PDA

View Full Version : Die Rolls Hidden

SublimeMime
January 12th, 2016, 09:22
So recently I noticed that my die rolls as the GM are hidden by default? I don't remember it doing this before. I know holding ctrl when rolling makes them visible to all, and I tried to /die reveal command but when I roll again my die rolls are hidden. Same thing when I roll from a character sheet. Is there anyway to fix this?

Mask_of_winter
January 12th, 2016, 10:28
Yes, go in your options/preferences and turn the "hide gm die rolls" option off.

Trenloe
January 12th, 2016, 14:42
As Mask says there are campaign settings that can be changed, some of these vary by ruleset.

When you typed /die reveal did FG report "Revealing all die rolls" in the chat window?

Using the CTRL key doesn't usually show rolls that would be hidden. Which ruleset are you using?

SublimeMime
January 12th, 2016, 15:47
I was using the GURPS and WoD ruleset. Both of them are hiding my rolls my default, which wasn't happening before. They don't seem to have an option to go in and turn "hide gm rolls off". It does tell me "Revealing all die rolls", but then when I roll it hides it again, specifically when I roll from a character sheet.

Trenloe
January 12th, 2016, 17:06
I was using the GURPS and WoD ruleset.
Looking through the WoD code, the only way to reveal GM rolls is to hold the ALT key before rolling (not the CTRL key). There is no code to actually read the /die reveal setting.

Looking at the GURPS code, there is 99% of the code to cater for /die reveal except it is not catered for in all roll types. Like the WoD ruleset, you can use the ALT key to make the GM rolls public. Just be careful with NPC attack rolls as pressing the ALT key before picking up the attack entry will make it a damage roll. This means that an NPC damage roll from the "Attacks" section will be visible, so the only way to make the damage roll secret is to roll it on the desktop, not in the chat window. Some GURPS experts might be able to offer some more insight into how they use this - perhaps post in the GURPS forum to ask if you need more info.

SublimeMime
January 12th, 2016, 20:20
Odd. Thanks a lot, though. I'll ask in the GURPS forum if there's a way around this.