PDA

View Full Version : Notes export from CoreRPG

Samarex
January 12th, 2016, 00:02
Why is it that the Notes Section is not Exported to a mod when you do a /export. Would it be possible to have it added into the /export function to be able to select NOTES also.
I was creating a Session mod and got 90% of the information put in alot of the information on rooms and stuff were put in note and dropped as pins on my map for referance during play. But they do not export to the mod so the are not there in the Campaign.

Mask_of_winter
January 12th, 2016, 00:04
Just a reminder that Notes are typically for the players. If, as a GM, you want to take Notes, I recommend using Story entries instead. You can even put them in their own tab. These have a lot more flexibility for a GM and can also be exported.

Samarex
January 12th, 2016, 00:14
Yes I will have to do that but I dont see any reason that Notes can not be used also. I think that Story section should be just that Story related stuff and that if I want to have reference information here and there on maps and such that I should be able to make notes as a GM and they are for the GM so just dont share until I want to.
I just making it a suggestion that the notes also be exportable with the tabs like the rest of the blocks just to give a little more flexablility to the GM.
The Idea is that I am going to run a Adventure Path which has 6 books. I dont want to have 6 different campaigns that base information needs to be put in each. So I want a Base Campaign that all the Base information and Characters are in. Then each book (yes it starts as a campaign but ends up a mod after export) is put into mod form that can be opened in the base campaign.

Trenloe
January 12th, 2016, 00:23
Moved this specific topic to a new thread, as it wasn't related to programming guidelines on modifying the CoreRPG ruleset.

As MoW has mentioned, notes are: 1) supposed to be primarily for players and 2) Are supposed to be campaign related, not stored in modules. Use Story entries if you want to do this.

If you desire this functionality then please add to the FG wishlist: https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/ or you could probably make an extension to do it - although it may not work too well as the notes list doesn't have category tabs and modules display their information in new category tabs so there might be a conflict and further modifications to how notes work might be needed.

Recommendation: Make a "Notes' category tab in your Story list window and put your notes there. You'll be able to export them to a module.