well, the short answer is, experience. But there's no XP CREDIT! Not that kind of experience.

There's experience with FG setting up cool effects. Smaller groups have more time help build these out.

There's playing with new players to learn how to speed up your own play and present a more effective character.

Also a chance to role play a new character or even a pregen to see how you like that class or build.

And, cmdisc is a great GM which is an experience in itself.

So take another look at your Friday schedule and sign up! Your character probably might not die...

bsktballchmp85
March 8th, 2016, 03:05
Sorry had to spend a little time putting my character together for level 2 now im down fr both Wednesday and Friday I just have to sign up for friday

Myrddin
March 9th, 2016, 01:52
Are we confirmed for an 8pm start tonight?

d1wright
March 9th, 2016, 04:55
Yes, but I'll let cmdisc interpret your time zone. US hasn't switched for Daylight Savings yet.

cmdisc
March 9th, 2016, 05:54
Yes, 8pm GMT is the start time for Wed's session; just over 14 hours from now.

IrishBouzouki
March 9th, 2016, 12:00
Here is my update to Cuthalion, other than sorting/editing effects and removing a duplicate 8 lb greatsword, I think it is the same as the one you already have from after his equipment buys.
Is there a PFRPG extension for FG that let's you resize the character sheet?
Is the time correct on the game calendar page? If so, that should be safe regardless of Daylight Savings Time I hope. I will plan on 7 hours from the time of this post?

cmdisc
March 9th, 2016, 12:43
The time posted on the calendar is off an hour. We will be starting an hour later than posted. 8pm GMT/UTC, 3pm EST. I will have the server up an hour beforehand if anyone wants to sign in early and I anticipate the game to run about 4 hours. It all depends on how chatty we get. :)

IrishBouzouki
March 9th, 2016, 12:49
Ok thanks. See you then or somewhat before then.

cmdisc
March 10th, 2016, 00:58
Ok guys. Excellent teamwork and strategy! It was looking good for our heroes at first. But then it wasn't. And then it was again. And then everything hit the fan and it was looking like I might be adding another kill to my list...if not 2.

But somehow you managed to hold on and pull Victory out of nowhere when it was make-or-break time.

I have to say you earned every GP and XP and PP you got that session. Congratulations on a win well deserved. :)

cmdisc
March 10th, 2016, 12:41
Working on Chronicles and should have them posted and the game reported by tomorrow.

Dorthan, we missed you at the table. Hope everything is ok. You voted Yes to a possible Friday session and I'm currently tracking a game at 7pm GMT then with a few guys. You're more than welcome to hop aboard and join us. Layni would love to have her favorite Bardic companion along. :)

Discussion here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?28658-3-13-Quest-for-Perfection-Defenders-of-Nesting-Swallow-(CORE)-Fri-11-Mar-7pm-GMT

Farnaby
March 10th, 2016, 13:43
I would?

Oh...yes, of course I would. ;-)

cmdisc
March 10th, 2016, 20:42
FYI, the sessions tied to this discussion thread are now finished. I will be posting Chronicles tomorrow. The game has been reported.

If you are looking for a re-run of this scenario, there is another thread covering this topic that is scheduled for a run tomorrow. You can find it here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?28658-3-13-Quest-for-Perfection-Defenders-of-Nesting-Swallow-(CORE)-Fri-11-Mar-7pm-GMT

cmdisc
March 11th, 2016, 07:07
Chronicles are attached. If you require any changes, let me know. I always save both unsigned forms and signed forms for my records so things are easy to go back and change or redistribute as necessary. Sometime after the weekend, I'll be pulling these down.

Dave, I searched up the Guide and found that you can't do a Day Job roll on a replay. My mistake. Luckily we were only talking 10gp.

Does anyone have a way to get in touch with Dorthan? He never showed for the Wed game and I've sent him a PM concerning Fri's game, but I haven't heard anything back yet. If anyone has a way of contacting him, please pass along that he can catch Part III today at 7pm GMT. It would be unfortunate to run through parts I and II and not enjoy the final chapter of the series.

Thanks for playing through these, guys. It's been a long haul doing this set twice over the past 4 months. But I've had fun with it each time. Hope you have too. :)