PDA

View Full Version : 1 Player LFG PST M-F evening, Sat any time prefer PF, will try 4e/5e or C&C

Dorthan
January 13th, 2016, 04:01
FG License: Full, no DLC
Time Zone: PST USA
Day(s) of week, frequency, and time: Weekdays 5pm PST until whenever. Saturdays any time. I'd like to play weekly or twice a week for 4-5+ hours.
Term: Long term
Voice: I’ve used Skype, Vent, Teamspeak, Mumble, and probably a few others
Game System Preferred: Pathfinder, I’ll try C&C, 4E or 5E but I don’t have any FG DLC
Game System Experience: D&D, AD&D 1st Edition, AD&D 2nd Edition, Hackmaster, D&D 3/3.5, Pathfinder, Star Wars (d6, d20, Fantasy Flight) GURPS, Palladium (RIFTS, Robotech, et al.), Shadowrun (all editions except 5th), Buck Rodgers, Marvel, DC, Champions, and some others I can’t remember like Farscape, Stargate, d20 Modern, and MERP.
Fantasy Grounds Experience: Just bought it on Steam
Character Type Preferred: Whatever fills out the group the best.

Greetings, programs.

I host a weekly PF game at my house Sundays that alternates between a mythic, dragon-heavy homebrew campaign setting and an even more mythic LOTR 4th age/time travel campaign, but it doesn't completely scratch my itch.

I'd love to try gestalt, I've done mythic, but I'm not sure both will work well. I'm a bard archer in one campaign and an orc smasher of things with hammers in the other, I'd prefer to try a different role - not so focused on one thing as the BSF and not so jack of all trades as the bard.

I'm currently helping my mother renovate her home during the week, so I'm not on my main computer until I go back to my home on the weekends. This means I can listen to VOIP but not speak unless the game is on Saturday (this may change if I can dig up or buy another microphone.) Monday through Friday I'm available starting around 5pm PST, and any time on Saturday.

I have the full FG client with no DLC, and am a novice at FG. I use Hero Labs and have many of the packages.

I'll also play RIFTS/Palladium/Robotech/whatever, and GURPS, but I don't have any of that DLC for FG, if it even exists.

Once I get this FG thing figured out I'd like to start PFS play or even GMing if I'm feeling squirrelly.

damned
January 13th, 2016, 22:21
Welcome Dorthan.
Lots of gaming experience there!
Stay active on the forums and when you see a game advertised that suits your availability and genre - post on it and introduce yourself.
Sometimes you will find a group quickly and sometimes it can take a while.
It will go much better for you if you are active :)

Dorthan
January 14th, 2016, 00:26
Thanks for the response.

When I was a kid I couldn't get enough. It was mostly Monty Haul/Powergaming until I got to college and discovered narrative in roleplaying.

damned
January 16th, 2016, 02:17
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?27869-Out-of-the-Abyss

Dorthan
January 16th, 2016, 02:59
Thanks, but that's the one day I have a real life game lol. Anyway, I've reached out to a few DM's on the boards and have a couple of prospects. Thanks for looking out!

damned
January 18th, 2016, 03:38
Hi Dorthan
I am going to run a One Shot game this Saturday - its at an odd hour but let me know if it interests you.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?27902-Dungeon-World-One-Shot-Saturday-23rd-January
https://www.fg-con.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/dungeon-world-20160123.jpg