PDA

View Full Version : 5E OGL Released

Trenloe
January 12th, 2016, 18:09
https://dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/systems-reference-document-srd

Lots of "stuff" in nearly 400 pages...

Great news for the community and third party publishers. :)

ddavison
January 12th, 2016, 18:27
We didn't get a chance to preview the contents, but I suspect that we'll be releasing SRD content inside of Fantasy Grounds as soon as we get it converted. It has a bunch of content in it.

JeffKnight
January 12th, 2016, 19:12
Since a bunch of Adventurer's League stuff was released on the DM Guild store, here is the current official news regarding AL stuff:

Wizards' announcement today of Dungeon Masters Guild is exciting and will offer D&D players around the world more opportunities to play the game we all love. It also likely left you with a lot of questions about how this will impact your online, home, store, and convention based D&D Adventurers League games. In the coming days there will be further clarifications from Wizards about how Dungeon Masters Guild works with the D&D Adventurers League and what you can expect with adventures for season 4.

LordEntrails
January 12th, 2016, 19:17
Here is the link to the GM Guild announcement: https://dnd.wizards.com/articles/news/dungeon-masters-guild-now-open

Nylanfs
January 12th, 2016, 20:36
And we're already looking at it for PCGen. :)

Mask_of_winter
January 12th, 2016, 21:00
I have read nothing but the chart on the page. Does that mean that Forgotten Realms content can only be released on the DM Guilds? Does this affect FG content at all?

Trenloe
January 12th, 2016, 21:19
Does that mean that Forgotten Realms content can only be released on the DM Guilds?
Correct. Forgotten realms specific information is still classed as WotC "Product Identity" (using OGL terminology) and is covered by copyright and is not covered by the OGL. This is the same as the original d20 OGL, and the Paizo PRD/Pathfinder OGL (which doesn't include the Paizo setting, Golarion, specific information in the OGL).

Does this affect FG content at all?
It won't affect the SmiteWorks producted WotC content because SmiteWorks have a direct agreement with WotC - outside of the OGL/DM Guild.

TASagent
January 12th, 2016, 21:20
I think it's that if you want to write and sell (or maybe even just distribute) original content that refers to Forgotten Realms IP specifically, you can sell it on their store, but only there. If you do not specifically use or refer to FR Intellectual Property, then you can publish a book and sell it where ever under the OGL. I'm pretty sure that's far more forgiving than their policies have ever been. Previously, third parties couldn't use FR IP in their publications at all. This is an interesting step forward.

I do not believe this affects Fantasy Grounds at all, at least not the official adventures. The adventures being sold, for instance, are licensed conversions of first party content, not third-party content being published under the OGL. But I'm not sure what effect (if any) it might have on modules people make and distribute that refers to FR IP. Though since that was not technically allowed at all previously, I'm not particularly concerned about this changing anything.

Edit: Looks like Trenloe beat me to the punch. I was responding to Mask_of_winter.

JeffKnight
January 12th, 2016, 22:10
Yeah, I'm going to be asking about original FR content made for FG. If it needs to be made/sold on both, that's fine, but 90% of the stuff I make is for FG-run games, and I'd love to be able to offer that as DLC for FG.

ddavison
January 12th, 2016, 22:46
We still need to work out some details about whether or not DM Guild content can be released or sold for Fantasy Grounds. We discussed this a while back when they shared the news with us, but we never came to any definite decisions. As it stands, you can only publish DM Guild content through One Book Shelf and that I believe is limited to PDF format.

ddavison
January 12th, 2016, 22:48
Oh, and we are not otherwise impacted by the announcement. We will continue to produce official content as it is released for D&D.

I will be working on new SRD modules for release though. I nearly have the SRD Bestiary complete. I reached out to Zacchaeus to see about having him help me prep the rest of the content. It's a bunch.

Seananigans
January 13th, 2016, 03:14
I'm confused, what is this SRD exactly? I paged through it and it looks like all of the meat of all 3 main 5th edition books, for free? So they're releasing all of this information for free to the public under the OGL?

ddavison
January 13th, 2016, 03:38
SRD stands for System Reference Document. It includes a fairly large chunk of the official material, but not everything. As an example, it includes every class from the PHB - but in a different format. It won't contain the descriptions in the beginning or the quick build rules. It won't contain the backgrounds, other than the Acolyte. For archetypes, domains, etc. the full class may contain 3 or more options and the SRD will only give you one option. Some spells may be excluded and you won't have any images. Otherwise, though, it's very playable as-is.

For the monster manual content, these won't contain descriptions of the monsters, images or tokens but will include the stats for a large number of the monsters. It leaves off many monsters, but I'm guessing it is somewhere around 60-70% of them. Has anyone done the math yet to see what percentage is actually included.

Seananigans
January 13th, 2016, 03:40
Ah, alright. So it's some freebie stuff, but not a completely free (functional) version of the three books. Thanks for the clarification!

midas
January 13th, 2016, 03:54
What about non-Forgotten Realms content? For example, if someone wanted to create and sell a Ravenloft adventure, or Dark Sun, is that still considered copyrighted? Or would they at least be able to sell it on the guild site? They point out Forgotten Realms being allowed there, but don't say anything about other content being restricted. Was just wondering if the OGL portion was only for homebrew stuff.

damned
January 13th, 2016, 04:16
SRD stands for System Reference Document. It includes a fairly large chunk of the official material, but not everything. As an example, it includes every class from the PHB - but in a different format. It won't contain the descriptions in the beginning or the quick build rules. It won't contain the backgrounds, other than the Acolyte. For archetypes, domains, etc. the full class may contain 3 or more options and the SRD will only give you one option. Some spells may be excluded and you won't have any images. Otherwise, though, it's very playable as-is.

For the monster manual content, these won't contain descriptions of the monsters, images or tokens but will include the stats for a large number of the monsters. It leaves off many monsters, but I'm guessing it is somewhere around 60-70% of them. Has anyone done the math yet to see what percentage is actually included.

midas the only offical setting for 5e is the Forgotten Realms. As this is a 5e SRD it references 5e material.
Ravenloft and Dark Sun are not current settings but they are still protected by copyright.

Ah, alright. So it's some freebie stuff, but not a completely free (functional) version of the three books. Thanks for the clarification!

Seananigans giving everything away for free is a difficult business model...
The SRD is not a Fantasy Grounds thing - it is a Wizards thing.
The Wizards have already given a way a Free version of D&D 5e - the Basic Rules - which is fully functional but limited in scope.
This is included free with all licensed copies of Fantasy Grounds coutesy of SmiteWorks and the Wizards.

gqwebb
YES!, This is what made 3.5 so wide spread when it went OGL!!

https://data.whicdn.com/images/78479587/large.gif

Mask_of_winter
I'm sure IP for these campaign settings is still protected. Although I've seen fan made 5e conversions for both those settings freely distributed on social media.

damned
January 13th, 2016, 04:24
The idea behind the SRD is to establish a clear set of rules and guidelines for third party publishers - either commercial or hobbyist - to publish material designed for 5e.
It means that you dont need to negotiate a license with the Wizards directly - you can use this document but you must comply with the terms and conditions in the document. It states things like you can use the SRD content but not any Product Identity. By using the SRD you are accepting and agreeing to all the terms of the license.

The license itself is here: https://www.wizards.com/d20/files/oglv1.0a.rtf

This frees up Publishers and the Wizards from negotiating many, many agreements and also makes it clear what can and cannot be used. If you want to "partially" accept the license you are in breach of the license. You must accept the whole license. It is a good thing for everyone.

Seananigans
January 13th, 2016, 06:04
Seananigans giving everything away for free is a difficult business model...
The SRD is not a Fantasy Grounds thing - it is a Wizards thing.
The Wizards have already given a way a Free version of D&D 5e - the Basic Rules - which is fully functional but limited in scope.
This is included free with all licensed copies of Fantasy Grounds coutesy of SmiteWorks and the Wizards.

Yes, I know. That's why I was perplexed after I thumbed through the PDF (noticing a TON of info, but no pictures/flavor/whatever, but functionally who cares), wondering why on Earth they'd have released all of that 5e info for free. Hence the clarification request, and resulting realization that it's not ALL of the information.

Wolfheart
January 13th, 2016, 06:54
What about non-Forgotten Realms content? For example, if someone wanted to create and sell a Ravenloft adventure, or Dark Sun, is that still considered copyrighted? Or would they at least be able to sell it on the guild site? They point out Forgotten Realms being allowed there, but don't say anything about other content being restricted. Was just wondering if the OGL portion was only for homebrew stuff.

They state that they will open up other campaign settings later. For now, it's just the Forgotten Realms.

A question for the overlords:

As an adventure writer (who never finds the time to play) and a fan of Ed Greenwood's Forgotten Realms material, this is of course a nice opportunity to get some of my stuff out there, but it would be cool if I could publish my adventure at dmsguild and make a Fantasy Grounds version of it...is this something that could be done in the future?

Wolfheart
January 13th, 2016, 06:56
The idea behind the SRD is to establish a clear set of rules and guidelines for third party publishers - either commercial or hobbyist - to publish material designed for 5e.
It means that you dont need to negotiate a license with the Wizards directly - you can use this document but you must comply with the terms and conditions in the document. It states things like you can use the SRD content but not any Product Identity. By using the SRD you are accepting and agreeing to all the terms of the license.

The license itself is here: https://www.wizards.com/d20/files/oglv1.0a.rtf

This frees up Publishers and the Wizards from negotiating many, many agreements and also makes it clear what can and cannot be used. If you want to "partially" accept the license you are in breach of the license. You must accept the whole license. It is a good thing for everyone.

Does this mean that I can't use information from the PHB, DMG or MM which is not included in the SRD?

ddavison
January 13th, 2016, 08:07
They state that they will open up other campaign settings later. For now, it's just the Forgotten Realms.

A question for the overlords:

As an adventure writer (who never finds the time to play) and a fan of Ed Greenwood's Forgotten Realms material, this is of course a nice opportunity to get some of my stuff out there, but it would be cool if I could publish my adventure at dmsguild and make a Fantasy Grounds version of it...is this something that could be done in the future?

Maybe. We need to clarify with Wizards of the Coast how that would work. There are a few technical wrinkles in addition to making sure that each party is satisfied.

ddavison
January 13th, 2016, 08:08
On another note. I think I pretty much have the SRD content modules ready to release. I'm off to catch some sleep, but I will see if it looks good for posting tomorrow.

damned
January 13th, 2016, 12:02
Does this mean that I can't use information from the PHB, DMG or MM which is not included in the SRD?

Thats right. If you publish under the SRD everything ou publish must be in the SRD and listed as OGL - or - your own work (or work you have another agreement to use).

hereander
January 13th, 2016, 13:04
How will SRD based modules interfere with the stuff we allready bought like MM? Doesn't make sense to have them installed both, right? I guess it would pretty much mess up your campaign (links and such).

Mask_of_winter
January 13th, 2016, 13:06
How will SRD based modules interfere with the stuff we allready bought like MM? Doesn't make sense to have them installed both, right? I guess it would pretty much mess up your campaign (links and such).
Some people have the same monster in the basic rules, MM and an adventure module. I don't think it has broken anything.

Zacchaeus
January 13th, 2016, 13:49

As Mask of Winter says it won't interfere with anything.

The Stuff in the SRD is fairly basic as you have no doubt seen and it is very unlikely that you would use it if you already have the Monster Manual or the PHB anyway. The purpose of the SRD is to show anyone who wants to design and publish an adventure or such like what they can include in such a product without breaking any Intellectual Property rights of WotC.

So, in your case, if you already have the Monster Manual and you are running a campaign or an adventure which has links to that volume you won't need the SRD open. But even if you did you won't break anything anyway.

Nylanfs
January 13th, 2016, 14:15
IF you publish in the DMsG (Dungeon Master's Guild), you have access to everything in the PHB, DMG and MM as far as I can tell. But you CAN"T sell it anywhere else than there, it's an exclusive contract,

Trenloe
January 13th, 2016, 14:31
Yes, I know. That's why I was perplexed after I thumbed through the PDF (noticing a TON of info, but no pictures/flavor/whatever, but functionally who cares), wondering why on Earth they'd have released all of that 5e info for free. Hence the clarification request, and resulting realization that it's not ALL of the information.
The OGL (and the SRD that goes with it) is primarily to allow publishers to create their own material for 5E and includes anything that is in the SRD in their material. As you state, it's only of small use to players - especially with the Basic rules PDFs still available.

See info on the OGL here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_Game_License

As has been stated earlier in this thread, when the original d20 OGL was released back in 2000 this resulted in an explosion of third party publisher (3PP) content that supported d20 (then the D&D 3.0 rules and later 3.5e). The OGL/SRD was not made available for 4E and you can see how little material was released by 3PPs for 4E!

The 5E OGL/SRD allows 3PPs to openly publish 5E material (prior to this 3PPs had to skirt around the fact that they were producing material "for the fifth edition of the worlds oldest role-plying game", they couldn't include any material from the rulesbooks (even the Basic rules PDFs) and would have to use vague statements like "see page 186 in the Book of Creatures for details of the hobgoblin". Now 3PPs can include info from the SRD in their products: NPC statistics, spell entries, equipment, etc., etc..

It's great news for the 5E community - 3PPs can openly produce more complete 5E material, and FG GMs can create adventure/library modules that include SRD/OGL material publicly.

ddavison
January 13th, 2016, 14:43

There are a few things that might be affected by having the SRD content open in addition to the same content from the official mods, and that is anything that uses the anonymous linking. We use this in a few of our official modules. Basically, what it does is when you have a link to a Bugbear, for instance, it will look through all your open modules until it finds a hit for a bugbear and will open that instance. If Bugbear is available in multiple modules, it may open up a different instance than you expect. For official modules, those will all look the same; however, the SRD version will be missing the description and image and will have a different token to represent it. I will have to do some test, but I think it will always find the non-SRD version first since the module should appear ahead of it in the tree. I believe they are sorted by module name. They might be ordered by the order that they were opened though.

Nylanfs
January 13th, 2016, 19:05
What about making the official sets layered on top of the SRD set?

ddavison
January 13th, 2016, 19:09
The SRD changes a decent amount of the text and removes other text and sections entirely. I just think that if people have an official version, they won't have the SRD opened. I don't think it will be a big deal either way though.

ddavison
January 13th, 2016, 20:59
I just pushed out the 5E SRD as a free update to everyone. Run a Check for Updates and then check your Library > Modules screen for a DD5E SRD entry. Enjoy!

Mask_of_winter
January 14th, 2016, 00:39
I just pushed out the 5E SRD as a free update to everyone. Run a Check for Updates and then check your Library > Modules screen for a DD5E SRD entry. Enjoy!
Thanks Doug! I can even use the magic item forge. For a very casual d&d 5e GM like me I feel I have everything I need to run a game without having to buy the MM and DMG guide (have the PHB). That coupled with the Basic Rules is great.

LordEntrails
January 14th, 2016, 03:53
On another note. I think I pretty much have the SRD content modules ready to release. I'm off to catch some sleep, but I will see if it looks good for posting tomorrow.

Impressive Doug. Thanks for the quick turn around on this.

ddavison
January 14th, 2016, 04:33
Zacchaeus helped smooth out a lot of issues with it. Also, I was able to borrow very heavily on a lot of the great work already done by Zeus and the many others who have aided us with our existing content and tools.

Nylanfs
January 14th, 2016, 04:49
Hey Doug, you are missing the deities. :)

ddavison
January 14th, 2016, 04:55
Hey Doug, you are missing the deities. :)

They are in the Appendix B: Gods of the Multiverse within the reference manual of the SRD Data module.

Nylanfs
January 14th, 2016, 05:14
Wow, that was kinda buried. :)

gqwebb
January 14th, 2016, 19:03
Wow, that was kinda buried. :)

That be one of them thar gold nuggets! This is so awesome I just gotta get the word out!

Nylanfs
January 14th, 2016, 19:08
The deities are only the public domain ones not the setting specific ones though. :)

ddavison
January 14th, 2016, 19:10
Yep, pretty much all of the licensed setting text has been removed for the SRD. Some of the magic items used to summon creatures that are not in the SRD, so those were changed to other monsters which are included.

Diceman
January 14th, 2016, 22:05
The OGL (and the SRD that goes with it) is primarily to allow publishers to create their own material for 5E and includes anything that is in the SRD in their material. As you state, it's only of small use to players - especially with the Basic rules PDFs still available.

See info on the OGL here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_Game_License

As has been stated earlier in this thread, when the original d20 OGL was released back in 2000 this resulted in an explosion of third party publisher (3PP) content that supported d20 (then the D&D 3.0 rules and later 3.5e). The OGL/SRD was not made available for 4E and you can see how little material was released by 3PPs for 4E!

The 5E OGL/SRD allows 3PPs to openly publish 5E material (prior to this 3PPs had to skirt around the fact that they were producing material "for the fifth edition of the worlds oldest role-plying game", they couldn't include any material from the rulesbooks (even the Basic rules PDFs) and would have to use vague statements like "see page 186 in the Book of Creatures for details of the hobgoblin". Now 3PPs can include info from the SRD in their products: NPC statistics, spell entries, equipment, etc., etc..

It's great news for the 5E community - 3PPs can openly produce more complete 5E material, and FG GMs can create adventure/library modules that include SRD/OGL material publicly.
I agree that this is great news in terms of third party material for the print version/ live table top experience.

While I understand why FGs needed to release SRD modules I feel like it will hurt their sales. I'm sure they will see some increase in licenses, but I know how cheap most gamers are and how they want everything for free. They will forgo purchasing the core modules in favor of the SRD modules thus limiting the growth of fantasy Grounds which I have become a big supporter of.

I suppose the positive way to look at it is that a certain number of people who were never going to spend money on Fantasy Grounds may be influenced to get a license if not the core modules now that they can get the SRD modules for free.

Sorry if this sounds like a rant, I just have little patience for gamers who don't support the games publishers of the games they play by only using free material (SRD) when licensed material is available for purchase.

spite
January 15th, 2016, 03:38
Is there any chance that we can now share par5ed content that includes the stuff that is in the open SRD? IE, if I make a module that includes some new domains/archetypes but have made up the classes using the new stuff and all of the things available in the SRD can I share that freely with people?

damned
January 15th, 2016, 04:22
you have to read the OGL and the SRD and make sure you understand what is and is not allowed - and then YES - you can share fan made stuff and stuff that is covered by the SRD - but their are requirements so check em out :)

ddavison
January 15th, 2016, 04:54
What damned said.

spite
January 15th, 2016, 06:09
Awesome!

Dracones
January 16th, 2016, 00:16
This is really cool. The DM Guild stuff I find very interesting because it also allows for non-setting specific WoTC material to be used. I'd love to see some classic D&D modules converted over to 5E Fantasy Grounds and this sounds like we're almost at that point.

Thegroo
January 16th, 2016, 03:02
Great

Trenloe
January 16th, 2016, 04:21
I'd love to see some classic D&D modules converted over to 5E Fantasy Grounds and this sounds like we're almost at that point.
Because WotC has finally released an OGL will this mean that they're closer to allowing FG conversions of classic D&D modules? I don't know, but I doubt if the two are linked. This is outside of the 5E OGL - which is a generic open license for all producers of D&D material. WotC still owns the copyright for those products and will never put background/story/artwork etc. as open content in an OGL, that will always be product identity and will remain copyright protected. It's up to WotC to allow FG conversions of the classic D&D modules, outside of any OGL.

LordEntrails
January 16th, 2016, 05:42
Classic Forgotten Realms modules might be able to be updated and published through the DMsG... They hint that all legacy FR content can be used, but then in other places they imply that only artwork specifically released can be used.

Two parts of the content agreement (https://www.dmsguild.com/whatisdmsguild.php) seem to conflict. Not sure what to make of these myself;

"Your work can use any of the fifth edition D&D rules published by Wizards of the Coast, plus decades of published material for the Forgotten Realms setting."

"You’re free to choose from the library of art and maps that we’ll be providing,"

Mask_of_winter
January 16th, 2016, 05:57
Art is still copyright. When an artist sells art for a book the license is usually only limited to one release. So I believe it means you can use the text, but not the art. In the DMsG store, you can download art packs for free and use those for material you sell on their site only.

damned
January 16th, 2016, 06:41
Art is still copyright. When an artist sells art for a book the license is usually only limited to one release. So I believe it means you can use the text, but not the art. In the DMsG store, you can download art packs for free and use those for material you sell on their site only.

That all depends on the license you have with the artist. You can purchase all rights to the work or any amount of limited rights...

Classic Forgotten Realms modules might be able to be updated and published through the DMsG... They hint that all legacy FR content can be used, but then in other places they imply that only artwork specifically released can be used.

Two parts of the content agreement (https://www.dmsguild.com/whatisdmsguild.php) seem to conflict. Not sure what to make of these myself;

"Your work can use any of the fifth edition D&D rules published by Wizards of the Coast, plus decades of published material for the Forgotten Realms setting."

"You’re free to choose from the library of art and maps that we’ll be providing,"

I believe that what you are reading is correct.
You can use the text and setting info from any Wizards published material regarding 5e and the Forgotten Realms setting plus you can use the Artwork that has been released specifically to the DMs Guild.
That would not mean you can convert an old module that was set in the FR but you could use the locations, NPCs, organisations etc. You also can not use any art from these FR sources unless that art has also been released to the DMs Guild.

Dracones
January 16th, 2016, 08:02
Because WotC has finally released an OGL will this mean that they're closer to allowing FG conversions of classic D&D modules?

Not the OGL, but the DMsG. This is from the recent Reddit AMA:

Can you update old adventures?

Yes, as long as they are part of the content covered by the Guild. I’d suggest extending the adventure with new content rather than just copying it, because updates to 5e are fairly easy. I think you’d need to add a personal spin to it to get attention.

What are the limitations on what you can use?

Within the Guild, you can use any Forgotten Realms RPG product and non-setting specific RPG material. As long as it was content published and owned by WotC, you should be good.

So, at the moment it seems it may be possible to take a non-setting specific D&D module owned by WoTC(and there are a lot of those), update to 5E and sell it on DMsG. If that's true there'd be no reason to think we couldn't convert that content to Fantasy Grounds as well, the store just needs to support it. In fact if someone took an old module, converted it to 5E and put it up on the DMsG it'd seem to be legit to take that work, convert it to FG and sell it. Because the original IP is sort of viral in that way.

I'm a bit at a stage of disbelief and waiting to hear the above quotes are wrong though. It just seems too good to be true.

Edit: Here's the link to the AMA summary: https://merricb.com/2016/01/16/a-summary-of-the-dd-ask-me-anything-on-reddit/

One of the examples of "Can I convert an old module" is B4: The Lost City which is a 1982 Mystara module. It sounds like you could convert it to 5E and put it in the FR setting. So I wouldn't see why FG module writers couldn't do the same, only convert it to 5E, FR, Fantasy Grounds format and sell it on the DMsG market.

LordEntrails
January 16th, 2016, 19:41
The reason I'm interested in this is my Undermountain module. I'm about done with detailing the first level of the Undermountain and to actually be able to release it would be VERY nice. But to do so, I need to be able to;
- Use the maps, from previous UM modules and box sets as well as the FR Interactive Atlas (I expect this to be the biggest hurdle)
- Use the personalities and locations, this has already been allowed (i.e. Halaster, Yawning Portal Inn, etc) with the DMsG, not the SRD/OGL
- Use token images from the MM, this is good for the DMsG, but not SRD/OGL publishing
- (and I'm sure I'm missing something, but drawing a blank at the moment)

I'll be waiting on Doug to let us know when/if we can publish on FG with the same license as the DMsG. And I'll also have to figure out to reverse PAR5E a FG module into a formatted text file :)

Dracones
January 16th, 2016, 21:16
- Use the maps, from previous UM modules and box sets as well as the FR Interactive Atlas (I expect this to be the biggest hurdle)

Looks like they've updated the FAQ for the DMsG to exclude art and maps on content submitted to the it. Though if WoTC fully owns the art/maps for Undermountain you might be able to use it. It seems the spirit of the DMsG is they want you to be able to use this content, but they can't enforce that license model on art/maps that might be paid for to third parties and have other distribution restrictions on it.

I'm not really sure what the licensing situation is for all the old maps and artwork from the early modules.

ddavison
January 17th, 2016, 02:05
It sounds like art is off the table unless it is specifically provided in the DMGuild art resources they release. There is a reference that otherwise, you can create your own content based on the older content if it has a Forgotten Realms logo on the cover.

Q&A on Reddit, compiled on ENWorld
https://www.enworld.org/forum/content.php?3161-A-Million-Answers-From-Mearls-Lindsay-About-DM-s-Guild-DDAL-and-the-OGL-(Compiled-AMA)#.VprzRCorKCg

I will try to get a call or email chain with WOTC next week to see if there is some way we can let people build content for the DMGuild within FG. It occurs to me that we might be able to re-purpose the character sheet printer technique to spit out content in an appropriate format for the DMGuild but allow you to build it within FG. I'll have to play around with this a bit more first -- time permitting.

Dracones
January 17th, 2016, 04:52
Isn't the DMGuild shop just another rpgnow, dndclassic codebase site? There are already Fantasy Grounds modules up on those sites in zip format. It also looks like there are zip files on the new site under the DM Guild section: DMs Guild Creator Resource - Beast Art (https://www.dmsguild.com/product/170630/DMs-Guild-Creator-Resource--Beast-Art?filters=45469_0_0_0_0_0)

So just import/export the zip. The only thing that sort of sucks is that it'd be better for Smiteworks if it was integrated into the FG storefront.

damned
January 17th, 2016, 09:38
Isn't the DMGuild shop just another rpgnow, dndclassic codebase site?

Yes.

So just import/export the zip. The only thing that sort of sucks is that it'd be better for Smiteworks if it was integrated into the FG storefront.

At this stage its not that straight forward. It may turn out that way but right now stuff designed for the DMsGuild is only sold on the DMsGuild.

LordEntrails
January 17th, 2016, 20:32
I will try to get a call or email chain with WOTC next week to see if there is some way we can let people build content for the DMGuild within FG. It occurs to me that we might be able to re-purpose the character sheet printer technique to spit out content in an appropriate format for the DMGuild but allow you to build it within FG. I'll have to play around with this a bit more first -- time permitting.

Thanks

SilverBulletKY
February 2nd, 2016, 21:08
Can you not edit the NPCs from the SRD if you want to modify their level or make changes?

Trenloe
February 2nd, 2016, 21:09
Can you not edit the NPCs from the SRD if you want to modify their level or make changes?
Drag them to the campaign NPC list and edit them there.

Zacchaeus
February 2nd, 2016, 21:10
Yes, drag an NPC from the SRD (or any other module) into the NPCs dialog (open the dialog by clicking on the NPC button on the right hand side) and you can then click on the little lock icon at the top right hand corner to edit the NPC.

EDIT: and Trenloe is having another slow day at work. Ninja'd! :)

SilverBulletKY
February 2nd, 2016, 21:13
Great! I am loving this software!!

Nylanfs
February 2nd, 2016, 22:08
Yea!