PDA

View Full Version : Custom NPCs not saving

Vorcefield
January 12th, 2016, 20:29
When I load my module my custom NPCs have vanished. Have no idea about how to approach solving this.
Thanks for anyhelp before hand.

Vorcefield
January 12th, 2016, 20:30
And I am logging off properly. None of the other custom creation such as story or notes seem to be effected. Also the maps and tokens disappear from the tabletop.

Trenloe
January 12th, 2016, 20:56
When you say "module" do you mean a Fantasy Grounds library/data module or a Fantasy Grounds campaign? (They're actually different and handle data differently).

I'm guessing you're just using module to refer to a campaign, as a D&D module is an adventure? If so, where did you edit the NPCs? Were these NPCs from a library that you dragged to the campaign NPC list and edited, or did you create new NPCs?

Do you have multiple category tabs at the bottom of the NPC list? If so, are the NPCs "hiding" in one of these tabs?

Image elements (maps, tokens, etc.) opened on the desktop (or minimsed) won't be automatically opened when you next load the same campaign, but their size and position will be remembered - so when you open them they will open at the same positon and size when they were last used.

Trenloe
January 12th, 2016, 20:57
None of the other custom creation such as story or notes seem to be effected.
Does this mean you can't save edits for story and notes either? Or that the non-saving issue doesn't effect story and notes (i.e. edits are saved)?

Vorcefield
January 12th, 2016, 21:02
Yes I meant campaign. I solved the npc problem by running as admin. Story and notes are fine and can be edited. The map and tokens on tabletop still do not load. I am reluctant to have to remember to sign in as admin AND log out properly, for someone like me this is a problem.

Vorcefield
January 12th, 2016, 21:05
I found out how to run always as admin. :). Still have the maps and tokens problem, though I have a feeling this is how it is designed.

Trenloe
January 12th, 2016, 21:13
Still have the maps and tokens problem, though I have a feeling this is how it is designed.
See the last paragraph of post #3 above.

Vorcefield
January 12th, 2016, 21:14
See the last paragraph of post #3 above.

Thanks, I see now and its working. Finally All my problems are solved and I can get to building an amazing adventure!

Trenloe
January 12th, 2016, 21:15
Thanks, I see now and its working. Finally All my problems are solved and I can get to building an amazing adventure!
Fantastic! :)